Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are severely overvaluing a bachelors degree. It’s becoming less and less valuable the more people that get them. A lot of trade school programs are making more money and becoming more valuable now. So this whole thing Of acting like the Provided opportunity they are given to pursue a degree is this million dollar opportunity is just silly to me.

Idk what your career field is but would you be ok if your boss gave you a new contract for the next five years where you’re not being paid actual money but instead having all of your “expenses” covered (housing, meals, insurance) but you still have to find a way to pay for car, phone, gas, social life expenses...etc but after 5 years you MIGHT (but unlikely) get a substantial promotion and pay raise to real money.

Also this stipends you speak of, do not go to every athlete, and when they do they are about 2500$ a year.
Nonsense.

The wrong Bachelor degrees are getting less and less valuable.
The RIGHT Bachelor degrees are just as valuable as ever.

I cringe every time I see a player bio during a game and the major listed as: Communications, Sociology, Sports “ “, etc...

Absolutely worthless degrees.

An undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering, or Sciences are still highly valuable.

Well the real issue is the gubment got into the bidness of loaning 18 year olds (who can't legally smoke or drink!) a lifetime of debt to "chase their dreams" so now guess what got inflated? Cost of attending college.

@T Dog pointed it out already, everything else cost more why the worker makes the same. It's insane and most of the politicians are so far removed by this generation of working class they don't see the issue.

If it is being done correctly, it is not being done by the gubment.

And then they will want more..this is bullcrap. If they wanna be pros then go to the XFL and play.
Or why not just let them go pro whenever they want? Why force them to go to college for 3 years. Trevor Lawrence, trey smith, Clowney etc would have been first rounders after their 1st year.

🤦‍♂️ Saying a college education is worthless is about the stupidest Hank take ever. If they don't wanna play for an education and the elite training they get...then let em go to the XFL and suck eggs.
He didn't say worthless. He said less valuable. Which is true. The return on investment for a college education is generally not as good as it was 30 to 40 years ago.

why not pay all athletes minimum wage for whatever hours they are training. they do 32-40 hours per week....40/week is $15K per year. Student athletes represent the University....they bring value to the University.

Should they have to start paying for their room and board? Many other students bring value to their universities through research, being published in journals, or through invention/innovations. However, all of those students have to pay, generally speaking, for their school, books, fees, room, and board. Student athletes get plenty of compensation for their contributions to their universities. If they don't like it then pay their own way to school and then the university can pay them $20k per year to play their sport.

@nicksjuzunk

Nick, do you have any good sodium loading protocols you can steer me towards? I know this is something that lots of elite runners and physique athletes will do before competition. I've got a half marathon this weekend, and I want every edge possible. Let me know if it would be easier to communicate via email. Thanks!
As far as performance benefits for running, that is not my area of expertise. Even with physique athletes it requires several practice runs to see how to perfect it. I’m still working on my own protocol.

I would be wary of anything you haven’t tried before because the chances of it going. Very wrong are probably higher than it being a marginal advantage

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Or why not just let them go pro whenever they want? Why force them to go to college for 3 years. Trevor Lawrence, trey smith, Clowney etc would have been first rounders after their 1st year.
Cool go be a pro then. Let em go XFL if they want. I am a college fan period. If they don't want to stay in school then eff off. I am a Vol because I am a Tennessean...I am a Vol no matter who is on the team, is it that hard for you to comprehend the difference? If kids wanna go pro and bypass the advantages of College...then go the hell on.

He didn't say worthless. He said less valuable. Which is true. The return on investment for a college education is generally not as good as it was 30 to 40 years ago.
Don't care..if they want to pro then let em pro..they have a shiny new vehicle for just such a thing.

The "average" unlimited phone plan is about $100 or so for one line. That's $1200 a year, the stipend can easily cover than AND the roughly $75 or so a month you pay for car insurance.

On scholarship athletes honestly don't have any "bills" to speak of other than a few luxury ones... there's been a vocal few that have made it out to be like "living in a 3rd world country" but they don't wtf they are talking about honestly, US privilege and all. Going to bed hungry...listen if you ate 2 or 3 meals THAT SAME DAY you ain't going to bed hungry, you don't know what hungry is.

I still see no issues with player's profiting off their own likeness, because ultimately that will require said player to do a bit of side hustle/work themselves. I get both sides of the argument, but I also don't want to see football or men's basketball (small portion of the larger picture) ruin the opportunity for other student athletes to use their talents to help offset the cost of attending college.

It's not the fault of the university that a lot of these athletes don't take advantage of the main benefit of them being on scholarship, you're getting basically 24/7 free tutoring and no cost to take courses. If you take the same bogus course 15 times and leave UNC after a junior with next to no credits towards a degree that's on you ultimately. Plenty of great college athletes have earned amazing degrees and never played a down in professional sports.
Ain't nobody gonna give you insurance on that Charger for $75, brah.

Ladies and Gentlemen (I use that term loosely)

I present to you, the worst Super Bowl commercial ever made. Enjoy.

This comment 😂

Using the knee as a "shock" technique will backfire and overshadow the message they are trying to convey. That has always been PETA's problem, too political. I love animals. More than humans in most cases, but I also eat animals(not pork but chicken, beef, fish etc). I have nothing against hunting either, as long as you harvest and eat what you kill. Those a-holes that trophy hunt in Africa need to be gored. That's my 2 centavos.

Don't care..if they want to pro then let em pro..they have a shiny new vehicle for just such a thing.
I made no comment about paying players. Just that his point about the declining value of a college education was accurate. Which is something I care about. And I would think you would too if it wasn't presented in an argument about paying players.

Using the knee as a "shock" technique will backfire and overshadow the message they are trying to convey. That has always been PETA's problem, too political. I love animals. More than humans in most cases, but I also eat animals(not pork but chicken, beef, fish etc). I have nothing against hunting either, as long as you harvest and eat what you kill. Those a-holes that trophy hunt in Africa need to be gored. That's my 2 centavos.
The “A holes” in Africa hunting there are the reason there are still animals to hunt in Africa. Educate yourself before saying stuff like that.

Hunters money in Africa has kept poachers from wiping out entire herds.

$25,000 a year? lol that's ludacris

Dude, you are so wrong.

This is Ludacris:

MV5BMjEwMTU3MDkzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzc2NjM5MQ@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Ive seen enough.

Not going to get political but, reading between the lines...ive Lived in Wyoming, hugged the trees, kissed the puppies, got the tshirt..:still wear it...says 'Yellowstone Staff'.

My grandfather was a Preacher in USMC in WW2, fought in Okinawa, Iwo Jima, and Phillipines.

That is the dumbest bull **** ive ever seen.

Name one HS player who is ready for the NFL, I'll wait......
Edit: My b didn't read full post

Reactions: HankHill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back