Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

Oops, quoted the wrong post. My post was referring to the Vols football team staying in a hotel in Ocala

Ocala, "The Horse Capital of the South" or something like that. I have actually stayed a few days and nights in Ocala for some reason. One of the few cities in Florida that I've been to that seemed more like a southern city/town. Probably because it's not as infested by transplated yankees as the other Florida cities I've stayed in, like Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, Jax, Tampa/St. Pete and Daytona. Probably because it's not usually a vacation destination

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
What I meant by luck is that there was no indication that Minshew would become what he is now at that point in time. Obviously something clicked for him in Leach's system but he could have also just as easily been the same guy who couldn't hack it at Troy.

You are correct. He didn't hack it at Troy because he played at community college and then at ECU. He actually finished his final season at ECU pretty well then went to WSU.

Edit: I'm wrong about Troy. Dude did bounce around

Last edited:
What could possibly go wrong SMH.

The bead market will be in constant flux for a while as people figure out if more woman can be coaxed into accepting beads or if they are now unnecessary. This will put plastic production in state of uncertainty. And since oil is used to make plastic, expect volatility at the pump. These law makers have really opened up Pandora's box on this one. Sheesh.

I like it. Let them come play a SEC schedule and see how they fare.
So we can have guaranteed Ls for the foreseeable future? Naw thanks. Sadly recruits look a lot at pure W/L and this has killed us recently and helped teams in scrub conferences stay up. Hell, I'd take the acc right now. We'd be killing it in no time.

Ofc we'd get Chryst over Minshew. Such a UT thing. Whatever we think of doing, we should do the opposite.
i don't know that it was simply a choice that we took Chryst over Minchew.

and even if it were, htf we gonna know what that kid was gonna do given what he had done up to that point?

sometimes, it's just situation meeting opportunity, and for Leach anc Minchew, i say good for them.

none of this means we made this epic mistake.

but by all means, err'body please keep going with the revisionist history, you know, cause social media hot take........

This would probably cause me to lose my mind. I despise Urban Meyer.
What do you mean? Being here? Pretty sure we'd drop hate real fast for all the Ws he'd bring. Dude would be an instant winner and put the league on notice. 2nd best coach in the league day 1. (All hypothetical, I'm 99% Pruitt rn).

So we can have guaranteed Ls for the foreseeable future? Naw thanks. Sadly recruits look a lot at pure W/L and this has killed us recently and helped teams in scrub conferences stay up. Hell, I'd take the acc right now. We'd be killing it in no time.
Clemson wouldn't be who they are if they had to play a SEC schedule every year. Lol at wanting to move to the ACC..

The bead market will be in constant flux for a while as people figure out if more woman can be coaxed into accepting beads or if they are now unnecessary. This will put plastic production in state of uncertainty. And since oil is used to make plastic, expect volatility at the pump. These law makers have really opened up Pandora's box on this one. Sheesh.
Throw me something, mister!

i don't know that it was simply a choice that we took Chryst over Minchew.

and even if it were, htf we gonna know what that kid was gonna do given what he had done up to that point?

sometimes, it's just situation meeting opportunity, and for Leach anc Minchew, i say good for them.

none of this means we made this epic mistake.

but by all means, err'body please keep going with the revisionist history, you know, cause social media hot take........
That's why I didn't go with "choose Chryst over Minshew". Only that we ended up with Chryst, whatever the circumstances were. Choice or not, it seems like we just end up with guys that don't work out.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Looks great! I have some Weller, Old Forester and an unopened bottle of Woodford if things really start to take a turn towards crazytown...
Knob Creek rye. Daughter interviewed me on my childhood for Sociology class and thought I could use it. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back