Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dayton has stepped up intensity on both ends of the court. You can definitely see why they are in this game. This is an athletic team. They are lighting it up from 3 currently. Lock down defense has put pressure on Barnes’ team and caused 3 straight turnovers.

Dayton is up 17-14 with 12:45 remaining in the first half.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I'm talking about the basic replication rate of the virus, and the required level of inoculation to reach herd immunity. If there are new estimates of R0, that aren't artificially skewed by mitigation, I'm all ears.

All I'm saying is that the exponential expansion was quite linear and consistent with the R0 that I've stated ad nauseum, until mitigation efforts kicked in, at which time the log graph started flattening. I'm certain that there could have been other factors that changed it, but I can't quantify those.

I honestly don't want to fight about it.
I go back and forth on this a lot, but I always go back to the Italian situation. That was not a number mirage...it got out of hand quick, and completely overwhelmed their health care system, and without mitigation here, it would have been the same story.

Dayton continues its hot streak from behind the line. 5/5 from 3 right now. Tennessee has focused its game inside. Pretty clear the game plan is get Fulkerson and Pons as many touches as possible.

Dayton 23-20 with 9 minutes to play
Wow...I hope we can pull this one out, but it just seems like they are gonna pull away soon..

The log graph was flat until 6-8 days after schools were closed, which was the first mitigation step.
I see no evidence that the basic R0 of 1.5 to 3.5 was wrong.

Wait just a darn minute. The suggestion is virus transmitted thru close proximity and contact, was drastically slowed by avoiding...

close proximity and contact.

FrailBoilingIbizanhound-size_restricted.gif

It’s changed in every freaking state because mitigation helps but they were wrong. Keep doing it and if this continues then start opening up May 1-15
There is no doubt that the mitigation has saved lives and will continue to do so. Not sure why it's even a debate. What is actually being enforced in Tennessee? Not much, but a lot of people are cooperating.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Pneumonia deaths have plunged this year, wonder what could have happened? 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 270343

Interesting notes about this data:

Based on National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) mortality surveillance data available on March 26, 2020, 8.2% of the deaths occurring during the week ending March 21, 2020 (week 12) were due to P&I. This percentage is above the epidemic threshold of 7.2% for week 12.

While the percent of all deaths due to P&I has increased during weeks 9-12 (7.4-8.2%), the percent of all deaths with Influenza listed as a cause have decreased (from 1.0% to 0.8%) over this same time period. The increase in pneumonia deaths during this time period are likely associated with COVID-19 rather than influenza.

Source:
Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report (FluView)

Reactions: drvenner
@nicksjuzunk , how are you feeling this evening? How's the family member you mentioned who was also sick?
Hey friend

I’m up and down. Been really sedentary today, just resting a lot. Mother in law seems to be about the same but she ha something from the doctor she’s taking now

I really don’t think it’s Covid-19, but who knows? It seems to be some other virus, but how any virus got to me with our precautions is pretty wild.
Thanks!

The key will be the small businesses and if they utilize the government funding
It is absolutely key. It may end up really helping my boss despite the vast shortage in mileage...if he gets the help he thinks is going to happen.

We could actually come out stronger in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back