Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Basketball can be fixed a lot faster than football. Rosters can be flipped, systems installed, toughness instilled. I look at two things, fundamentals and recruiting. Not sure about the recruiting end but the fundamentals are lacking. We'll see if they improve by year two.
Fundamentals are atrocious! When they make some of those boneheaded passes, Kelly should be yanking them out of the game and sitting them on the bench for a couple of minutes to think about what they did. That will teach them a lesson to not do it again. I’ll be honest… I don’t remember players under Holly being this careless with the basketball. Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying I would rather have Holly. We saw her product on the court, and it wasn’t pretty either.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I've met some who retired to FL for the weather and taxes, lived through a couple hurricanes then decided to find somewhere a little safer. East TN was a top choice.

There's some academic literature on this popping up now. The phrase for it "climate gentrification." Some folks started noticing it when some older neighborhoods in Miami were being gentrified because they were areas that weren't experiencing flooding.

With hurricanes hitting the coasts with more regularity and ferocity, and the mangrove and cypress forest buffers have been killed off, people who were once living on the coast are moving to the mountains. It's the same thing that happened to Miami, but at a much larger scale. Western NC and east TN are getting swarmed with retirees who were once swarming to Florida.

There's some academic literature on this popping up now. The phrase for it "climate gentrification." Some folks started noticing it when some older neighborhoods in Miami were being gentrified because they were areas that weren't experiencing flooding.

With hurricanes hitting the coasts with more regularity and ferocity, and the mangrove and cypress forest buffers have been killed off, people who were once living on the coast are moving to the mountains. It's the same thing that happened to Miami, but at a much larger scale. Western NC and east TN are getting swarmed with retirees who were once swarming to Florida.
We need to build a wall.

And make Florida pay for it.

I see it all the time in my business.Over the last 10 years the migration north has been insane.

Starting to think, with all this damn rain, I may explore this area to retire to!! Cannot stand 35-40 degrees and rain anymore!! Fml!
33EED0FD-DFF3-4A28-BD13-275B63834680.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back