Recruiting Football Talk VII

barbershop. Made sure to set Mrs. Glitch's alarm for an hour earlier than usual so she could get started earlier and get to enjoy a little Mother's Day while the sun is still up.

I am so thoughtful.

My mow my mom's lawn every weekend. But on Mother's day weekend I give her a $10.00 discount. I hope she appreciates it.

Okay, so I started watching the game Friday at the beginning of the 7th inning.
Saturday, I was able to start watching the game in the 5th inning.

I guess my hatred of all things vandy was the missing ingredient for the Vols to rally and win.

Just kidding. Most likely a coincidence.

Or is it?

Somewhere, Coach Cafego has a big smile on his face. 😇

Tennessee men's tennis got the #7 overall seed in the NCAA tournament (they only seed 16, the remaining 16 arent ranked). They've made the Elite 8 and will play #2 Texas on May 16th at 5pmET.

Tennessee women's tennis earned the #16 seed and upset national #1 Oklahoma State in the Sweet 16 to advance to the Elite 8 against #8 UCLA on May 17th at 7:30pmET
Oh, I just found out...

Oklahoma State was undefeated!

And he essentially raised pruitt. In retrospect, it is rather obvious. 😡
Speaking of dubious payments, what happened to all the legal experts who preached how much cheaper it would have been to pay Pruitt off and hope the NCAA doesn’t bother to go after us? Then they doubled down saying we’d pay twice as much after he sued UT and aired all the dirty laundry. They were still legally practicing after declaring Schiano would get paid his full contract a few years earlier. Never even bothered with the pious “hope I’m wrong” bolsch. 😏

With a runner on first the hitter hits a homerun. . . the hitter is faster than the guy on first. Can he pass him and score before the player on 1st makes it home?

What if it's not a homerun? . . runners on 2nd 3rd, hitter hits a double. Can the 2nd base player pass the guy on 3rd if they're both running for home? Pretty sure it's a no, but just curious if that's ever happened.

Desperately trying to stay relevant in the only sport that they have had success in recently…not since 1920s football was vandy ever relevant in any sport to a significant degree. Looks like we’re shutting down their baseball just like we shut down their football. 🤠

Thankfully for vandy, they still have bowling to fall back on. 😂
Vandy’s new “sport”:

IMG_1171.gif

With a runner on first the hitter hits a homerun. . . the hitter is faster than the guy on first. Can he pass him and score before the player on 1st makes it home?

What if it's not a homerun? . . runners on 2nd 3rd, hitter hits a double. Can the 2nd base player pass the guy on 3rd if they're both running for home? Pretty sure it's a no, but just curious if that's ever happened.
It happened in the last two weeks in an SEC game. If you pass the runner ahead of you, you are out.

I think this recently happened in a high school postseason game. It was a walkoff homerun, and the guy on first was watching it while the hitter rounded first. I think the guy on first was anticipating having to tag up of it got caught at the wall.

I'm pretty sure the guy who passes is out when this happens and the run doesn't score but I could be wrong. In the high school game they ended up having to keep playing.

What was his recruiting advantage he was abusing? I don’t know.
There is a program called Opportunity Vanderbilt that gave out full ride need-based scholarships to all students. Somehow, kids who got on this scholarship at Vandy, if they happened to play baseball, did not count against the baseball scholarship numbers.

He's gonna have nightmares about forgetting his jersey for the rest of his life, 😂. . . kinda like some of you who can't find the class for your final exam or who showed up late and missed the test, 😂
I wonder how many have had that nightmare! (Can’t find classroom) I have and still do sometime and it’s been … a minute or two … since I was in college…

Way of topic this morning, but has anyone else had problems with their golf polos losing thread? I don’t know if it’s happening in the washer/dryer, but I had this Nike and now an Under Amour polo do this.

View attachment 640226
Just take the shirt over to the FF, they'll start a new thread for you.

Anyone ever listen to the Off the Hook sports hosted by Dave Hooker?

If so, thoughts?

I’ve listened to a few segments as they occasionally populate my YouTube feed and I’m jonesing for a Vols fix while doing yard work or driving.

They seem kind of off a bit? In one I listened to his cohost said Peyton Lewis will be RB1 this year. In another he said while vol fans may no like it, Pruitt was the best talent evaluator Tennessee has ever had.

Guy thought jahmyr Gibbs was a CB and wanted nothing to do with Ladd McConkey but yeah best ever.

They have a video posted with the moronic title “Is 2024 a make or break year for Huepel.”

Eye roll.

Are these anomolies or should I just avoid listening to them?

Heavy is the crown

Our track teams still have a ways to go. I think both men's and women's teams finished like 6th or 7th in the conference. Lady Vols lost some points when Jacious Sears tweaked a hamstring in the last 20 m of the 100m. Looked like she would win easily and then also missed the 200m.

VN Store

Back