Recruiting Football Talk VII

Bama’s defense is terrible we might put up 100, we’ll beat A&M this was an anomaly for them and it’ll be at home. That leaves auburn Scar and UK. Think we lose to Auburn but like that it’s at home, think we split Scar and UK. Think it’s more likely that we slip up vs Candy or Ark than lose 4 of the last 5
I know he didnt list it, but it starts Wed at Arky..... they arent good, but Bud Walton has been a house of horrors for us...... then you say youre not worried about Bama, but I can definitely see a screw job there with the refs. Auburn worries me because of Broome, hes the type of guy that can bully Aidoo all night long. Lastly, UK is going to come into TBA needing a big win, if you think we get a fair shake in that one then I have some ocean front property in the Colorado to sell you.

There's nothing to go back to. It's still around but the Rifleman was never a primary logo. It's always been an extra one and still is. But we need to get away from the Crockett association anyway. He is not why we're Vols and the people of that era didn't dress that way. I do think the Rifleman is a cool secondary but I'm not a fan of Davy, especially since he abandoned our state and gave us an "I hate you" speech on the way out. Give Texas a few years in the conference and you'll agree.
🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
I think we can be elite 8 but do not think we can win 4 in a row and that’s what it takes to be final 4. We will lay a stinker if we play a physical team with a big that gives us trouble and we can’t hit 3’s. Very real possibility that will happen against good teams once in a four game stretch. We will have to grind and win a game like tonight’s or USC when everything start wise screams a loss. Gonna have to get lucky to get to a final 4. Hope it happens

I'll say it now. TAMU gonna get rolled in Knoxville.

Oh, and I'll keep beating this drum. Didn't watch game. Was JJJ once again lacking in aggression? Those numbers are just not good enough.
Yes. And just like all season Vescovi gave us nothing and Aidoo had an off night. We got little offensive output from the bench. But that could be because Barnes fails to give them significant minutes.

Seems like the only ones who really played aggressive were DK, ZZ and Mayshack.

Reactions: screenthis
I think we can be elite 8 but do not think we can win 4 in a row and that’s what it takes to be final 4. We will lay a stinker if we play a physical team with a big that gives us trouble and we can’t hit 3’s. Very real possibility that will happen against good teams once in a four game stretch. We will have to grind and win a game like tonight’s or USC when everything start wise screams a loss. Gonna have to get lucky to get to a final 4. Hope it happens
The thing is, probably 75% of the teams that make the Final Four got there in part because of luck somewhere in that 4 game stretch. Luck is baked into it.

Being really freaking good reduces the amount of lucky you have to be. We are really freaking good. I think UConn and Purdue are a step above everyone else. But UNC, Vols, AZ, Houston, Kansas all have bigger weaknesses that can be exploited for an upset. We have to get lucky when we need luck and we have to keep the "need luck" moments to a minimum.

AM coach is a clown
One of my good friends is one of his closest friends and I’ll see him at times on ESPN when he visits. We had a text convo tonight where I asked what the heck is he doing? He said he tried to call it from the bench. I was like but he’s at mid court with players running by. You can’t do that. And you can’t. But he is not a clown. He out coached Rick tonight up down and all around and had his team ready to play.

Old Dave Hart went to him and offered the job to him right after he went to VT and he wanted this job and has friends here. But leaving a school less than a month after getting there was too mercenary even for a college coach. Tonight was ridiculous on the timeout but he can X and O and motivate. Stupid move but not a clown.

Reactions: Volunteer821
I love this team...but it is not a dominant team...that being said we have about as good a chance as anybody this year because there really is no dominant team.

We could win it all, or get sent packing if we have an off night.

I hate Pat Adams....do the dumbasses here really believe it is a coincidence we ALWAYS look like 💩 all over the floor when it is his crew?...I just can't believe it is a coincidence.

Yes. And just like all season Vescovi gave us nothing and Aidoo had an off night. We got little offensive output from the bench. But that could be because Barnes fails to give them significant minutes.

Seems like the only ones who really played aggressive were DK, ZZ and Mayshack.
I just don't get it. How does JJJ go from having the game he had in Rupp to almost no production?

Reactions: knoxvol52
There's nothing to go back to. It's still around but the Rifleman was never a primary logo. It's always been an extra one and still is. But we need to get away from the Crockett association anyway. He is not why we're Vols and the people of that era didn't dress that way. I do think the Rifleman is a cool secondary but I'm not a fan of Davy, especially since he abandoned our state and gave us an "I hate you" speech on the way out. Give Texas a few years in the conference and you'll agree.
He “abandoned our state” (your words, not mine) because he wasn’t a fan of Jackson’s Indian removal acts, not because of our state. I still hate Texas, though. f*** em!

Reactions: SoilVol
The thing is, probably 75% of the teams that make the Final Four got there in part because of luck somewhere in that 4 game stretch. Luck is baked into it.

Being really freaking good reduces the amount of lucky you have to be. We are really freaking good. I think UConn and Purdue are a step above everyone else. But UNC, Vols, AZ, Houston, Kansas all have bigger weaknesses that can be exploited for an upset. We have to get lucky when we need luck and we have to keep the "need luck" moments to a minimum.
No

I know he didnt list it, but it starts Wed at Arky..... they arent good, but Bud Walton has been a house of horrors for us...... then you say youre not worried about Bama, but I can definitely see a screw job there with the refs. Auburn worries me because of Broome, hes the type of guy that can bully Aidoo all night long. Lastly, UK is going to come into TBA needing a big win, if you think we get a fair shake in that one then I have some ocean front property in the Colorado to sell you.
Bama is similar to Kentucky. Great offense bad defense. Their defense isn’t even ranked top 70 I believe. I think it’s likely we lose to Aub and UK just not the others. Arky worries me more than some of the 5 he mentioned

Bama is similar to Kentucky. Great offense bad defense. Their defense isn’t even ranked top 70 I believe. I think it’s likely we lose to Aub and UK just not the others. Arky worries me more than some of the 5 he mentioned
I just dont see a fair whistle in Tuscaloosa.

But on the other hand........5 losses after being pre season favorites is pretty bad.

For people who like to look at numbers, someone should examine the late point spread movement in our games when when it soon after turns out that Pat Adams is reffing our game. So many times I've seen people here notice the sudden downtrend and accurately predict that means we get Adams. Then comes the SEC public announcement and it's Adams. I wonder if that holds up under analysis or is just a strange history of spot-on quirky guesses.

Last edited:
I just dont see a fair whistle in Tuscaloosa.

But on the other hand........5 losses after being pre season favorites is pretty bad.
Significantly worse away from home. Been like that for a while now under Barnes

the SEC will likely come down to bama and whoever wins the Scar v Aub game. Carolina has been a huge surprise this year

VN Store

Back