Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longest Yard(original), Brians Song, Remember the Titans, We are Marshall, Invincible, Friday Night Lights, The Program, Rudy, Varsity Blues, just to name a few. And I like the movie The Replacements
Dude 🤦‍♂️

Most of those are awful (not Longest Yard and Brian’s Song). Rudy? Varsity Blues? Can’t believe you didn’t mention the Blind Side.

I also have The Waterboy as my solid #2. Necessary Roughness, Any Given Sunday, and Jerry Maguire round out the top 5.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Well boys, moved to London this weekend for a 1 year work stint...never lived outside the U.S. and unfortunately happens during the virus.

About 24 hours after I left too my home state of Ohio announced a shutdown of all bars / restaurants. Crazy times and feel for so many small business owners across the world right now.

Well boys, moved to London this weekend for a 1 year work stint...never lived outside the U.S. and unfortunately happens during the virus.

About 24 hours after I left too my home state of Ohio announced a shutdown of all bars / restaurants. Crazy times and feel for so many small business owners across the world right now.
Best of luck to you my friend. Hope you stay well. At least you are in a country that likes the US and we speak the same language. It is bad enough to move during this virus but I would think it would be worse to move to a country in chaos and not speak the language fluently. Stay safe.

Reactions: RoSmitty12
Watching a lot of this news is so depressing. Just think, millions of people own dogs who lick their asses all day and then when we get home we kiss our dogs or let them lick our face. And those same folks want to freak out over a little hand sanitizer or even touching their face...........what a messed up society.

Someone answer me this...how does a Democratic presidential debate still go on last night, when the CDC says no large gatherings over 50 people? Does it not take at least 50 people to organize and televise a debate? Everything is being shut down, yet a debate can still happen? Shouldn’t we shut down the presidential election until we get through this corona virus scare? Talk about more ammo for conspiracy theorists...

Someone answer me this...how does a Democratic presidential debate still go on last night, when the CDC says no large gatherings over 50 people? Does it not take at least 50 people to organize and televise a debate? Everything is being shut down, yet a debate can still happen? Shouldn’t we shut down the presidential election until we get through this corona virus scare? Talk about more ammo for conspiracy theorists...

I saw that too. Does that include traveling domestically on commercial airlines? I scheduled to travel in a few weeks and I want to avoid airports and commercial aircraft.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol

Not sure how many people it takes to put on a debate, but there are two sets of laws, rules, standards in this country. Been that way for some time now.

Not sure how many people it takes to put on a debate, but there are two sets of laws, rules, standards in this country. Been that way for some time now.
The way the left wing media portrays everything if it had been a Republican debate they would have screamed about how insensitive and out of touch the republicans were.

It started out as social gathers and didn't apply for work. They don't want you getting sick on your time, but come in and spread it for ole bossman.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
You answered your own question

Best Sports Radio/Podcast for the vols? I've always listened to the animal in Knoxville. I'm using iHartRadio now and would like to mix it up.

I'm bored, sooooooo. I feel like most is pretty straight forward.

Vols Starters 2020

Offense
QB - JG/Bailey
RB - Gray/Chandler
WR - Palmer, Keyton, and Velus (imo)
TE - Pope/ Beckwith (imo)
LT - Wanya
LG - Trey Smith
C - BK
RG - Cade Mays
RT - Darnell Wright

Defense
LDE - Middleton
DT - Emmit Gooden/ Greg Emerson
RDE - Aubrey Solomon
Jack - DeAndre Johnson/ Roman Harrison
MLB - Toot
WLB - Quavaris Crouch
Sam - Kivon Bennet/ Morven Joseph
LCB - Alontae Taylor
RCB - Bryce Thompson
Star - Shamburger
SS - Key Lawrence (imo)
FS - McCoullough

Seth Feroce has a good podcast I have been listening to and became kinda hooked on it. Its really just him and couple of his business partners sitting around shooting the bull for a couple hours twice a week. I find it entertaining , but it does have some foul language if that stuff bothers you. Its called HWMF

I'm bored, sooooooo. I feel like most is pretty straight forward.

Vols Starters 2020

Offense
QB - JG/Bailey
RB - Gray/Chandler
WR - Palmer, Keyton, and Velus (imo)
TE - Pope/ Beckwith (imo)
LT - Wanya
LG - Trey Smith
C - BK
RG - Cade Mays
RT - Darnell Wright

Defense
LDE - Middleton
DT - Emmit Gooden/ Greg Emerson
RDE - Aubrey Solomon
Jack - DeAndre Johnson/ Roman Harrison
MLB - Toot
WLB - Quavaris Crouch
Sam - Kivon Bennet/ Morven Joseph
LCB - Alontae Taylor
RCB - Bryce Thompson
Star - Shamburger
SS - Key Lawrence (imo)
FS - McCoullough

My changes otherwise same
WR - Palmer, Gibbs, Johnson, Keyton
TE - Pope/Lowe

WLB - Not sure who ends up here honestly. I'd love for Crouch to be the guy, but they moved him outside last season and we were thinner at ILB than we will be this year. If we get that Grad Transfer from NDST I could see him being in the mix as a starter maybe as a Jack/Sam but I expect he might be an inside guy
SS/FS - Not sure Key starts out the gate, he may win the job though. With Theo Jackson and Flowers (hopefully healthy) I think there will be some good competition there.

My changes otherwise same
WR - Palmer, Gibbs, Johnson, Keyton
TE - Pope/Lowe

WLB - Not sure who ends up here honestly. I'd love for Crouch to be the guy, but they moved him outside last season and we were thinner at ILB than we will be this year. If we get that Grad Transfer from NDST I could see him being in the mix as a starter maybe as a Jack/Sam but I expect he might be an inside guy
SS/FS - Not sure Key starts out the gate, he may win the job though. With Theo Jackson and Flowers (hopefully healthy) I think there will be some good competition there.

Do you agree that Key plays safety or are you like a lot of people saying he will play corner?

Shouldn’t we shut down the presidential election until we get through this corona virus scare? Talk about more ammo for conspiracy theorists...

I've seen some ask if Trump might try to delay the general the way state primaries are being pushed back right now, and someone pointed out the constitution states that even with no election, trump and pence's terms are over jan21, and the speaker of the house would become president. i have to imagine the prospect alone of president pelosi would be enough to push him to make sure the election happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back