Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
welp they are having me work from home for the next three weeks...my wife will kill me by Friday so it's been real! Stay hard VN!

same. in the last 20 minutes my wife has expressed annoyance with the sound of me eating cereal and "commented" about the loudness of my keyboard. gonna be a long month.

$200 for a American made jeans is re ****ing diculous.

Doesn't have to be American.
I bought 4 pair of Levi's to work in, during a g.o.b. sale. All "identical".
3 pair developed random holes, logos shredded, so on.., 1 pair still looked reasonably good (they're still in my closet).
Curiosity made me check, the 3 shredded - China.
The pair that held - Mexico.

You can find that at many stores, just have to look. They don't charge any different from Mexico/China but the quality is worlds apart.

Do you agree that Key plays safety or are you like a lot of people saying he will play corner?

He won't play corner while Bryce & Alontae are here and healthy. He'll be worked in a lot of positions, I think Pruitt & Ansley are going to put him where he gives the team the best chance to win more games.

Which based just on last year & the success we had once Warrior got rolling, that tells me they'd like their best secondary guy playing safety.

Doesn't have to be American.
I bought 4 pair of Levi's to work in, during a g.o.b. sale. All "identical".
3 pair developed random holes, logos shredded, so on.., 1 pair still looked reasonably good (they're still in my closet).
Curiosity made me check, the 3 shredded - China.
The pair that held - Mexico.

You can find that at many stores, just have to look. They don't charge any different from Mexico/China but the quality is worlds apart.

Mexico is American though...but I agree I've found a lot of good clothing out of Mexico and even some countries in South America.

Do you agree that Key plays safety or are you like a lot of people saying he will play corner?
I think Key and Tank start safety next year by the middle of the season, I don't think Key has straight line speed to be a Corner but that's NOT to say he isn't an elite athlete because he definitely is and I think that will translate well as a Safety whether it be ballhawking in the secondary, covering RB's out of the backfield, TE's, and Slot WR's when we don't have a designated Star on the field.

welp they are having me work from home for the next three weeks...my wife will kill me by Friday so it's been real! Stay hard VN!

I'm in healthcare so I can't phone it in. Just this morning my supplier of personal protective equipment tells me they are out of stock on masks and surface wipes. Glove are at lower than normal levels now but they are monitoring. Looking for other sources to fill the need, but we are to expect rationing. Neither I or my staff will see patients without PPE. Looks like we are about to start a rather long vacation if our supply chains aren't restored soon.

Someone answer me this...how does a Democratic presidential debate still go on last night, when the CDC says no large gatherings over 50 people? Does it not take at least 50 people to organize and televise a debate? Everything is being shut down, yet a debate can still happen? Shouldn’t we shut down the presidential election until we get through this corona virus scare? Talk about more ammo for conspiracy theorists...
One big problem with holding these debates is that all of the participants can be labeled as extreme risk category.

Mexico is American though...but I agree I've found a lot of good clothing out of Mexico and even some countries in South America.

I refuse to believe we're this bored already😅

Used to work with a guy from Mexico, when someone would do something stupid, he would just shake his head and say "Americans". Shot back with the all America argument once and he replied "do you really want me saying "United Stateans"? lol.

Used to work with a guy from Mexico, when someone would do something stupid, he would just shake his head and say "Americans". Shot back with the all America argument once and he replied "do you really want me saying "United Stateans"? lol.

It's not boredom and it's not picking an argument to pass time. There's only 7 continents...as a country we're the United States of America, but we share the same continent as Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Greenland...and many other countries.

Works better to exclaim "Americanos"

Reactions: jakez4ut
Here's a novel idea. How about contracting with all the crop dusting crews and all other aircraft that can be used, planes and helicopters, to spray Lysol over the entire US a time or two a week for the next month or so?
My vision was to set up those giant misting fans...the ones they have at outdoor events/venues in the middle of sweltering summer heat...with cans of Lysol!

It's not boredom and it's not picking an argument to pass time. There's only 7 continents...as a country we're the United States of America, but we share the same continent as Mexico, Canada, Cuba, Greenland...and many other countries.

Just gonna leave it at "unnecessary" and move on. But appreciate the insinuation.👍

If Oxford makes a change, I promise to return and do an edit.

American
adjective
  1. relating to or characteristic of the United States or its inhabitants.
    "the election of a new American president"
noun
  1. 1.
    a native or citizen of the United States.
  2. 2.
    the English language as it is used in the United States; American English.

Just gonna leave it at "unnecessary" and move on. But appreciate the insinuation.👍

If Oxford makes a change, I promise to return and do an edit.

American
adjective
  1. relating to or characteristic of the United States or its inhabitants.
    "the election of a new American president"
noun
  1. 1.
    a native or citizen of the United States.
  2. 2.
    the English language as it is used in the United States; American English.

I appreciate the unwarranted defensiveness.👍 Geography isn't altered by vocabulary though, regardless of which dictionary it's pulled from.

north_america_map.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back