Recruiting Football Talk VII

Jacob Warren to the Patriots
The Mayo effect is real.

(This feels like when Rick Pitino coached for the Boston Celtics. His draft picks were mostly Kentucky players. I am glad we've got a VFL as a NFL head coach. I really hope it works out for Jerod Mayo and the TN players he drafts.)

GO VOLS

I am afraid to ask but here goes… Who exactly do y’all consider worthy of praise in modern musical recordings?

My music theory teacher in college had us go over how the Beatles helped take music from simple to intricate in a decade what it took classical music hundreds of years to do. If you don’t like their sound that’s fine, but a boy band?

Pink Floyd

Almost think you might not be blue fonting, so just in case

View attachment 637289View attachment 637290View attachment 637291

The beatles were children's music, not close to "decent". Just a British boy band, One Direction and Harry Styles lite.

Calling them decent musicians, with a straight face, is as cringe as hailing N Sync a talented band of boys 😑
😂. Like the Beatles' music or not, they pioneered studio music, engineering and production, as well as band management, multi-cultural music in the mainstream, and band tours. Almost every successful band today bases their strategy from what the Beatles did first.

I am afraid to ask but here goes… Who exactly do y’all consider worthy of praise in modern musical recordings?

My music theory teacher in college had us go over how the Beatles helped take music from simple to intricate in a decade what it took classical music hundreds of years to do. If you don’t like their sound that’s fine, but a boy band?
Guess your teacher was clueless. A boy band has never progressed music.

They were a manufactured boy band (by a record company via tryouts), sent to America just to rile up our frizzies. Went back to the UK and never did anything after their first album. All their lyrics written for them by actual artists. Their instrumentals were premade and all they did was perform them for the audiences. Band eroded quickly once they were no longer kids. Put out later albums nobody listened to.

They were a manufactured boy band (by a record company via tryouts), sent to America just to rile up our frizzies. Went back to the UK and never did anything after their first album. All their lyrics written for them by actual artists. Their instrumentals were premade and all they did was perform them for the audiences. Band eroded quickly once they were no longer kids. Put out later albums nobody listened to.
And they were lip syncers.

Reactions: Glitch and Devo182
People who don't like the Beatles listen to Imagine Dragons while doing yard work
You're clueless. Imagine Dragons writes their own songs, have won MULTIPLE awards, and would run circles around The Behtles. They're among the most influential bands all-time, alongside the likes of Nickelback. Not a boy band like your crush. They make real music!

opinion-throw.gif

You're clueless. Imagine Dragons writes their own songs, have won MULTIPLE awards, and would run circles around The Behtles. They're among the most influential bands all-time, alongside the likes of Nickelback. Not a boy band like your crush. They make real music!
According to people whom I know, and who can play musical instruments (I play the triangle badly). Ringo was a very accurate and sound drummer. We all know Paul was the brains. He and John wrote some of the most (as he did with Wings) influential songs of our lifetimes. The experimentation with Indian and Eastern instruments in later years is still heralded.

I'm not sure, outside of maybe Bob Dylan if there has been a single person in modern era who's had the impact on writing that Paul McCartney has had. For Rock and Roll.

Would also throw out names like Bowie and Chuck Berry. Lennon and Harrison could write a song or two. Tom Petty also.

Now, all that to say.

who the **** is imagine dragons?

troll-train.gif
Gotcha....the Nickleback gave it away. You were doing so well, too.

Guess you know little of music history, braj. You can't explain how they were 4 teenage models that were proven to have zero knowledge of music (by their own parents' accounts in the documentary) and were suddenly recruited by an agent in Orlando, blew up into an English boy band, with straight teeth, how do you explain that?

According to people whom I know, and who can play musical instruments (I play the triangle badly). Ringo was a very accurate and sound drummer. We all know Paul was the brains. He and John wrote some of the most (as he did with Wings) influential songs of our lifetimes. The experimentation with Indian and Eastern instruments in later years is still heralded.

I'm not sure, outside of maybe Bob Dylan if there has been a single person in modern era who's had the impact on writing that Paul McCartney has had. For Rock and Roll.

Would also throw out names like Bowie and Chuck Berry. Lennon and Harrison could write a song or two. Tom Petty also.

Now, all that to say.

who the **** is imagine dragons?
The Band Mark Wahlberg sang with in the movie Rock Star.🤪🤪🤪🤪

VN Store

Back