Recruiting Class Finish Predictions

Welp...

Nolan definitely gone.

AP's comments on Tolan on the podcast weren't as glowing as his post on here. Still going to take a lot of visits and going back to meet new LSU coach. Bet he stays committed there. So that's the two biggest targets off the board.

We lead for Williams, but not done. Marquise Gilbert got a crystal ball to Auburn.

M'Ba just put out a top 10.

Doesn't seem like we have anyone locked up at all. Are we even trending for anyone?
They get a pass for 22 but I’m concerned about recruiting with the staff. They’ve gotta be able to bring in talent.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Welp...

Nolan definitely gone.

AP's comments on Tolan on the podcast weren't as glowing as his post on here. Still going to take a lot of visits and going back to meet new LSU coach. Bet he stays committed there. So that's the two biggest targets off the board.

We lead for Williams, but not done. Marquise Gilbert got a crystal ball to Auburn.

M'Ba just put out a top 10.

Doesn't seem like we have anyone locked up at all. Are we even trending for anyone?
Thought we were going to turn head in the recruiting world.........?

Reactions: MarcoVol
Thought we were going to turn head in the recruiting world.........?
Not unless there's something going on that we don't know about. I don't see us getting any big time flips outside of maybe Tolan and also Jones. Is that turning heads? I don't think that's shaking up the recruiting world. Don't get me wrong, want both those guys badly

Not unless there's something going on that we don't know about. I don't see us getting any big time flips outside of maybe Tolan and also Jones. Is that turning heads? I don't think that's shaking up the recruiting world. Don't get me wrong, want both those guys badly
Yeah definitely not turning heads.

A poster on another fansite gave a pretty fair description of the portal. He said it consisted of the following: 1. players who couldn't crack the starting lineup, 2. malcontents, and 3. good players from smaller schools who are taking a shot at the big time.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
A poster on another fansite gave a pretty fair description of the portal. He said it consisted of the following: 1. players who couldn't crack the starting lineup, 2. malcontents, and 3. good players from smaller schools who are taking a shot at the big time.
4. Good players from elite programs. Just because we're getting a 2nd string guy from GA or Bama doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

I think that's a fair description of how the portal is traditionally seen. Obviously players and coaches are starting to view the portal in a different way, with the rules changing so much to allow for more flexibility than guys that were just using it as a last resource.

4. Good players from elite programs. Just because we're getting a 2nd string guy from GA or Bama doesn't mean he isn't a good player.
Exhibit A - Jameson Williams. WR from Ohio St that transferred to Bama and has 1000 yards/10 TD

UGA has guys that have gone other places that were the best player in their unit the day they showed up on campus

others off the top of my head that have ended up elsewhere and contributed
Henry To'oTo'o
Wan'Dale Robinson
Derion Kendrick
Tyrique Stevenson
Cain Madden
Ty Chandler
Zach Charbonnet
Tanner Mordecai
Charleston Rambo
Grant Calcaterra
Chance Campbell
Jack Coan
Kenneth Walker is a Heisman finalist and he was a transfer
DJ Finley isn't amazing but he's added depth at QB for Auburn which has saved their butt
Quavaris Couch
Deandre Johnson
Will Levis
Major Burns
JaVonta Payton

If USC, LSU, VT, TCU, Washington, Wash St, Texas Tech are all open, we could and should 100% take guys from there. We need the starters from the higher end and the depth from guys that are just looking for change.

Not to mention the unrest that could happen at Penn St, A&M, Ole Miss, Florida with other head coaches. Or coordinators/position coaches leaving that recruited players.

This could be the most active portal season ever and we could really build a whole class out of them, not that we should. But the talent and experience is there. I'd love to raid them.

Last edited:
A second stringer is still a second stringer and the fact remains that if he comes to U.T. he will end up facing the first stringers he couldn't beat out.

I think the portal is a good tool to plug some obvious holes, but in the long run a program will sink or swim with the players who picked it first.

A second stringer is still a second stringer and the fact remains that if he comes to U.T. he will end up facing the first stringers he couldn't beat out.
Or, he is developed better by our staff, and turns out to be really good like with Payton and Hooker. Hooker lost his job at VT...

VN Store

Back