Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are making the university more money than all of that......fitz is also a top 3 paid strength coach lol. Pretty sure he makes like 600k.

Like i asked before, would you be ok if you didnā€™t make any actual money at your job, but you had of your expenses covered excluding car, car insurance, phone, social life.
This is a fallacious argument, Hank.

These kids arenā€™t at ā€œa jobā€. They are at school.

I made no comment about paying players. Just that his point about the declining value of a college education was accurate. Which is something I care about. And I would think you would too if it wasn't presented in an argument about paying players.
Imagine how much more devalued it would be if college were free for everyone and treated as a basic human right...... oh wait sorry not trying to get political in the RF

Using the knee as a "shock" technique will backfire and overshadow the message they are trying to convey. That has always been PETA's problem, too political. I love animals. More than humans in most cases, but I also eat animals(not pork but chicken, beef, fish etc). I have nothing against hunting either, as long as you harvest and eat what you kill. Those a-holes that trophy hunt in Africa need to be gored. That's my 2 centavos.
2e1ljEa.gif

It took a while but finally have a positive like to post ratio. I couldnā€™t have done it without each and every one of you, I am truly grateful. Next up 10k!!!!
View attachment 257857

I will now spend the balance of my afternoon unliking any of your posts that I have like because lulz.

You can't even -gift- people sums of money (legally) without taxation man.
up to 14k you can.
There is the Annual Exclusion of $15k per year
There is also the Lifetime Exemption of $11M

If you max out your annual exclusion, you can still continue to give ā€œtax freeā€... it just starts hitting your lifetime exemption on the first $11M of your estate.

Reactions: RikidyBones
Imagine how much more devalued it would be if college were free for everyone and treated as a basic human right...... oh wait sorry not trying to get political in the RF
Exactly.

Make college free for everyone?

Degrees wonā€™t be worth the paper theyā€™re printed on.

Wrong. Educate YOURSELF.
He's right. You're not. Wildlife in Africa is either valueless or detrimental to the people in Africa. With highly regulated and expensive hunting, it give wildlife value and they manage populations to continue to generate tourism and income for their area. They can pay anti-poachers and wildlife managers to protect reserves. Without that demand, wildlife directly competes with livestock and cropland.

Maybe the people who participate are a-holes, but the system is inherently good. Where the system isn't in place wildlife struggles. Countries that have outlawed hunting or are in civil war have struggling wildlife, because there's 0 incentive to protect and manage them. Also, no, wildlife picture tours don't generate enough to keep a non-hunting system going without additional funds from governments.

Iā€™ve been there and seen it, so I have. Stop showing your ignorance of the subject.

You literally have the biggest wildlife conservation hero ever in your avatar and youā€™re talking out of your ass.
The most amazing irony of this discussion. I have his biography in my lap waiting for this plane to take off.

Using the knee as a "shock" technique will backfire and overshadow the message they are trying to convey. That has always been PETA's problem, too political. I love animals. More than humans in most cases, but I also eat animals(not pork but chicken, beef, fish etc). I have nothing against hunting either, as long as you harvest and eat what you kill. Those a-holes that trophy hunt in Africa need to be gored. That's my 2 centavos.
"I'm going to eat this entire elephant. What of it?"

"Tastes like chicken..."

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLSONLY
This is a fallacious argument, Hank.

These kids arenā€™t at ā€œa jobā€. They are at school.
Yet you are claiming that they are ā€œgetting paidā€ for something they have signed a multi year contract to do.

Other students get scholarships and grants and are allowed to earn whatever money they want.... we literally had a walk on on roster who owns a multi million dollar landscaping company out of Georgia. Just Bc you are on an athletic scholarship shouldnā€™t take that opportunity away from you.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Exactly.

Make college free for everyone?

Degrees wonā€™t be worth the paper theyā€™re printed on.
Yup, grad school will become college and there will be an even higher form of education after that..... hell eventually maybe we can just go to school as a career and not even have jobs wouldn't that be NEAT...... I mean a basic human right!!!!

Name one HS player who is ready for the NFL, I'll wait......
Edit: My b didn't read full post
Clowney.. he couldā€™ve played in the NfL immediatley. Eric berry, trey smith, Trevor Lawrence, cam newton couldā€™ve, thereā€™s actually a lot out there.

I donā€™t see the harm in being able to enter yourself in the draft after high school and at Any point In college... if you donā€™t get drafted, then you can come back or sign with a college.

Iā€™ve been there and seen it, so I have. Stop showing your ignorance of the subject.

You literally have the biggest wildlife conservation hero ever in your avatar and youā€™re talking out of your ass.
He's right. You're not. Wildlife in Africa is either valueless or detrimental to the people in Africa. With highly regulated and expensive hunting, it give wildlife value and they manage populations to continue to generate tourism and income for their area. They can pay anti-poachers and wildlife managers to protect reserves. Without that demand, wildlife directly competes with livestock and cropland.

Maybe the people who participate are a-holes, but the system is inherently good. Where the system isn't in place wildlife struggles. Countries that have outlawed hunting or are in civil war have struggling wildlife, because there's 0 incentive to protect and manage them. Also, no, wildlife picture tours don't generate enough to keep a non-hunting system going without additional funds from governments.

Those that participate are HUGE A Holes and you guys act like they run perfect conservartory systems in third world countries. All that money that rich dicks pay to kill majestic creatures goes right into protecting preserves? LOL. And I'm the ignorant one. Cool.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
I didn't say it should be free. It shouldn't. I do think there's way too much emphasis by employers making it a requirement to get most jobs though. And that trade school is way undervalued by many employers too.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back