Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they work..but for how long can we keep the world shut down? You know as well as I do what is going to happen..all it takes is one little green bubble getting through, and we are right back here.

Eventually they will convince themselves that one of these possible treatments (hydroxychloroquine/azith or ivermectin or the next big thing) will cure it and they'll just let it run. The current distancing is just to buy time to prove a treatment. It won't go much longer before they find the silver bullet and get the supply chain filled.

Peace brother.

It was probably founded by someone named Greene.

Ok, sorry, I don't know much. I do like that part of the state. Greeneville, Joneborough, Johnson City all seem pretty nice to me.
I love the upper NE part of the state...I love the Tri-Cities area especially.

Last edited:
What does that mean? I'm talking about the case rate, not mortality rate. It grew consistent with the early estimates of R0, until governments started mitigation.

As for mortality, Korea has slowly crept up to 1.8%, while maintaining a relatively stable number of cases. Germany, which everyone was citing as having really low mortality has crept up to 1.5%. Whether the real number is 1.8% or half that, that's a lot of dead people if you don't stop the spread. Social distancing works.

Testing per Capita had nothing to do with. Sheep man

That Oklahoma loss was a turning point. We find a way to hold on and we likely find a way close it out in Gainesville and we’re on our way to a 10-11 win regular season and an outside shot at the CFP. Looking back, that Oklahoma loss felt like a crossroads, when in reality at the time, we thought coming back and beating Georgia was going to get things going for the program.
The Curt Maggitt freak special teams injury occurred on the last play of the 1st half during the Oklahoma game. Pretty sure Baker Mayfield does not go crazy in 2nd half if Maggitt is still in the game. May have been the most untimely UT injury in the last 10 years. Who knows how that 2015 season ends if Maggitt had not got injured.

It goes to show you how thin the line can be between success and failure. Jones almost got us there. It's agonizing how close we were. That 2015 team was good enough to play for it all.
It was a mirage..we had transcendent skill position talent on that team, but the foundation was totally rotten...great programs are built from the inside out.

Put Dobbs, Hurd and Kamara etc etc etc..with our current squad and coaching, and it would be special.

Been sayin it ever since the first models came out. It is fact that unless you go stay in a closed off system for the next year, you will be exposed and infected to one degree or another. All it takes it one asymptomatic to infect dozens of others...and the person.will ever even know they had it.

I have said this a hundred times, this is not stopping it, it is only slowing it down, and we as a society can not do this indefinitely.
Read 1/4 of the economy is gone. Domtar, 2nd or 3rd biggest employer in Kport. Laid 300 people off today, granted its not permanent, yet.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
How big do you believe the gap to be between confirmed and actual cases? It doesn't really matter because this thing spreads so easily, but I believe it to be a really big gap.

Blee at Harvard who believes in everything Fauci does said he thinks up to 11 million is possible and they are talking about it among peers and another reason SS won’t mention as a change in model cause only mitigation does it. I think mitigation helps but is not the ONLY reason.

Blee at Harvard who believes in everything Fauci does said he thinks up to 11 million is possible and they are talking about it among peers and another reason SS won’t mention as a change in model cause only mitigation does it. I think mitigation helps but is not the ONLY reason.

I'm talking about the basic replication rate of the virus, and the required level of inoculation to reach herd immunity. If there are new estimates of R0, that aren't artificially skewed by mitigation, I'm all ears.

All I'm saying is that the exponential expansion was quite linear and consistent with the R0 that I've stated ad nauseum, until mitigation efforts kicked in, at which time the log graph started flattening. I'm certain that there could have been other factors that changed it, but I can't quantify those.

I honestly don't want to fight about it.

It was a mirage..we had transcendent skill position talent on that team, but the foundation was totally rotten...great programs are built from the inside out.

Put Dobbs, Hurd and Kamara etc etc etc..with our current squad and coaching, and it would be special.

The 2015 OL was fantastic. Bamasaid we were the most physical team they played all year. Whatever transpired between that team and 2016 was what started the downfall, and I think we all know it was strength and conditioning.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Read 1/4 of the economy is gone. Domtar, 2nd or 3rd biggest employer in Kport. Laid 300 people off today, granted its not permanent, yet.

If every wife is like mine, then the restaurants are going to blow up when we get back to normal because she says she’s not cooking for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back