Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you rather him have thrown an INT or taken a 10-yard sack? Those were the other 2 options on that play.

Frankly, JG played the best game of his career Saturday. If he played like that all season, we're 5-3 right now, and have the possibility of going to a major bowl game.

But he didn’t win those games and he played one good game all year and he had two games last year where he played lights out and then we went down the crapper.

JG isn’t and won’t ever be the answer.

Yeah, I just don't bother with Knox News and other sites.

It's a news site...and unfortunately they don't have the kind of control with internet ads as ya do with print...so no way am I trusting a website that has nearly 100 ads blocked to deliver safe content for news reporting.

honestly, probably the best streaming service there for awhile. Great interface, great channel packages and add-on options. Not sure why they never put more into marketing it.
I was always confused why it was branded PlayStation. I bet it confused a lot of people. Should have named it something else.

Hey don’t lump me in on the Chaney hate with Hank. He’s on his own there. Lol.
Sorry...you're right..I got you mixed up with somebody else..maybe Gooch or Devo...not sure. I just remember getting into a debate over the quality of JCs as a co-ordinator with Hank and a couple of other guys when he was hired.

My feelings are now just like they were then...those guys slob on Mehlan and Malzahn, etcetera etcetera etcetera, and call them "geniuses"..but I think Jim Chaney is the most versatile in the business...which to me makes him more valuable.

Don’t see how they can.

They already limit any income a player makes. THe earnings has to be deemed a “fair” rate and that needs to be the case here.

Pilot shouldn’t be able to make Trey smith their spokesperson for a commercial for 1mil.

Although that seems like a good place to start to get him to come back lol

Would you rather him have thrown an INT or taken a 10-yard sack? Those were the other 2 options on that play.

Frankly, JG played the best game of his career Saturday. If he played like that all season, we're 5-3 right now, and have the possibility of going to a major bowl game.
He's only really played well when there's another QB pushing him for PT. I think it makes him relax a little... less pressure knowing that if you can't get it done, someone else will.

Yeah, I just don't bother with Knox News and other sites.

It's a news site...and unfortunately they don't have the kind of control with internet ads as ya do with print...so no way am I trusting a website that has nearly 100 ads blocked to deliver safe content for news reporting.
They could have fired head-in-the-John Addumbs a generation ago. There's that.

Reactions: Brillovol
They already limit any income a player makes. THe earnings has to be deemed a “fair” rate and that needs to be the case here.

Pilot shouldn’t be able to make Trey smith their spokesperson for a commercial for 1mil.

Although that seems like a good place to start to get him to come back lol
Can’t put the Genie back in the bottle. It’s why they fought ANY AND ALL compensation for so long. To the effect of smacking Steve Alford for participating in a CHARITY benefit calendar.

Claiming a College Student as a Dependent | H&R Block

Since scholarships don't count towards the 1/2 support right now, most parents would lose any ability to claim them as dependents if the student athlete exceeded 1/2 the (other) support cost not covered by their sport scholarship.

From the linked website:

On second thought, I forget why this is even a discussion. The kid's income is their own and they'd file separately if they make enough. Wouldn't exclude the parents from anything afaik.

But scholarships, as mentioned, yes are not includable for the nontaxable portions. That is strictly defined though. Tuition, fees, books required. Not for room and board, meals, stipend, etc that a UT type football player would be receiving.

Last edited:
The way I decide who to root against most in the UGA vs UF game .. is who would it hurt most to lose. If UF loses, their fanbase will still be good with the improvement UF has shown this year. I wouldn't expect a UF loss to hurt their recruiting at all. On the other hand .. if UGA loses .. their fanbase will go ballistic. FAHR Kirby chants will start and I definitely think it would hurt UGA's recruiting. So I am pulling for UGA to lose big.

I decided this many years back when I heard a former UT Assistant Coach talk about how important the state of Georgia is to the Vols in recruiting. A bad UGA is the best thing that can happen to us in recruiting.

So no one talking about crime, homelessness, lack of desalinization plants, disease, plague, politicians and the wealthiest with walled estates and crews toting guns, and failed and overwhelmed schools in California today? This is not a political remark. It's a comment on today's big sports news. Looks like it worked. In an ostrich sort of way.

Did you really trust jg to throw ball. He throws picks there like there no tomorrow

JG actually has the lowest INT rate in UT history at 1.78%.

Certainly he has been lucky that some of his passes weren't intercepted because his hesitation too often allows DBs to close on the receiver, but still, he doesn't throw INTs very often as a rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back