Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the statement, it said they want to allow SAs to have the same ability to earn money as any other student. Other students don't have caps on income, so if they really want that - I'd say no.

Now, they also said they want to keep intact the separation of amateurism/professionalism. This smells like having limitations imo.
Yeah, I can see it getting out of hand quickly with boosters. They will let it get really bad then step in with all kinds of crazy regulations that will punish teams for infractions.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Very unlikely, would be a slippery slope that the NCAA -shouldn't- get involved in.

The most likely, control point the NCAA can enforce is capping yearly earnings for scholarship eligibility. Since you can define that pretty much equally across the board for every sport/state.
That sounds reasonable.

In the statement, it said they want to allow SAs to have the same ability to earn money as any other student. Other students don't have caps on income, so if they really want that - I'd say no.

Now, they also said they want to keep intact the separation of amateurism/professionalism. This smells like having limitations imo.
First week - college athletes strike and demand money for their appearance on televised games 😅

This has been discussed publicly and feels like obvious probable outcome. And no need to even funnel. Notice, it's no longer against the rules. It's legal, so just do it. Without limits, private payments could now just be made public. Doesn't change much I guess.
This is why I wondered if NCAA would try to regulate. If a small business event has only $500 in revenue, yet an athlete received $2000 to endorse the event .. seems like it would be a red flag for obvious cheating using the "endorsement" clause to pay for play. If there are no limits, then it will be a free-for-all to find which school's boosters can pay their players the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back