Recruiting Class Finish Predictions

I want M'ba, but I also want his teammate, Fifita. Big kid. Guessing Polynesian. He'd team with Big E and Big O very well IMO.

I really think we flip Hayden when all is said and done. I also think the coaches pull one we're not expecting. This seems more likely than ever given how quietly they play everything.

Best I can tell we have 22 SR's and at least 11 of them have to go. Think the others have the option to recapture their CV-19 year. Let's say we have 5 of the remaining 11 return. That's 17 out the door and we already had 14 available spots. Plus we have 3 expected transfers at the end of the semester as of right now (Bailey, Joseph & Calloway). So if those numbers held we could sign 28. I expect at least 2 more portals meaning we'll sign 30. I think 7/8 will be portal spots, so I think our HS/JUCO number is 22/23.

From the portal, it seems we need 2 LB, 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 DE & 1 OL. I hope we're at least as effective in the portal this year as we were last.

Why would Calloway transfer????? We already lose Payton and Velus. Could lose Tillman. Calloway has an easy path to the field here.

Why would Calloway transfer????? We already lose Payton and Velus. Could lose Tillman. Calloway has an easy path to the field here.

He shouldn't. But he hasn't seen the field since the two drops against UF, and hasn't been traveling with the team (at least to UK). I'm expecting the worst, certainly not wishing for it. I'd love to have both the Jimmy's figure things out by time for spring practice.

Personally not a huge Pittman fan - seems like a nice guy but he appears very country ; not as country as Jimbo Fisher mind you.
Not that there is anything wrong with being a little country - just an observation.

Calm down Francis - I am a "little" country - I consider it a good thing - It's relevant because there are not that many people - other than say a Jeremy Pruitt or Jimbo Fisher that are "that" country. Since Jimbo hasn't been head coaching in the SEC - I didn't know that much about him, nor had I listened to him talk. He is "real" country. I was trying to be diplomatic for those sensitive individuals and the woke crowd. Sorry if I offended you or Brandon.
If the wok crowd can't handle a country coach that is their problem. Shame on them! GBO!

Last edited:
Personally not a huge Pittman fan - seems like a nice guy but he appears very country ; not as country as Jimbo Fisher mind you.
Not that there is anything wrong with being a little country - just an observation.

Calm down Francis - I am a "little" country - I consider it a good thing - It's relevant because there are not that many people - other than say a Jeremy Pruitt or Jimbo Fisher that are "that" country. Since Jimbo hasn't been head coaching in the SEC - I didn't know that much about him, nor had I listened to him talk. He is "real" country. I was trying to be diplomatic for those sensitive individuals and the woke crowd. Sorry if I offended you or Brandon.
I am calm, and I am from the country and nobody takes more or can handle jokes more than country folks. You being sensitive to the WOKE crowd is the problem. I like all people, don't put them in boxes like some do. When are you the resident country expert anyways. So Pittmans very country and your not a fan, sure the WOKE crowd will be proud of you. I don't care if my coach is black,white, hispanic or whatever. Could care less as long as he can coach and is a good citizen in general. You putting how country a person is into it is quite frankly, weak. WOKE NEEDS TO WAKE UP, the hate everybody not like them and we are always right crowd if there ever was one. Winning you some points with the WOKE crowd at the country crowds expense. You must be proud. GBO!!!!!

I am calm, and I am from the country and nobody takes more or can handle jokes more than country folks. You being sensitive to the WOKE crowd is the problem. I like all people, don't put them in boxes like some do. When are you the resident country expert anyways. So Pittmans very country and your not a fan, sure the WOKE crowd will be proud of you. I don't care if my coach is black,white, hispanic or whatever. Could care less as long as he can coach and is a good citizen in general. You putting how country a person is into it is quite frankly, weak. WOKE NEEDS TO WAKE UP, the hate everybody not like them and we are always right crowd if there ever was one. Winning you some points with the WOKE crowd at the country crowds expense. You must be proud. GBO!!!!!
Zoomed right over your head. Just for the record, I don't like Kirby, Saban, Mullen, Orgeron - he's a little too Cajan, Kiffin, Leach, Stoops of anyone recruiting and coaching against the VOLS -
At 9 M plus per year through 2031 I doubt Jimbo is too concerned about whether I think he talks a little country - you on the other hand - much ado about nothing. Just so you know that I am willing to spread it around - Ed Orgeron sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles. I can't make out half of what he is saying. Hope that doesn't upset you or Brandon.

My thought on Jimbo is he absolutely LOVES to hear himself talk. And he rambles on and on without saying much. Now, I know most coaches are somewhat egomaniacs or at least self-obsessed to some degree, but I am not jealous of A&M having him to be honest. He's ok, and I don't dislike him......just not impressed particularly.

LOVE Heupel. Love this staff too. Need a pass with recruiting class this year due to the investigation (which sucks cause the instate class is really good).

2023, we are being really well recieved.
Awesome to hear. Good to see some old insiders around. Hope Heupel is our guy

Need to shoot for top 10 class next year

Awesome to hear. Good to see some old insiders around. Hope Heupel is our guy

Need to shoot for top 10 class next year

I would say top 15 more realistic. Top 25 this year. We must give CJH some time. Literally started out with "year zero" with the investigation and transfers (imagine if the 1 year rule would have been a year later). He will take all that mess and turn it into 7-5. Amazing. Brings pro-family back into the facility and team. Big thing for next year is for Hooker and Evans to return for O. My ideal path forward....

1. Finish 7-5
2. Recruit, Recruit, recruit....finish top 25 and get 3+ solid Defensive transfers.
3. Win Bowl and create momentum for next year..
4. Beat Pitt and let that UF game be bonkers...

I would say top 15 more realistic. Top 25 this year. We must give CJH some time. Literally started out with "year zero" with the investigation and transfers (imagine if the 1 year rule would have been a year later). He will take all that mess and turn it into 7-5. Amazing. Brings pro-family back into the facility and team. Big thing for next year is for Hooker and Evans to return for O. My ideal path forward....

1. Finish 7-5
2. Recruit, Recruit, recruit....finish top 25 and get 3+ solid Defensive transfers.

Gotta get a lot more talent on the team that's for sure. LBs and safeties are not SEC caliber. Losing Cade is gonna stink for the OL. Beating Florida next year would go a long ways for everyone.

Any other fun facts/nuggets?

1. Finish 7-5
Yeah pretty much this. Win that Florida game with a trip to LSU next, that's gonna be in year one for somebody... Who knows.... Could be bowl eligible before November 😂!

If hooker, Evans, tillman etc are all gone... That'll adjust my expectations.

I don’t care about any other coaches either. I am just glad we got the staff we got. All of them, they can coach and that is all that matters. They don’t have to jump hoops for me. GBO!

Last edited:
Welp...

Nolan definitely gone.

AP's comments on Tolan on the podcast weren't as glowing as his post on here. Still going to take a lot of visits and going back to meet new LSU coach. Bet he stays committed there. So that's the two biggest targets off the board.

We lead for Williams, but not done. Marquise Gilbert got a crystal ball to Auburn.

M'Ba just put out a top 10.

Doesn't seem like we have anyone locked up at all. Are we even trending for anyone?

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back