Recruiting Football Talk VII

My bucket list has at the top of it to see my Vols play in person at a Final Four. I have had money for this purpose stashed away for a long time (and it’s gotten a little moldy).
I know this might be my last chance to see it happen, since I’m also a little moldy.
So I don’t care which region we are sent to. Just win four games and get me to Phoenix, baby! And I’ll be there screaming 😱 my lungs out!

And I bet they are just so happy with you.
Didn't care..now my wife is a different story, she gets whatever she wants...😏

I don't do spoiled rotten entitled brats...and all my kids are grown, successful and love me for how I raised them right..so yeah, still don't care.

BaseVols went 17-1 in pre-conference play, winning by an average score of around 11-3.
Is That Good Smile GIF - Is That Good Smile Happy - Discover & Share GIFs

The issue is if you live in a given teams footprint (meaning the cable rights in that area) you will get blacked out). Just be sure to check on the sign up for Braves games at the Braves MLB website. For example, I live in TN and I can't watch Braves or Reds games on the app. Each team has different protected territories. I am a Pirates fan, so I can see all of their games except when they play Braves or Reds.
It is also funny how they track what you watch

I live in Denver, so I get that the Rockies are blocked as they have a contract with Altitude Sports which is cable only

Grew up in Connecticut (yes, that is why CT is in my name) as a Mets fan. Pitty me for that

But my point is that they started blocking me from Mets games last year saying I was ghosting my real location because I watched so many Mets games

Honestly prob saved me from watching a bunch of Mets losses. But it was BS

$75?...that is your fault for being a sucker...I told my girls that crap wasn't happening except for special occasions.
I will have been married for 20 years in exactly 1 week. One of my secrets is that I don't ask her how much things like her hair or nails cost. Ladies require more maintenance than dudes, and that is just my lot with all these women I have been blessed with.

I live in Denver, so I get that the Rockies are blocked as they have a contract with Altitude Sports which is cable only

Grew up in Connecticut (yes, that is why CT is in my name) as a Mets fan. Pitty me for that

But my point is that they started blocking me from Mets games last year saying I was ghosting my real location because I watched so many Mets games

I love Colorado so much..I don't think I could handle the winters there though.

Did anyone else know this?

I was nerding out late last night, looking at how many wins we had from 1926-1952, the Neyland era and we had 209 wins in that time.

I looked at Alabama to see if they matched that total. Nope. Michigan? Notre Dame? USC? Nope!

Most winningest program in that time frame.

Then I just did 1920 through the 1960...we came out on top once again! Edging out Notre Dame 292 wins to 290!

For an entire 41 season stretch, nobody won more than the Vols.
Lol
I was told.. it can’t be done here

I will have been married for 20 years in exactly 1 week. One of my secrets is that I don't ask her how much things like her hair or nails cost. Ladies require more maintenance than dudes, and that is just my lot with all these women I have been blessed with.
Oh..I agree about the wife...but I wasn't spending that on the girls unless there was a really good reason.

I love Colorado so much..I don't think I could handle the winters there though.
McGill

I have lived in Denver since 2012

It is actually a high prairie desert. We do have one week per year that is brutal. Back in January it was minus 13

And tomorrow it is supposed to snow 16 inches. Why I have a flight tonight to a Mexico beach town. Lobster street tacos, tequila in a beachside bar, string bikini clad sinoritas that do not speak English. My kind of town

But for the most part, Denver is remarkably temperate. Not too hot in the summer; not too cold in the winter

McGill

It is actually a high prairie desert. We do have one week per year that is brutal. Back in January it was minus 13

And tomorrow it is supposed to snow 16 inches. Why I have a flight tonight to a Mexico beach town

But for the most part, Denver is remarkably temperate. Not too hot in the summer; not too cold in the winter
I can't imagine what it must be like living in Denver...... Much less in sin!

Reactions: bigorange

Where at in Ct? Went to hs there. Went to CU Boulder after love that area.

I can't imagine what it must be like living in Denver...... Much less in sin!
I do not understand your question

Denver is a vibrant, mid-sized city of 6 million with a vigorously growing economy. Amazing food options because of its diverse culture. Less than an hour from 6 of the best ski resorts in the world. 30 minutes drive from some of the best hiking ever. Liberal attitude, but close enough to the real conservatives in the rural parts if that is your bag

McGill

And tomorrow it is supposed to snow 16 inches. Why I have a flight tonight to a Mexico beach town. Lobster street tacos, tequila in a beachside bar, string bikini clad sinoritas that do not speak English. My kind of town

I lived in Boulder for 6 years and my experience was different. The winters were brutally cold and snowy. But they would be interspersed with really nice days so it was more tolerable.

Reactions: ReadCT

VN Store

Back