Recruiting Football Talk VII

Yeah, the 19 Ridgeline uses a traditional 6-speed. Not a CVT. I won’t buy any vehicle with a CVT.

The 6-speed and torque converter are known issues on newer generation pilots and ridgelines from 2016-2019.

Another issue with Honda is their use of VCM (Variable cylinder management) on the engines. It wears out the entire drivetrain faster, and I bought a VCM disabler because it was horrible.
No CVT was one of the reasons I went with a Mazda. Love it, no regerts.

It's so wild after arguably the best year Tennessee basketball has ever had and with a team that by all accounts seemed to be really together now that the season is over the remaining players are bailing as fast as possible. The highs and lows of the transfer portal for every Dalton Knecht success story you get stories like Aidoo and Awaka that just are head scratchers.

I was all about Aidoo during SEC play, but what he did in the Elite 8 was sickening. His team needed him to play like a 6'11" starting, SEC center and he let a freshman have his minutes. It was right there for him to prove himself from the other big men on our team and he let a bigger player intimidate him again. If he leaves, this transfer will not bother me.

Estrella, Awaka > Aidoo

It's so wild after arguably the best year Tennessee basketball has ever had and with a team that by all accounts seemed to be really together now that the season is over the remaining players are bailing as fast as possible. The highs and lows of the transfer portal for every Dalton Knecht success story you get stories like Aidoo and Awaka that just are head scratchers.
If Barnes was to coach his last year next year, would it be such a huge surprise that the guy that shrunk the most in the biggest moment is leaving?

Awaka surprised me tho

I have struggled with weight my whole life. Been up with poor choices and down with hard work. I make no excuses for poor choices. I have also not seen the commercial to say it makes a good point. I would point to the rash of deaths in the fitness and bodybuilding community recently to offer supporting evidence that health and appearance may not always be a straight line.
I think clinical obesity is fairly unanimously agreed upon as unhealthy though, right?

I agree health and skinny appearance aren't always a 1:1 correlation, but obesity and unhealthiness is absolutely a 1:1 correlation.

I do have sympathy for those (maybe like you) whose genetics don't make it easy. If most people lived my lifestyle, they'd be 350 pounds or more. I just got lucky with genetics that my metabolism refuses to diminish. So I try to never shame people who struggle with weight.

I was all about Aidoo during SEC play, but what he did in the Elite 8 was sickening. His team needed him to play like a 6'11" starting, SEC center and he let a freshman have his minutes. If he leaves, this transfer will not bother me.
I am not happy he is leaving, but I am seeing things similarly in post season play.

I think clinical obesity is fairly unanimously agreed upon as unhealthy though, right?

I agree health and skinny appearance aren't always a 1:1 correlation, but obesity and unhealthiness is absolutely a 1:1 correlation.

I do have sympathy for those (maybe like you) whose genetics don't make it easy. If most people lived my lifestyle, they'd be 350 pounds or more. I just got lucky with genetics that my metabolism refuses to diminish. So I try to never shame people who struggle with weight.
Of course. Again, just trying to offer a counter point to the original question.

Reactions: jave36
I
Got burned buying a used 19 Honda. The 6 speed Transmission is screwed, but there’s no codes. Dealer doesn’t believe my evidence on video clips and the techs said it shifts fine. It’s still in Powertrain warranty. All BS.

The good news is that Carvana is offering me a little more than what I paid for it several months ago. I’m getting out from under it. Not gonna fight it. Really disappointed in Honda and the dealership for trying to get out of warranty work.
I have a story about Honda but it is opposite of yours. I hate this happened to you because if you can't stand behind what you sell, you should not be in business.

Anyway, my daughter has a Hyundai Santa Fe we bought used about 3 years ago. The engine basically died about two months ago. We decided we were just going to junk it and get her something else. We shopped at a lot of places and ended up at Airport Honda. We were looking at vehicles there and mentioned to the salesperson that our Santa Fe died and that is why we were looking. Apparently, unbeknownst to us, there has been a recall for faulty engines on Hyundai Santa Fe models from certain years. We had to get in line to bring the vehicle in for the service check required to see if it qualified for the recall replacement. Yesterday, we found out it does and she will be getting a new engine. BOOM!! I am very grateful to that Honda salesperson for telling us about it. @gordonr24 I am not trying to dispute your post or experience in any way and am glad you got a decent deal for your car. I just wanted to share this miracle. Dude could have just tried to sell us a car and told us about something that saved us a ton of money. I am forever grateful to that dude.

We need to get really lucky in the portal as it pertains to basketball. Otherwise, basketball is going to suck next year.

VN Store

Back