Recruiting Football Talk VII

UNC lost to GT (14-18 record), Clempson (21-10) and Syracuse, (they lost by 36 to Syracuse). We beat Syracuse by 17.

UNC is 25-6
We are 24-7, in a tougher conference.

UNC beat us at their place. That's really the only thing better, they've done. ACC is down, so I don't get why they are a #1 seed and we ain't.

The talking heads' discussion had been Arizona #1 over TN, now it's UNC should be ahead of TN. 🤷

The goal posts get moved a lot when the VOLS are involved..... in anything.
Oh yeah..it is absolutely prejudice and corruption...but if we beat MSU and/or A&M and/or had not lost that schlockfest to SCjr at home..then we are not having this problem.

We should have never played that UNC game there after just getting back from that brutal tourney...that was stupid scheduling.

Either way...I love this team, they play hard and can beat anybody, but we are not a dominant team, right now we have 1 legitimate big time scoring threat.

If Santi had not fallen off so precipitously in his shooting this year, and if Gainey was consistently better..then I think we would be a truly dominant team and it would be extremely hard for anybody to beat us.

I cry a little while I cut my own hair in the shower with rusty clippers because hair cuts for everyone else in the house are a minimum of $75 each.
$75?...that is your fault for being a sucker...I told my girls that crap wasn't happening except for special occasions.

As evidenced by the #2, #1, #2 recruiting classes and the playoff appearance in his last season?
As in not winning a championship for 3 straight years.
Having to go from competing with 3 or 4 teams every year for a championship to 15 + because of NIL and the portal.
So he tucked tail and ran just like he did from the NFL. Because he didn’t have an advantage of getting more talent than the rest of the league.
He’s a hypocrite that fits perfectly amongst all the politicians

As in not winning a championship for 3 straight years.
Having to go from competing with 3 or 4 teams every year for a championship to 15 + because of NIL and the portal.
So he tucked tail and ran just like he did from the NFL. Because he didn’t have an advantage of getting more talent than the rest of the league.
He’s a hypocrite that fits perfectly amongst all the politicians
Yeah NIL is a factor, but I think it's just been because most of his opponents have gotten their crap together and they aren't scared.

Most importantly WE got our stuff together and immediately beat them in year 2 of finally getting a competent coach. Lucky for him we wandered in the wilderness for so long. For most of his tenure, it was a Les Miles' run game and defense that challenged him. He only dealt with two years of Urban Meyers Florida team being relevant. Everyone else was wildly inconsistent and scared.

He would not have dominated so much if the most of the traditional SEC powers weren't falling all over themselves.

Anyone have a schedule for Spring football practice?
Seems like that should be starting up pretty soon?

(Now Back to the bologna and haircut discussion)

Reactions: bigorange
Did anyone else know this?

I was nerding out late last night, looking at how many wins we had from 1926-1952, the Neyland era and we had 209 wins in that time.

I looked at Alabama to see if they matched that total. Nope. Michigan? Notre Dame? USC? Nope!

Most winningest program in that time frame.

Then I just did 1920 through the 1960...we came out on top once again! Edging out Notre Dame 292 wins to 290!

For an entire 41 season stretch, nobody won more than the Vols.

That’s what I went through in school. I quit playing sports in 8th grade to work towards getting a car. Only way that I could get one was to save the money myself. Once I bought a car, I had to work to keep it. I have some good work memories, but no way in hades do they compare to the sports memories that I could have had.
If I could have a do over, I would have stayed in sports without the car.

I know, not the same. But NBA is a job for these guys. Not the same as the college experience.
I quit football before my freshman year for much the same reasons. One of my biggest regrets.

VN Store

Back