Recruiting Football Talk VII

I see that sources continue to indicate that Saban’s meddling is causing real problems with Alabama’s new staff. Apparently the long-time announcer was fired after he was caught in the middle in an argument between Saban and Deboer during a staff meeting and took Saban’s side. Things are getting really heated in Tuscaloosa!
What sources? Not picking at you, I would just like to go read what they are saying.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire

I’m of the camp that loves Barnes and wants him here until he retires. But I’ll also criticize Barnes for his lack of postseason success and the inconsistency that tends to plague his teams. Nothing wrong with that, as that comes with the territory of being the head coach.

And if some fans are calling for him to be fired, well those are most likely the same fans who want Hepeul on the hot seat after going 9-4. So do we really trust and listen to their mindset?

Happy Monday wish it were Friday

February 26, 2024: Examine yourself and be honest about your fleshly endeavors that undermine your spiritual purity. These are things that keep you from intimate relationship with Me, says the Lord. They keep you from exhibiting the power of the Spirit and keep you bound. It is My desire to set you free to be who you really are without self-recrimination. John 8:32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

The NCAA has finally figured it out, no more chips, soft drinks or bottled water to be sent to recruits or their parents hotel room during recruiting. This has been the glaring advantage to many teams. Them chips and water and soft drinks are a incredible advantage. And yes this should be in blue font. The timing of this is so ncaa. GBO!
So some school with influence at the NCAA felt that another school received an advantage from giving some type of food in hotel room during recruiting visit. They therefore pushed the NCAA to make a new rule. The NCAA will tell you that ALL these rules were voted on by its members. My guess is that a small group empowered by members made this decision. These are silly and petty rules. Our members are allowing other members to try to punish thru the NCAA.

I really find it hard to believe that they believe they can get an NCAA only exemption to a federal law😡
I would think that even if congress granted them this exemption, the supreme court would eventually rule it illegal. No congressman is going to vote for this. Especially in an election year.

I always wanted to see what he could do at RB , he was electric with the ball in his hands
One of the dumbest coaching moves during one of the dumber coaching periods in Vol history. On par with making MarsalisTeague a CB. I still feel sorry for both today.

Both were naturals as offensive players. They were not reactive as defensive players must be. Both naturally sought to avoid contact and had to be taught how to initiate it. Both were gifted with the ball in their hands. Evan was very good at RB. Teague was developing well as a slot before they stuck him on D.

View attachment 623085
Don’t you dare lump me in with the FF rabble simply because I haven’t succumbed to the AI overlords.
images

Nope. No way, shape, or form of bandwagon fans are allowed.

Brand the bammers with their big red A. Either worn, tattooed, or actually branded.

Those of us who suffered through the dark times will never again suffer from the fools who spat upon our Vols when we were down. 😡
The bandwagoner Bammers can't be stopped (now don't get me wrong, true Alabama fans do exist, simply ask "who was the coach was before Saban" to root out the bandwagoners).
After next year you'll be able to buy all the Bammer gear you want at the Goodwill. And after they drop off their bags they can pop in to Walmart and stock up on Vol or Dawg gear.
Bammers are prolly gonna unload a lot of Kentucky Basketball gear this spring as well, if you need painting clothes or grease rags.

Last edited:
Theirs aren't full grown yet, so not as big as those.....yet.

$700 is insane cheap! I think theirs were maybe $2500 each and they said that was cheap. Um...... my house will not be getting one.
Other than adoption fees from a stray shelter (usually is for the medical stuff), I will never pay for an animal. There’s too many animals that need adoption to go buy one.
Huge fan of adoption.
3 cats and 3 dogs currently (found or adopted)

Unfortunately, my dogs found 2 dead little skunks in our backyard and I am getting the skunk oil off as we speak. 🤢

Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and Dawn dishwashing detergent will completely remove the skunk oil FYI. 🙃

This bs line Charlie Baker is trying to run is asinine.

Edit: Sorry I took down my remarks and just replaced them with this article.

My favorite part:
IMG_4152.jpeg

This bs line Charlie Baker is trying to run is asinine.

Edit: Sorry I took down my remarks and just replaced them with this article.
Nothing in reality will change. The big boys will eat first at the table and most everyone else will fight over the scraps and crumbs. Nobody going out of business.
In football like presidential politics it takes money lots of money.
There will be haves and have nots. It's about economics and priorities. My brother-in-law was complaining that his life was harder because I made more than he did. I said you chose to party at the quarry, I chose Differential Equations and Quantum Physics.
It is impossible to make fans pull for a team and that's where the money comes from.
Bottom line: To make money make money 1) stay in school (in a marketable discipline), 2) get a skill, or 3) create a fanbase.
Actually Vandy makes a lot of money being on welfare, but the exception does not make the rule.

VN Store

Back