Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're losing some battles just not to us.

FSU came in the state last year and went toe to toe with them.

Auburn was beating them head to head for prospects too.

Bama can be beat on and off the field.

Yeah the only recruit UA lost to FSU last year was Winston and only because the ACC rule and MLB. If the SEC did not have the rule they do he would have been at UA.

The only other battle UA really went head to head for was A Taylor who we happened to flip to UA after he was already committed to FSU.

I do hate they got Casher though but as mentioned most thought he would not qualify but yet UA pushed for B Hill knowing the same.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm thinking Music City Bowl again. Maybe against Miami. I can hope at least!

The good news is that the players seem to have the right attitude about the rest of the season and making a bowl game. Last year's team would have laid down and died after the Bama game (or probably sooner).

That Rivals article this morning on the players support for Dooley was encouraging. They want to play hard: for him, for the team, for the fans. And the way they played on Saturday after everyone predicted they'd mail it in shows they mean it.

I'm actually pretty confident we go 4-0 the rest of the way. I have complete faith in the O-Line and Bray is going to torch all of these guy's secondaries. And nobody on our schedule can stop Patterson out of the backfield on a consistent basis. We should run up 45-50 points in each of these games. Even with our awful defense, that should be enough to win.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah the only recruit UA lost to FSU last year was Winston and only because the ACC rule and MLB. If the SEC did not have the rule they do he would have been at UA.

The only other battle UA really went head to head for was A Taylor who we happened to flip to UA after he was already committed to FSU.

I do hate they got Casher though but as mentioned most thought he would not qualify but yet UA pushed for B Hill knowing the same.

Hate to say it, but UA will be in Miami this year playing for it all again. UA is a much better destination for a college football player then UT, and until Saban leaves that will not change. Truth huurts, but it's still the truth.

FSU came in and beat Bama for one recruit last year and that was Winston. They passed on Shanks. Casher grades were so bad they were surprised he even qualified. AU beat Bama for 3 prospects last year. Bama beat AU for over half of their class.

They can be beat on and off the field just like anyone else but lets not pretend like they were truly challenged instate regarding recruiting.

The guy sounds like he's mailing it in to Bama for recruits. Bama lost out on Clowney and Nhemdiche(think that's his last name lol). They didn't pull Dee Liner. Foster got away from them(don't care what happened in his recruiting). To just lay down for Bama is ridiculous. Dooley saying they draft while we recruit pissed me off maybe more than anything he's ever said. You don't ever say anything like that as the head coach.

And RM20 you and I both know Bama runs this state even when they are down the media caters to Bama. I'm saying Bama doesn't just run the recruiting game though. FSU brought in the best class last year if you ask me. That D-line class is one of the best I've ever seen. On the level of the current Florida junior D-line class. And they redshirted them at that. Which is even crazier.

Also on Casher not getting in, hell you guys got Eddie Lacy in you can get anybody in.

Hate to say it, but UA will be in Miami this year playing for it all again. UA is a much better destination for a college football player then UT, and until Saban leaves that will not change. Truth huurts, but it's still the truth.

So you don't think a program in the country can prepare players as well or better than Saban? You don't think we can hire a coach that can go toe to toe with Bama?

I am still baffled as to why Cody Blanc hasnt gotten a look at Safety.

He's Clearly dipped on the WR depth chart with Pig back healthy and Jacob Carter getting Reps.

Cody Blanc's size & Speed is Needed in the back half of that defense

Reactions: 2 people

He's Clearly dipped on the WR depth chart with Pig back healthy and Jacob Carter getting Reps.

Because............We don't suppose to know anything about putting athletes at their best positions. That nonsense of playing B.Moore even though he's playing terrible is crazy. I liked Blanc at safety myself. We were short on safety talent in the spring but coaches do what they want with guys.

Because............We don't suppose to know anything about putting athletes at their best positions. That nonsense of playing B.Moore even though he's playing terrible is crazy. I liked Blanc at safety myself. We were short on safety talent in the spring but coaches do what they want with guys.

I always really like Blanc's measurables at safety. He would really be able to cover a lot of space and is a big guy. I never felt like he would make much noise at WR.

I just want to see Bonner and Gray at corner. I want speed and somebody who has a little bit of confidence(Another word for swagger).

I always really like Blanc's measurables at safety. He would really be able to cover a lot of space and is a big guy. I never felt like he would make much noise at WR.

I got dogged for saying this earlier this year. People were saying he's going to have 80-90 yards first game. Told me not to argue with the coaches decisions. This kid would have the defense down and would be able to help at the least by now. If BMoore can play safety I think Blanc could do no worse. I'm for starting all freshmen and Coleman in the secondary with how bad things are back there. Doesn't make any difference from what see.

So you don't think a program in the country can prepare players as well or better than Saban? You don't think we can hire a coach that can go toe to toe with Bama?

I hate Alabama but out of sheer respect it has to be recognized that Saban has a dynasty going. Few coaches have done what he has been putting together throughout his career and in such a short time.

I hate Alabama but out of sheer respect it has to be recognized that Saban has a dynasty going. Few coaches have done what he has been putting together throughout his career and in such a short time.

What about Urban Meyer? Pete Carrol wasn't a bad coach either. Muschamp is building a good program. Georgia has the same caliber of athletes. Spurrier at Florida was more feared than Saban ever. Jimbo Fisher and crew are recruiting at a "dynasty" level. Chip Kelly is an elite level coach IMO. Everybody bowing down to Saban as a Vol fan should be ashamed. I respect him as a coach but people thinking that squad can't be stopped is crazy. His LSU teams were just as loaded and Fulmer waged war on him when our program was up. And he had 3 NFL level WRs and Jamarcus Russell was throwing them the ball. Much better offense than the one Bama has right now.

What about Urban Meyer? Pete Carrol wasn't a bad coach either. Muschamp is building a good program. Georgia has the same caliber of athletes. Spurrier at Florida was more feared than Saban ever. Jimbo Fisher and crew are recruiting at a "dynasty" level. Chip Kelly is an elite level coach IMO. Everybody bowing down to Saban as a Vol fan should be ashamed. I respect him as a coach but people thinking that squad can't be stopped is crazy. His LSU teams were just as loaded and Fulmer waged war on him when our program was up. And he had 3 NFL level WRs and Jamarcus Russell was throwing them the ball. Much better offense than the one Bama has right now.

Saban is not a super hero and he can be stopped. I don't think this team 2012 bama team is as talented as his other NC teams. They don't have 1 superstar Housman candidate. They are just solid in every realm of the game and maybe mediocre at kicking. In terms of Saban as a coach, if he can win his 4th NC in 9 years in the BCS era then I'd call it something very special. It all starts with recruiting and ends with coaching. There is a reason FLst can't get it done even though they are top 5 in recruiting every year. I'm sounding like I'm getting a huge boner to Saban, but it's just respect.

Mizzou game is at 12:21 on the SEC Network.

You mean the Mizzou thrashing? :)

I've been listening to these players interviews from today, and they sound great. I'm really glad to hear it. I think some of the fans and much of the media almost want to hear that the players are packing it in and quitting. But that's not what I'm hearing from these guys at all.

I feel very good about the last 4 games. I'm sure some of them will be closer than I'd like, but I think we win.

Go and watch some of the video of him attempting to tackle and you will know why.

Saban is not a super hero and he can be stopped. I don't think this team 2012 bama team is as talented as his other NC teams. They don't have 1 superstar Housman candidate. They are just solid in every realm of the game and maybe mediocre at kicking. In terms of Saban as a coach, if he can win his 4th NC in 9 years in the BCS era then I'd call it something very special. It all starts with recruiting and ends with coaching. There is a reason FLst can't get it done even though they are top 5 in recruiting every year. I'm sounding like I'm getting a huge boner to Saban, but it's just respect.

What about Florida? Muschamp isn't doing a bad job at all. And we'll see what the Bama team does versus a good LSU defense this week.

What I don't get is all these people begging for him to leave for the Browns job. I want him to be at Bama when we get a real head coach and start up our win streak against them again.

If I were Dooley and was coming back to UT next year, I would look into hiring someone who has worked under Dom Capers, a former UT assistant coach under Majors, to be my new DC. Capers is the guru of the 3-4 defense in the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley said they turned in several plays from the South Carolina game to the league office for review including the Connor Shaw stepping out at the end and then the Willie Bohannon horse-collar call were among them.
-Brice

Hubbs also mentioned that Neal practiced today and is listed as the starter.

Reactions: 4 people
On PW moving to Safety:

I talked to Waggner a few minutes ago. He admitted his confidence is a bit shaken. He didn't play well on Saturday with alot of mental bust. He's staying at cornerback according to the depth chart just handed out.
-Hubbs

Bama fans always have a "reason" as to why some prospects they target end up at other schools. You are not going to win every battle. Yes, every school loses a battle from time to time. It happens, get over it and stop with all the excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back