Recruiting Football Talk VII

Oh, lighten up a bit. You didn’t know what was said any more than the other person.

Confirmation bias? Me?

But I actually did not say only one side was at fault. I simply said no one should be saying they knew who was at fault if you don’t know what actually happened.
I do know what happened and what was said. I know State didn't make any racial slurs towards Tennessee (Tony confirmed) and I know Tony was jawing at the State dugout (Tony confirmed).

What Tony said was irrelevant to my point, which was that, as the adult, he shouldn't have said anything. That goes for any coach.

I also understand why he did though. And that falls on State's staff for not controlling his guys. Which is what the ump was running over to get a handle of. Both parties erred to contribute to the situation and you're trying to call me out only because I gave the slightest criticism to Vitello while also criticizing State/Lemonis. 🤦🏼‍♂️

And you're also apparently criticizing me for speaking out against a heinous false accusation by a random Vol fan to our opponents. Which is something after all the false accusations our guys and TV have endured the past few years.

Not to bring the excitement down, but if y'all could keep my family in your prayers I would appreciate it. Our beloved dog crossed the rainbow bridge a short time ago. She was a great dog.
So sorry to hear this. They truly only let you down once in their life........ And only because they can't give their all forever.

I recently had to go with my mom to help her long time companion cross the rainbow bridge. And in doing so it brought a flood of emotion, both for her Jakey and all the animals I've lost over the years. Crying is good......grief is good.........because it is the counter of joy..... And one doesn't exist without the other! I tear up as I write this .........

I can only say that I hope the grief leaves you with only cherished memories. My best friends have always been animals! Prayers sent to all of you!

So sorry to hear this. They truly only let you down once in their life........ And only because they can't give their all forever.

I recently had to go with my mom to help her long time companion cross the rainbow bridge. And in doing so it brought a flood of emotion, both for her Jakey and all the animals I've lost over the years. Crying is good......grief is good.........because it is the counter of joy..... And one doesn't exist without the other! I tear up as I write this .........

I can only say that I hope the grief leaves you with only cherished memories. My best friends have always been animals! Prayers sent to all of you!
Thank you so much. I'm sorry for your loss as well. As I always say, this is the worst part of having them. They make your life whole because no one will love you more than your pet.

I do know what happened and what was said. I know State didn't make any racial slurs towards Tennessee (Tony confirmed) and I know Tony was jawing at the State dugout (Tony confirmed).

What Tony said was irrelevant to my point, which was that, as the adult, he shouldn't have said anything. That goes for any coach.

I also understand why he did though. And that falls on State's staff for not controlling his guys. Which is what the ump was running over to get a handle of. Both parties erred to contribute to the situation and you're trying to call me out only because I gave the slightest criticism to Vitello while also criticizing State/Lemonis. 🤦🏼‍♂️

And you're also apparently criticizing me for speaking out against a heinous false accusation by a random Vol fan to our opponents. Which is something after all the false accusations our guys and TV have endured the past few years.
I really was not being that serious. I was not calling you out. I simply asked if you were not doing the same thing you were accusing the other guy of doing. And you only knew after Tony confirmed. (Although he didn’t say what was said other than they were calling his name. Doubt they were chanting Tony.) Anyway, I really didn’t care that much and didn’t think you did either.

Right, because that's totally what just happened.

Mississippi is racist af. There's also a lot of really good, not racist people there. And there's also a less than 1% chance a racial slur was yelled by a white kid from the State dugout.
why do you say that? less than 1%

Coulda been anyone.

Wtf Soda? What racial slur theory did I start???

You can clearly see Tony chirping at the State dugout. And not in the direction of the coaches but the players. We all love his fiery demeanor but save it for the umps and opposing coaches.

Yes, Tony is the head coach. Tony should be the adult. Why is that a problem statement? Do you think he should act like he's a 21 year old in the dugout?

Since when is admitting both groups made mistakes that escalated the altercation in the heat of the moment a problem? If you think only one side is at fault (and that side is the opponent) you're suffering from confirmation bias. Everything settled down and nobody got in trouble so it's all fine. Everyone can chill. Let's not call our opponents racists with zero evidence. And that accusation pales in comparison to me giving Tony the tiniest bit of accountability and responsibility for very clearly talking to the dugout.

Edit: Btw, Tony's postgame statement he says the State dugout was calling his name so he started chirping back to them. So, no racial slurs. And yes, he was in fact jawing back to the players.
Sounds like state should have a little respect for opposing coaches. Nothing racial.

VN Store

Back