Recruiting Football Talk VII

Anyone ever listen to the Off the Hook sports hosted by Dave Hooker?

If so, thoughts?

I’ve listened to a few segments as they occasionally populate my YouTube feed and I’m jonesing for a Vols fix while doing yard work or driving.

They seem kind of off a bit? In one I listened to his cohost said Peyton Lewis will be RB1 this year. In another he said while vol fans may no like it, Pruitt was the best talent evaluator Tennessee has ever had.

Guy thought jahmyr Gibbs was a CB and wanted nothing to do with Ladd McConkey but yeah best ever.

They have a video posted with the moronic title “Is 2024 a make or break year for Huepel.”

Eye roll.

Are these anomolies or should I just avoid listening to them?
The Sunday show with Fred White is the only segment they have that was worth listening to, in my opinion. Otherwise every time I’ve ever tried to listen to them they’re always pretty negative and have takes that are off like you said.

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
Anyone ever listen to the Off the Hook sports hosted by Dave Hooker?

If so, thoughts?

I’ve listened to a few segments as they occasionally populate my YouTube feed and I’m jonesing for a Vols fix while doing yard work or driving.

They seem kind of off a bit? In one I listened to his cohost said Peyton Lewis will be RB1 this year. In another he said while vol fans may no like it, Pruitt was the best talent evaluator Tennessee has ever had.

Guy thought jahmyr Gibbs was a CB and wanted nothing to do with Ladd McConkey but yeah best ever.

They have a video posted with the moronic title “Is 2024 a make or break year for Huepel.”

Eye roll.

Are these anomolies or should I just avoid listening to them?
I had to avoid listening to them. I tried a few times and I just couldn't stomach it.

There is a program called Opportunity Vanderbilt that gave out full ride need-based scholarships to all students. Somehow, kids who got on this scholarship at Vandy, if they happened to play baseball, did not count against the baseball scholarship numbers.
Nebraska had something similar back in the 80’s-90’s(may still) the state would pay part/full tuition for in state kids to attend state schools. So walk-ons could still be on “scholarship“ NCAA hated it but they never tried to do anything about it.

Kinda surprised that is a known rule and still happens at the collegiate level. . . kinda like throwing a forward pass after crossing the line of scrimmage.
I’d say more akin to dropping the ball before you cross the goalline. Just a lack of awareness that costs your team points.

VN Store

Back