Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when they were like, "But Tennessee's average rating!"

Go look at Florida's now.
Unfortunately their real average is probably in the 89 range. They have 2 jucos rated 93 and 87 by 247, but they don't have a composite yet, so they count at 70s by default, like a guy or 2 we had early on.

If their composite ends up equaling the 247 ratings, they would have an 89.9 average...which is right where we are anyway, so yeah...still no room to talk 😅. We have a strong average now anyway so idgaf.

Is he Jack's kid? Does Mehlen think just getting kids of millionaires will help? Or did Mehgen request some rich ****?
9764412.jpg

Doubtful

Don’t think he has committed yet. I’m saying their average will suck even more when they have to sign a long snapper. Apparently they need one in the class this year.
Wonder how much snappers make. It is definitely quite a skill and there's zero room for error, but man you take about 10 or so plays a game, fly under the radar otherwise, and make millions over your career. And really, how much competition is there? Nothing close to trying be a QB/the dude.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Wonder how much snappers make. It is definitely quite a skill and there's zero room for error, but man you take about 10 or so plays a game, fly under the radar otherwise, and make millions over your career. And really, how much competition is there? Nothing close to trying be a QB/the dude.
Veterans probably make up to a million

Edit: Just looked it up, Morgan Cox, who’s been with the Ravens for 10 years, makes $1.2 million/year.

What part of brisket?
Used the flat for this one, but hell we cut a whole brisket into 1lb pieces and froze them just for future burgers, so we'll be using the whole thing. Will try to keep it in mind when we get to the point cuts. Only the second time doing these burgers, but were never going back. Insanely good!

Big Bang Theory is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I don't think it's funny, and puts off the vibe that everyone in academia are a-holes with aspergers or something. I don't know how many people have been like, "Working in academia must be like Big Bang Theory!"

Nope, my colleagues are normal, nice, and a lot come from working class backgrounds. That Sheldon dude wouldn't have made it past a skype interview for an academic position, because no one wants to sit in a faculty meeting with an @#$hole.
One of my best friends 1) has aspergers 2) is an ******* and 3) is going into academia. LMAO

But he's also actually funny, and never in the weird awkward way they do it on Big Bang.

Reactions: RiotVol
Since we are talking screen, what is one show you can't grasp why it is/was popular?

Mine is definitely The Goldbergs. Just gave it one last chance the other night and had to google why it was still on. Inexplicably, it has a very positive metacritic audience score. Figured it ran a season or two and went off...nope it's still going 7 seasons later and it's syndicated. I get 80's nostalgia, but I've given it 4 or 5 episodes over the years and have yet to even crack a single laugh. I really like Jeff Garland too, the only redeemable part of it. Just my .02
Never bothered watching it even once. The show I could never figure out how it made it to production was "Everybody loves Raymond". The most boring set of characters and actors ever.

Forgot to post our Memorial Day burgs.

33:33:33 sirloin:short ribs:brisket
Grilled onions and a ketchup mayo and diced pickle sauce. American cheese. Pop’s and I were feeling froggy and went for the triple decker.

View attachment 282863

Messy burgs = the best burgs

Y’all gotta try that meat combo. You’ll never go back!
Congrats on... never mind... we will always remember you fondly. 💀

Nerves. Imo Golf is a very nerve racking sport....for some. Instead of all eyes on a football field, all eyes are on one person, sorta like giving a speech in front of the class. Not defending him because he did play terrible, but maybe could be a factor. Also, I know there wasn’t a ton of people there but when you’re in the presence of two legends your butthole will be puckered not matter how great you are at your respective sport
It didn't seem to bother Manning very much. He was nervous early but settled down and hit tons of quality shots. I also think Brady wanted to play better than Manning and he didn't do it. That may have screwed him up but I have serious doubts that he's an 8 handicap. JMO.

Wait, this is 2020... I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to tell you that you're stupid and I'm right.

You're probably right, and maybe I just need to cool it on this one.

Haha, I read an article the other day about how they almost 'screwed up' the Pam / Jim wedding episode with some major dark comedy. As I was reading the description of Roy crashing their wedding and Dwight murdering a horse all I could think was 'that would have been hilarious'.

I don't know that there's a right or wrong when it comes to comedy. Some people laugh, some people get offended, I get offended sometimes but still can't stop laughing if it's funny enough.

Don’t remember what thread I was in when I said Banks coming back would start next to TooToo.... but I take it back after rewatching the Chattanooga game.

He was misaligned numerous times, would not shoot the gaps, had trouble getting off of blocks, and tried to read the play instead of going where he needed to be to seal running lanes.

I know he had a few interceptions that game but some of those he wasn’t even in the right place he just got lucky.

Hope JJP balls out this year and if not him hopefully someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back