Recruiting Football Talk VII

What about their music do you find so wonderful? What did they do so different from thousands of other bands at the time? I feel like they were properly promoted and marketed. Other than that they were very similar to so many other bands that came in went as one hit wonders during that time.
Kiss and Foo Fighters the same for me, just generic sounding bands with great marketing.

Music is so subjective. What one person finds horrid and ear assaulting another might find great beauty in. I think the Beatles were very overrated but that is such a minority opinion. I can rarely get anyone to actually tell me why they liked the Beatles so much, which leads me to believe that society tells us we should like the Beatles and therefore many people just like the Beatles. I could do without their music and never feel I was missing anything in my life.
They are the most uplifting band ever. Peace and loving people. There is not a single band that is as positive as they are.

Their sound evolved from simple fun teenage music to thought provoking, boundary pushing masterpieces.

They changed music and they changed the world.

Objectively the greatest band of all time. It wasn't society that tells people to like them. They earned it. Naturally if you're the greatest you'll be labeled overrated right?

Anyone that thinks "they suck" is just biased against them because they just want to be edgy. Especially when you compare their catalog to the history of music, there is absolutely no way they suck. Literally none of the all time great bands from that era actually suck, if you remove bias.

I dont like a lot of country, but I understand how people like it.

Taylor Swift though?

SHE is the most overrated musician of all time and it's not close. That is much easier prove.

Guess your teacher was clueless. A boy band has never progressed music.

They were a manufactured boy band (by a record company via tryouts), sent to America just to rile up our frizzies. Went back to the UK and never did anything after their first album. All their lyrics written for them by actual artists. Their instrumentals were premade and all they did was perform them for the audiences. Band eroded quickly once they were no longer kids. Put out later albums nobody listened to.

Guess your teacher was clueless. A boy band has never progressed music.

They were a manufactured boy band (by a record company via tryouts), sent to America just to rile up our frizzies. Went back to the UK and never did anything after their first album. All their lyrics written for them by actual artists. Their instrumentals were premade and all they did was perform them for the audiences. Band eroded quickly once they were no longer kids. Put out later albums nobody listened to.
Nah, he went through all the progressions they pioneered that others later followed to give us the greats of the 70s. Nobody much listens to classical, but that doesn’t mean they know anything about music. Popularity is never a good test for much of anything especially music. Unless you’re actually a Swifty and didn’t tell us. 😉

VN Store

Back