Recruiting Football Talk VII

Does anyone else find it hilarious that Kentucky was publicly turned down twice?
I was thinking about that this morning. Hurley absolutely punked them. Won the title and then told them to keep their $100 million and suck it. That left a mark. Then the Baylor guy. Thanks for breakfast but I can't go there.

Then the off camera guys like that asshat Oats and I don't even recall the other guy, making announcements that they are staying put. Perfect fit for those arrogant litter box dwellers.

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous golfers have to play in that wind while the guys who played in the early morning had great weather yesterday…and their scores reflect that. Not sure why this hasn’t been discussed more in golf

Reactions: DD4ME
As some of you may know I used to run a rescue for farm animals. Due to the economy and unfortunate circumstances we've had to scale back. We still care for many special needs and hospice cases but we just can't take in new cases

I post all that to update you on one of our original goats, the herd queen for many years who presented with cancer about a year and a half ago. We knew her time would come but were so encouraged by her flight and will. She's had an open cancerous wound on her female parts that we've successfully managed for the duration.

She slowed down some over the past 4 months but her spirits were high, she loved her hay and fig newtons and animal crackers. Spent time with her youngest daughter...... But then she started presenting with loose stool. No big deal we just clean her and treat her....... Let her spend it the remainder of her days with her daughter who is due to give birth any day............. Until Monday night she was much weaker. Tuesday afternoon I went to clean her up again and noticed my worst fears.......fly strike. They had invaded her body........ There was only one thing left to do.

We filled her full of her favorite Fig Newton, animal crackers and alfalfa hay that night. And again I'm the morning. Then took her to the vet to release her peacefully.......

I'm posting a picture of her here when we first took over the farm about 6 years ago, she was in her prime as herd queen........ Scratching her belly on something as she often did....... Rest easy Bertha! We called her Big B.......... We will look after your daughter and her babies...... We wish you could have met them!

View attachment 633579
🧡

If they Schiano this, how long before the pious ESPN talking heads implement pious justice? 🤔
200w.gif
Excellent question

We didn't get rid of a HOF coach for her and she's won a natty at the DII level and conference title at the D1 level.

UK can't the same on either account. So much worse all the way around.
They didn't "get rid" of him either. He wasn't fired. He decided that it was worth walking away from a $32M buyout to get away from the ridiculous expectations and verbal abuse. That should be cautionary and instructive for us here, but I doubt the usual suspects are smart enough to figure it out. Makes you wonder why Coach Barnes seriously considered UCLA. Or maybe you shouldn't wonder. Thank goodness DW was willing to do what it took to keep the man, rather than indulge his hubris and go find a "winner".

As for how it applies to us, just pointing out that DW's handling of the LV has risks, but far more potential reward, whereas the path that many here would insist on looks a lot like what KY has done. KY is a "basketball school" with pedigree, and they still fell face first in crap. I'll take DW's approach every time, particularly since he's demonstrated some aptitude at picking winners.

That’s the best part!
Remember when that other team got so outraged about the possibility of hiring our football coach and they put a stop to it and we had to keep that mediocre football coach at our school? We should do that to other schools and make them keep their mediocre basketball coaches.

@chargervol - you’ve been on my mind. Hope you are well, we miss you.
I refuse to give my estranged the satisfaction keeling over 🙂

Seriously, I'm okay. I do hate that I stay so far behind now and can't spend any time online. Trust me, I miss hanging out with you all!

I did want to share some news about my son, though. The socks are what make it official, right?

20240409_101148.jpg

I refuse to give my estranged the satisfaction keeling over 🙂

Seriously, I'm okay. I do hate that I stay so far behind now and can't spend any time online. Trust me, I miss hanging out with you all!

I did want to share some news about my son, though. The socks are what make it official, right?

View attachment 633890
that's awesome. hope you're well!

Does anyone else think Barnes is making room for better players?
I hope he’s making room for guys that can consistently shoot at a high level. We see how that works out every year with the championship teams. They all shoot at a high percentage during the season
National Champions the last 10 seasons and their season ranking FG%
2013-14) UCONN 138th/351
2014-15) Duke 3rd/351
2015-16) Villanova 15th/351
2016-17) UNC 70th/351
2017-18) Villanova 5th/351
2018-19) Virginia 38th/353
2020-21) Baylor 18th/347
2021-22) Kansas 21st/358
2022-23) UConn 68th/363
2023-24) UConn 5th/362
Averages out to about 38th nationally out of 355 or so programs