Recruiting Football Talk VII

Significantly worse away from home. Been like that for a while now under Barnes

the SEC will likely come down to bama and whoever wins the Scar v Aub game. Carolina has been a huge surprise this year
You would think a guy with 40 years of experience could get some respect.

And again as pre season favorites, pretty bad. Honestly, and im not trolling when I say this, I truly wonder if we even finish top 4 with 5 losses.

He “abandoned our state” (your words, not mine) because he wasn’t a fan of Jackson’s Indian removal acts, not because of our state. I still hate Texas, though. f*** em!

"You can go to hell, I'm going to Texas." Crockett left Tennessee in 1835 after his term was up. Indian Removal was passed in 1830. Crockett had won his 1833 reelection and served out that term happily and ran for reelection yet again so it's not as though he left after IR in protest (he ran for reelection after it was passed and ran again after that term). He didn't address his speech to Jackson but rather to Tennessee. Crockett had had many issues with Jackson over the years not just IR. And I'd be on his side if that was his reason for leaving but it wasn't. Crockett lost the 1835 election and left. As much as I'd love for IR to be the reason, it just wasn't.

However, regardless of his reason that quote is going to be used by Texas every time he comes up.

Ironically, Jackson and the volunteers he led to victory in the War of 1812 at the Battle of New Orleans is one of the main reasons why we were dubbed the Volunteer State and by extension why we are called Vols. That volunteers kept heeding the call solidified our status as the Volunteer State and Vols. And don't forget that we were a psuedo military college older than our state. Those who heeded the call for Volunteers were a part of our student body.

Last edited:
Unless we just go into some kind of death spiral, which I don't see happening, we're probably looking at a two seed in the tournament. I doubt we get a one. Hopefully we don't fall to a three. If we play to what we're capable of in the tournament, it should be a deep run. Final Four is a definite possibility. But so is going out the first weekend. We lack consistency. CRB needs to find that in this team.

"You can go to hell, I'm going to Texas." Crockett left Tennessee in 1835 after his term was up. Indian Removal was passed in 1830. Crockett had won his 1833 reelection and served out that term happily and ran for reelection yet again so it's not as though he left after IR in protest (he ran for reelection after it was passed and ran again after that term). He didn't address his speech to Jackson but rather to Tennessee. Crockett had had many issues with Jackson over the years not just IR. And I'd be on his side if that was his reason for leaving but it wasn't. Crockett lost the 1835 election and left. As much as I'd love for IR to be the reason, it just wasn't.

However, regardless of his reason that quote is going to be used by Texas every time he comes up.

Ironically, Jackson and the volunteers he led to victory in the War of 1812 at the Battle of New Orleans is one of the main reasons why we were dubbed the Volunteer State and by extension why we are called Vols. That volunteers kept heeding the call solidified our status as the Volunteer State and Vols. And don't forget that we were a psuedo military college older than our state. Those who heeded the call for Volunteers were a part of our student body.

By god!

1707641457994.gif

Last night and SCar are the reasons I could care less about the SEC schedule results other than winning enough games to get in the Dance. Nothing else matters IMO. Win at the highest level - THE tournament.

We will rebound and figure it out. I expect 2-3 more losses. Get to the Dance and get hot. When that starts they have more time to game plan and prepare. They have a deep bench if CRB decides to actually use it down the stretch and give some guys some rest while helping the young guns.

JMO - if CRB and staff handle things as they have in the past, history says Sweet Sixteen and done. Vescovi and JJJ simply cannot disappear on O like they have done all season at times. Aidoo has to man up. Barnes should be experimenting more with Awaka and Aidoo playing together.

I know most may disagree but this team misses Uros Plasvic. He was the physicality in the middle and gave the team their identity of quote " mudding it up" .

He wasn't much of a offensive threat but teams wouldn't bully us inside if he was still on team.
they rely on dk waay too much

I know most may disagree but this team misses Uros Plasvic. He was the physicality in the middle and gave the team their identity of quote " mudding it up" .

He wasn't much of an offensive threat but teams wouldn't bully us inside if he was still on team.
Wrong. This team needed to score the ball not “muddy” it up. We are at our best when we are clicking and scoring. See Michigan St, Wisconsin, Illinois, Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, Kentucky, etc. If we play like that 6 games in a row in late March then we are cutting down the nets no matter who we face.

The identity of muddying up a game had run its course.

He wasn't much of a offensive threat but teams wouldn't bully us inside if he was still on team.
We just ran into a team that really wanted the game at there house and they shot the ball probably better than they had all year. It happens it's basketball. This is why it's so hard to win the Big Dance. We just got to hope we're just as hot as the team we play when it really matters.

I kind of saw last night's game coming.

After Ky loses yesterday I went to the Ky game thread on X. They were melting down. Most wanting Cal fired immediately! It was funny to see but unfortunately there were several Vol fans openly mocking them about 3 home losses in a row.

I thought to myself, probably not a good idea to be doing so when we have a game coming up against a good team on their home floor.

Sadly I was correct..

I kind of saw last night's game coming.

After Ky loses yesterday I went to the Ky game thread on X. They were melting down. Most wanting Cal fired immediately! It was funny to see but unfortunately there were several Vol fans openly mocking them about 3 home losses in a row.

I thought to myself, probably not a good idea to be doing so when we have a game coming up against a good team on their home floor.

Sadly I was correct..
Well, we did play on the road, and our last 3 home losses have been in the last 3 SEASONS. We have the bragging rights on them right now.

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back