Record time for throwing in the towel

Lol.
I'm not a huge fan of manufactured drama and that's a human speciality. Animals are what they are and do what they do.
I hated the new giant letters beside everyone's name so I searched "interesting pictures". Saw this Lemur caught on camera while enjoying his day, regardless of how tough his life may be and thought "yep".

I'll probably change it ever so often, Behr has already found me a few nice onesšŸ˜‚

d28babdd1b7f91a405125e2b2bc26f3e.jpg

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The ones that live by faith will live in victory. The others go to the lake of fire.

I have never in my life seen so many give up on a Tennessee team so quickly. New low achieved. We need some sunshine pumpers ASAP.
This new "we have sucked, we suck now, and we will suck tomorrow" attitude has to go. If losses are a given, why even bother to watch? This is what a program's death looks like.

If by "record time" you mean 10 or 15 years, yeah, that's a record. As someone else posted, this isn't all of a sudden.

I think it would be healthy to "throw in the towel" on this season, and probably next season too. Keeps expectations realistic and helps combat the ever lurking "fire the coach" crowd. This program needs stability more than anything.

I just wished the ones giving up would give up on coming in here talking about how bad we are 24-7 and how we are never going to be any good. If you can't support why bother even coming to this board. GBO!!!!!

I just wished the ones giving up would give up on coming in here talking about how bad we are 24-7 and how we are never going to be any good. If you can't support why bother even coming to this board. GBO!!!!!

It would be nice if our beloved Vols would give us something else to talk about.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
I have never in my life seen so many give up on a Tennessee team so quickly. New low achieved. We need some sunshine pumpers ASAP.
This new "we have sucked, we suck now, and we will suck tomorrow" attitude has to go. If losses are a given, why even bother to watch? This is what a program's death looks like.

Clearly this is just my opinion and some of this is stating the obvious but I want to say it and get it over with to make my next points.

We are a poor football team. I was hoping that different and better coaching would have these guys playing above their talent level but it doesn't look likely. The idea that this is a good roster is delusional at best. This team won 4 games last year and without an infusion of difference makers it was possible last year wasn't going to be rock bottom. Most reasonable minds knew that. The problem is there is a large group of folks that continue to point to recruiting rankings and propagate this idea Jones was a great recruiter. Point blank is he left MAC level talent.

I felt before the year started these next three games would be losses and least likely to win unless this team continued to get better and better and gain some confidence to at least play respectable. I thought they would beat a Florida team that I still don't think it very good but that is not the reason I've not posted much this week.

It is the fact that the behavior and attitudes on this board are so poor that right now it's a toxic environment. You can't judge this staff by what they inherited in year one. This is a good staff and I have seen some positive things. Also the future is bright. Before last weekend we had several big name recruits still in play. With this toxic of an environment I wouldn't be surprised if the negativism hurts as much as the performance we saw last week.

So for now I'm just going to enjoy the games (laughter here), be optimistic about the future hoping the loons of the base don't help run all the future difference makers away. My 48 rule to vent passed on Monday.

I used to visit VN multiple times a day, sometimes for hours at a time. It was the first site I checked when I woke up and last before going to sleep, and I couldnā€™t get enough of the practice videos, player interviews, coach interviews and analysis.

I just logged on for the first time since last Saturday to post how this is the earliest that I have ever checked out for a Tennessee Football season. The Florida game was embarrassing, and evidence that weā€™ll not be relevant for years, if even then.

Ironically enough, this thread was already here, so I guess Iā€™m not alone in these sentiments.

Our emotionally week fan base almost filled Neyland and was extremely vocal coming off of three subpar performances and an 0-8 Season. We are loyal to a fault and have a terrible return on investment for at least ten years, if not twenty. We need better players, not better fans.

I completely agree. Our fans need to realize the bolded part. Because it seems many dont.

Quickly?!? This has been coming for several years dude!!!

unfortunately , Tennessee could be facing one of the worst losses in school history Saturday. I could say that for three weeks straight and possibly be right 2 out of 3. Think it will be better than last year? Think weā€™ll score? Can we Not get screwed by the refs who know we suck this year and Georgia is the getting in the playoffs? No. Itā€™s a rebuilding year. Rebuilding years. Rebuilding decade.

unfortunately , Tennessee could be facing one of the worst losses in school history Saturday. I could say that for three weeks straight and possibly be right 2 out of 3. Think it will be better than last year? Think weā€™ll score? Can we Not get screwed by the refs who know we suck this year and Georgia is the getting in the playoffs? No. Itā€™s a rebuilding year. Rebuilding years. Rebuilding decade.

Would it be such a fun board ig everyone shared the exact same opinion? Ask freak to.create some safe spaces like he did the gruden threads.
I would point you to a place on the net to read a.bunch of positive stuff about the vols...but....you know..

Maybe during basket all season.

Nine of us are gearing up.
Programs death has zero to due with us.
We just arenā€™t keen on watching our beloved program die.
Go blame the AD and BOT.
We arenā€™t the issue. You can see by where TN still ranks in revenue that we fans CLEARLY arenā€™t the issue.

Reactions: VolFan_N_NC
Iā€™m so sick of hearing about how the fans are the problem. Weā€™ve packed Neyland every Saturday and bought into every gimmmick thrown our way, including ā€œChecker Neylandā€ and ā€œ3rd Down For Whatā€. Weā€™ve traveled strong when weā€™ve gone on the road.

Itā€™s the administration, coaches and players who havenā€™t shown up and the reason this program is crap, not the fans.

I havenā€™t thrown in the towel, but I wonā€™t pump sunshine. Reality is, it was eye opening to the 98team when coming to the Florida game. The general consensus is the talent isnā€™t SEC level and the players are soft mentally and physically.

I used to visit VN multiple times a day, sometimes for hours at a time. It was the first site I checked when I woke up and last before going to sleep, and I couldnā€™t get enough of the practice videos, player interviews, coach interviews and analysis.

I just logged on for the first time since last Saturday to post how this is the earliest that I have ever checked out for a Tennessee Football season. The Florida game was embarrassing, and evidence that weā€™ll not be relevant for years, if even then.

Ironically enough, this thread was already here, so I guess Iā€™m not alone in these sentiments.

And yet you are back lol. It took me until Wednesday to get over the Florida game bc I thought it would have been a close game with us prevailing. But I will watch today with no expectations, well maybe expecting to lose, but I donā€™t think I will be mad at team after today like I was last week.

Reactions: VolFan_N_NC
As a Big Orange Believer living in Georgia, I donā€™t post much, but I visit here about everyday. In my head, logically, i truly harbor very little hope for this season, nor for the game today. In my Orange heart, however, I still have a small, almost invisible, sliver of hope. Hope that since everyone on the planet that follows college football gives us no chance of victory...no chance at all, we may have an advantage.

Hope that the Bulldogs are so supremely confident in their superiority that they will come out flat, mistake prone, and allow us a small window of opportunity. Hope that momentum might bless us for a change, and we might actually take advantage of that window.

I know itā€™s extremely unlikely, but it was also extremely unlikely that Old Dominion would defeat a vastly superior Virginia Tech Team last weekend. With college football, you really never know.

I was at Neyland Stadium in 1985 when #1 ranked Auburn came to town with Bo Jackson and friends. What a day that was! We didnā€™t just beat them, we dominated them. Ahhh...the good ole days....

So let the game be played. Iā€™ll be watching, and hoping for a miracle, as long as I can bear it. And Iā€™ll be pulling for my beloved Vols, win or lose.

Go Big Orange!

So...stop being realistic. Got it.

I'm afraid you are spot on, growing up in the late 60's 70's and 80's Tennessee football was a large part of my life going to almost every game and all the bowl games.
There were some Up's and down's, but the Vols almost never were embarrassing, I hope fans can regain that pride once again and at least witness the Vols compete with the best teams in the SEC
Patience is the new word now
Go Vols
The key word you used was embarrassing..... that's the difference between now and then. There were lean years during the 70's and 80's, but I don't recall the Vols truly being doormats. They got up off the mat after USC and GA killed them in'81 and won out after an 0-6 start in '88..... I don't see that happening with this team

Reactions: photovol

VN Store

Back