Recruiting Football Talk VII

putting the pieces together, State dugout was chirping, as they would. They just tied the game and got our star pitcher sent to the dugout. They're amped. Their coach probably should've kept his guys in check and stopped that.

Tony didn't like it, as he shouldn't, and addressed it with the ump. We know the ump was going over to the State dugout to give them a warning when this all happened.

Tony started jawing back at the State dugout. Probably shouldn't have. He should be the adult, but he's also a fiery guy and that's why we love him.

The State coach (I think it was the assistant not Lemonis) took issue with that and that's why he charged out there. As he should, an opposing coach shouldn't be talking to another player.

I think CMo just saw the State players jumping the wall and was ready to tussle about it and defend his boys. I don't think he saw the coach. Burke wanted everyone to chill. Cal Stark went chest to chest with the State coach. And Tony just casually stayed behind and yelled at the other coach.

Two passionate groups of guys not backing down and playing on the edge. At some level you got to love that. I'm glad it didn't escalate beyond that and I also see why both teams got fired up.

Yeesh.

And what was the tweet about Miss St fans? Was it during this same outburst or separate?

putting the pieces together, State dugout was chirping, as they would. They just tied the game and got our star pitcher sent to the dugout. They're amped. Their coach probably should've kept his guys in check and stopped that.

Tony didn't like it, as he shouldn't, and addressed it with the ump. We know the ump was going over to the State dugout to give them a warning when this all happened.

Tony started jawing back at the State dugout. Probably shouldn't have. He should be the adult, but he's also a fiery guy and that's why we love him.

The State coach (I think it was the assistant not Lemonis) took issue with that and that's why he charged out there. As he should, an opposing coach shouldn't be talking to another player.

I think CMo just saw the State players jumping the wall and was ready to tussle about it and defend his boys. I don't think he saw the coach. Burke wanted everyone to chill. Cal Stark went chest to chest with the State coach. And Tony just casually stayed behind and yelled at the other coach.

Two passionate groups of guys not backing down and playing on the edge. At some level you got to love that. I'm glad it didn't escalate beyond that and I also see why both teams got fired up.
Tony should be the adult?

Aren’t you the one that said people shouldn’t run with the racial slur theory? Then you start one about Tony?

Awesome.

*I wish Barnes was about 15-20 yrs younger. I'm going to miss him when he retires. He's the best basketball coach we've had since I've been alive, by a lot.
What is nuts to me is that he seems to be thriving in this new world..he is evolving and getting better..that just doesn't happen with guys his age.

Tony should be the adult?

Aren’t you the one that said people shouldn’t run with the racial slur theory? Then you start one about Tony?
Wtf Soda? What racial slur theory did I start???

You can clearly see Tony chirping at the State dugout. And not in the direction of the coaches but the players. We all love his fiery demeanor but save it for the umps and opposing coaches.

Yes, Tony is the head coach. Tony should be the adult. Why is that a problem statement? Do you think he should act like he's a 21 year old in the dugout?

Since when is admitting both groups made mistakes that escalated the altercation in the heat of the moment a problem? If you think only one side is at fault (and that side is the opponent) you're suffering from confirmation bias. Everything settled down and nobody got in trouble so it's all fine. Everyone can chill. Let's not call our opponents racists with zero evidence. And that accusation pales in comparison to me giving Tony the tiniest bit of accountability and responsibility for very clearly talking to the dugout.

Edit: Btw, Tony's postgame statement he says the State dugout was calling his name so he started chirping back to them. So, no racial slurs. And yes, he was in fact jawing back to the players.

Last edited:
If there's one thing I know, it's that there's no way people from Mississippi would ever say anything racist.
Right, because that's totally what just happened.

Mississippi is racist af. There's also a lot of really good, not racist people there. And there's also a less than 1% chance a racial slur was yelled by a white kid from the State dugout.

Wtf Soda? What racial slur theory did I start???

You can clearly see Tony chirping at the State dugout. And not in the direction of the coaches but the players. We all love his fiery demeanor but save it for the umps and opposing coaches.

Yes, Tony is the head coach. Tony should be the adult. Why is that a problem statement? Do you think he should act like he's a 21 year old in the dugout?

Since when is admitting both groups made mistakes that escalated the altercation in the heat of the moment a problem? If you think only one side is at fault (and that side is the opponent) you're suffering from confirmation bias. Everything settled down and nobody got in trouble so it's all fine. Everyone can chill. Let's not call our opponents racists with zero evidence. And that accusation pales in comparison to me giving Tony the tiniest bit of accountability and responsibility for very clearly talking to the dugout.

Edit: Btw, Tony's postgame statement he says the State dugout was calling his name so he started chirping back to them. So, no racial slurs. And yes, he was in fact jawing back to the players.
Oh, lighten up a bit. You didn’t know what was said any more than the other person.

Confirmation bias? Me?

But I actually did not say only one side was at fault. I simply said no one should be saying they knew who was at fault if you don’t know what actually happened.

VN Store

Back