Recruiting Football Talk VII

You're clueless. Imagine Dragons writes their own songs, have won MULTIPLE awards, and would run circles around The Behtles. They're among the most influential bands all-time, alongside the likes of Nickelback. Not a boy band like your crush. They make real music!

I never thought I would see imagine Dragons, Nickelbaclk and Influential used in the same paragraph 😆

According to people whom I know, and who can play musical instruments (I play the triangle badly). Ringo was a very accurate and sound drummer. We all know Paul was the brains. He and John wrote some of the most (as he did with Wings) influential songs of our lifetimes. The experimentation with Indian and Eastern instruments in later years is still heralded.

I'm not sure, outside of maybe Bob Dylan if there has been a single person in modern era who's had the impact on writing that Paul McCartney has had. For Rock and Roll.

Would also throw out names like Bowie and Chuck Berry. Lennon and Harrison could write a song or two. Tom Petty also.

Now, all that to say.

who the **** is imagine dragons?

I would add Paul Simon too. Incredible writer.

Sure, but even N-Sync doesn't have a 4 part series about them. Jmo but they are the OG boy band and still hold the title over Backstreet, 98 Degrees, etc.

Maybe a generational divide and maybe you're more One Direction. I just don't think The Beatles's accomplishments as a boy band invading the US can be underestimated. They were huge to teenagers at the time, even if we don't respect them now. It's all relative to their time and place.
Their music sucks.

I'm not sure, outside of maybe Bob Dylan if there has been a single person in modern era who's had the impact on writing that Paul McCartney has had. For Rock and Roll.

As an individual, I'd agree he and Timberlake are up there as influential, if nothing else.

But as a band? I'll point to a quote from this musical critique from earlier (though "decent" was far too nice a word):

A group of incredible musicians and song writers, that blossomed into a decent but wildly overrated band.

Reactions: Glitch
I am afraid to ask but here goes… Who exactly do y’all consider worthy of praise in modern musical recordings?

My music theory teacher in college had us go over how the Beatles helped take music from simple to intricate in a decade what it took classical music hundreds of years to do. If you don’t like their sound that’s fine, but a boy band?
Music is so subjective. What one person finds horrid and ear assaulting another might find great beauty in. I think the Beatles were very overrated but that is such a minority opinion. I can rarely get anyone to actually tell me why they liked the Beatles so much, which leads me to believe that society tells us we should like the Beatles and therefore many people just like the Beatles. I could do without their music and never feel I was missing anything in my life.

VN Store

Back