Recruiting Football Talk VII

Anyone ever listen to the Off the Hook sports hosted by Dave Hooker?

If so, thoughts?

I’ve listened to a few segments as they occasionally populate my YouTube feed and I’m jonesing for a Vols fix while doing yard work or driving.

They seem kind of off a bit? In one I listened to his cohost said Peyton Lewis will be RB1 this year. In another he said while vol fans may no like it, Pruitt was the best talent evaluator Tennessee has ever had.

Guy thought jahmyr Gibbs was a CB and wanted nothing to do with Ladd McConkey but yeah best ever.

They have a video posted with the moronic title “Is 2024 a make or break year for Huepel.”

Eye roll.

Are these anomolies or should I just avoid listening to them?
Dude is thrash

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Congratulations to the Atlanta Hawks for winning draft lottery yesterday and getting #1 pick in next months NBA draft.

Trae Young needs to be traded BTW.

Thinking about a vacation to the UP in Michigan and would like to get some suggestions on places to visit. One part of the country I’ve never been to and would like to plan a trip there sometime. What’s the best time to go for fall foliage?
Answer:

A: Fall
B: Go ask your neighbor, who speaks out of their nose anyway.
C: Steelhead

👆🏻Correct, the correct answer is Steelhead is the best time to visit Michigan. What can best be described as fighting a chunk of flying meat on end of your line.

Thinking about a vacation to the UP in Michigan and would like to get some suggestions on places to visit. One part of the country I’ve never been to and would like to plan a trip there sometime. What’s the best time to go for fall foliage?
Visit Mackinac Island while you're up there. Stay in Mackinaw City and take the ferry over for a day of biking, tours, shopping, etc on the island. We actually stayed on the island for a week a few years ago. If you like, catch a fishing trip on Huron for lake trout and such out of St. Ignace or Mackinaw City. Good time.

We didn't spend a ton of time on the UP, but St Ignace is a cool little town. We took Hwy2 west along the south side of the UP and went to Brevort. We had friends with a cabin over there. There's a couple places on the north and south side with huge sand dunes and beaches that are pretty cool. You can also go up to the Soo Locks in Sault Ste Marie and watch the huge iron ore ships go through. I've seen them in Duluth and they're pretty darn cool.

There's a bunch of state parks and national forests and such on the UP and random towns. You could ferry out to Isle Royale National Park on Superior. Cool areas to kayak/canoe. Fishing. Etc. Idk when the leaves turn up there but historically "the skies of November turn gloomy." I wouldn't want to be up there much past September unless I was hunting lol

Visit Mackinac Island while you're up there. Stay in Mackinaw City and take the ferry over for a day of biking, tours, shopping, etc on the island. We actually stayed on the island for a week a few years ago. If you like, catch a fishing trip on Huron for lake trout and such out of St. Ignace or Mackinaw City. Good time.

We didn't spend a ton of time on the UP, but St Ignace is a cool little town. We took Hwy2 west along the south side of the UP and went to Brevort. We had friends with a cabin over there. There's a couple places on the north and south side with huge sand dunes and beaches that are pretty cool. You can also go up to the Soo Locks in Sault Ste Marie and watch the huge iron ore ships go through. I've seen them in Duluth and they're pretty darn cool.

There's a bunch of state parks and national forests and such on the UP and random towns. You could ferry out to Isle Royale National Park on Superior. Cool areas to kayak/canoe. Fishing. Etc. Idk when the leaves turn up there but historically "the skies of November turn gloomy." I wouldn't want to be up there much past September unless I was hunting lol
There is a chain of islands, is a kayak destination. There is natural current, and the 'river' lake flows gently. Rocky outcrops would give defilade from weather relater to storms.

Saw a picture of a mayfly hatch once on Lake Michigan. The entire boat was full of spent flies.

There is a chain of islands, is a kayak destination. There is natural current, and the 'river' lake flows gently. Rocky outcrops would give defilade from weather relater to storms.

Saw a picture of a mayfly hatch once on Lake Michigan. The entire boat was full of spent flies.
We enjoy kayaking so will definitely check into this. Appreciate the info!

I know their leaves change earlier than ours, but ain’t no way I’m gonna be on the UP in Nov😳😂. The ferry to Isle Royale sound interesting and will check into that. Appreciate all the info!!

We enjoy kayaking so will definitely check into this. Appreciate the info!
This is from Pure Meatchiggen website

Answer:

A: Fall
B: Go ask your neighbor, who speaks out of their nose anyway.
C: Steelhead

👆🏻Correct, the correct answer is Steelhead is the best time to visit Michigan. What can best be described as fighting a chunk of flying meat on end of your line.
Might be a different species, but as a teenager many moons back, while my father in the USAF was stationed in Fairbanks, AK we would fish for rainbow trout in Quartz Lake. In the info you attached, it identifies Steelhead as Rainbow trout as well. Don’t remember them being exceptionally strong fighters, but that could be because I never caught anything very large. Lots of memories made on that lake.

Might be a different species, but as a teenager many moons back, while my father in the USAF was stationed in Fairbanks, AK we would fish for rainbow trout in Quartz Lake. In the info you attached, it identifies Steelhead as Rainbow trout as well. Don’t remember them being exceptionally strong fighters, but that could be because I never caught anything very large. Lots of memories made on that lake.
I think fish get their color in freshwater. Could be wrong, term 'steelhead' is probably referring to a migratory fish - salt to fresh.

Also, Native Rainbows - in Western Half of US tend to be hardier than their Eastern brethren. In my experience... trout here in TN for example, are 'wild', and fight harder.

Meatchicken also has Salmon.

Anyway, i'm sure @SoilVol can fill in any gaps in my theory. Have fun.

Seems like Walmart Trout versus Trout that farm for their food. Eastern trout wear pajama pants and slippers to market.

Reactions: Big151Orange

VN Store

Back