Recruiting Football Talk VII

I see that sources continue to indicate that Saban’s meddling is causing real problems with Alabama’s new staff. Apparently the long-time announcer was fired after he was caught in the middle in an argument between Saban and Deboer during a staff meeting and took Saban’s side. Things are getting really heated in Tuscaloosa!
LOL at the radio guy being at staff meetings and participating in arguments with coaches. These rumors are ridiculous.

Walked out of my house to leave for work this morning and there was a Rottweiler loose in my neighborhood. Tried to get it to come to me but it took off. Rots and Pitties are two breeds that should be handled carefully. People are rightfully fearful of them because of how powerful they are. However, all dogs are capable of acting on instinct. Dog ownership is a huge responsibility.

Very sorry to hear what happened to your wife and dog @butchna. My wife walks our dog in our neighborhood all the time and some people just let their dogs run loose because "they are friendly". You never know how two dogs will react to one another though. Be good dog owners and keep control of your dogs.

Last edited:
Walked out of my house to leave for work this morning and there was a Rottweiler loose in my neighborhood. Tried to get it to come to me but it took off. Rots and Pitties are two breeds that should be handled carefully. People are rightfully fearful of the. Because of how powerful they are. However, all dogs are capable of acting on instinct. Dog ownership is a huge responsibility.

Very sorry to hear what happened to your wife and dog @butchna. My wife walks our dog in our neighborhood all the time and some people just let their dogs run loose because "they are friendly". You never know how two dogs will react to one another though. Be good dog owners and keep control of your dogs.
Last summer my dogs were in our fenced in backyard, a 6'+ wooden privacy fence. They were barking like crazy. I checked on them and they were playing with a dog that somehow got in. It was a neighbor's malinois that had gotten out, but I thought it was a german shepard at first. Idk how it got in, other than just scaling over the fence. Luckily my dogs didn't eat it or vice versa.

I didnt realize how athletic those dogs are. I watched some videos of them after the fact, to see how it could've gotten in. Those dogs climb and jump like crazy. A few videos showed them easily climbing and jumping up 8-12' trees.

If it’s a pit…give it a bullet…in most cases like that when a dog taste blood it’s better to just put it down…similar situation happened like this in our family involving two German shepherds that we kept downstairs to keep from getting to our little yorkie upstairs…stairwell door was cracked just enough for them to push themselves through one day when we were out shopping..we came back to our home and what we walked into is something you see in the movies..the yorkie was torn into completely separated,blood was everywhere throughout the house it was just a awful mess..kids were crying I was throwing up and after I came to my senses I had rage and the two German shepherds fueled that rage when I noticed two dogs I had never seen before…the look they had in their eyes still haunts me to this day.like a switch had flipped..I made the kids stay outside and I called animal control and they put them both down…very scary feeling
I have a huge (120) Great Dane/Pit mix that is the biggest pansy, he is terrified of a 1.5 pound miniature Yorkie that lives next door. He is very well trained (my family has had hunting dogs since America was an infant) and I think that is the difference. Just as with people it is culture and upbringing not breed. Any dog left to their own devices will be bullet worthy.

Walked out of my house to leave for work this morning and there was a Rottweiler loose in my neighborhood. Tried to get it to come to me but it took off. Rots and Pitties are two breeds that should be handled carefully. People are rightfully fearful of the. Because of how powerful they are. However, all dogs are capable of acting on instinct. Dog ownership is a huge responsibility.

I owned a Pit for a short time when i was younger but that is a breed that i can’t believe anyone is willing to own… I knew an elderly woman that had raised two pits…. She started her mower… it scared them and they pulled her off the mower and ate the woman’s face. I, also, knew a dog trainer that was working with other dogs when his Pit got out and charged trying to protect his owner from the other dog but instead bit through his owners arm. It was completely severed…. Count me out when it comes to that breed of Dog.

If you had a worker that says he'll work every day it doesnt rain, even the weekends, but wants off every day that it rains or snows (in the area where you work). . . would you take the deal?
What if it starts raining while he's at work? Or what if he goes by the forecast and the forecast is wrong? Does he/she have a deathly fear of precipitation? Did they ever spend time in a Turkish prison?

LOL at the radio guy being at staff meetings and participating in arguments with coaches. These rumors are ridiculous.
Well, admittedly - it was supposed to be a ridiculous rumor 😃. I was just running with the stories swirling about Saban and Deboer and staff leaving; and then the Eli Gold announcer firing story hit at the same time.

I say we run with it though, and see if it gets some legs…

There is also, more importantly, an epidemic of idiot people who are TERRIBLE at raising dogs.

I actually believe it should be mandatory for people to at least watch the dog whisperer. So many peoples dogs are violent or just super f'n annoying because they get zero discipline.

Like you go to someone's house and the dogs are jumping all over you the whole damn time, like you can't even sit down without them all up in your face and the owners just kinda sit there and let it happen.

Went over to a friend's house once and their dog was furious with my presence because they had conditioned her to go into mama bear mode at the sight of a stranger. It bit me and their dumba** owner picked her up and starting LOVING on her. Um HELLO!? You are affirming it's violent behavior you f'n fool. Way to reward your mutt for biting an innocent stranger!

Gotta be the pack leader if you want dogs!
You are exactly right. Too many dog owners view them as people who think rationally. Hate to break it to them, their dogs don't love them, they either are the leader and run their owner or respect and are run by the owner.
If the hierarchy is wrong your asking for trouble or at least massive irritation.
I have owners of irritating/aggressive dogs regularly tell me he/she doesn't jump on you/ bark incessantly at you. I tell them I have taken their respect and put myself higher in the pecking order than them.
I have had many dog owners get upset when their jumpy or barking fool gets a smack and growl or is backed down and told to be quiet in a gruff manner. That's how dogs treat each other and it is their language. Just like anyone else, you have to speak their language.

VN Store

Back