Reasons to think Coach Josh Heupel will move us forward

We’ve been down this road before. The only thing that will make me believe we’re moving forward is actual on-the-field results. Press conferences, positive attitudes, and even seeming to recruit well (before actual game results materialize) won’t cut it. If Coach Heupel is any good, that’s how he’ll see it too - and he won’t accept anything less.

All the benefit of the doubt that I (and probably most long time Tennessee fans) had to give has been used up by 20 or so years of absolute Athletic Department incompetence, starting with Mike Hamilton and continuing through Dave Hart, John Currie, and Phil Fulmer. This university has so mismanaged our great football program that they have to really show something before I’ll be able to bring myself to fully believe anymore.

Of course, like all diehard Volunteers, I’m with the team until I take my last breath. Despite my skepticism, I wouldn’t be a fan of another team for any reason whatsoever. The rest of the SEC can get bent. I root for Tennessee and that is it. This conference loyalty garbage is for the birds. But any young man who decides to suit up in Big Orange has my unqualified support. Coaches, on the other hand, need to prove they are worth the money we pay them. If they are good, they’ll have the same mindset.

And I’ll conclude with what should be a guiding principle for the rest of eternity: Never hire anyone associated with Alabama ever again. Pruitt should be the last nail in that coffin.

didn't say they felt success with their optimism. But they always see things as being much better than they will be..

HA ha ha. If this is true, this program should be labeled like a pack of cigarettes.

Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that placing trust in the pinheaded administration for the Tennessee Volunteer's football program is unhealthy for sane minds, proper digestion, and other long term health concerns. And it is probably not so great for pregnant women either.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I just hope he knows how to cheat as well or better than our rivals. Maybe with some of the new policies concerning image and likeness he’ll have some good wiggle room in the grey area.

HA ha ha. If this is true, this program should be labeled like a pack of cigarettes.

Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that placing trust in the pinheaded administration for the Tennessee Volunteer's football program is unhealthy for sane minds, proper digestion, and other long term health concerns. And it is probably not so great for pregnant women either.

So you're cute by half. Probably a Tiger High fan hoping to get attention. Yay - you got some.
Now go FO.

please be specific about these "MILLIONS" you speak of after 4 years in the military.

Some of you bird brains need to learn to read and not take things out of context. The reference to the military was being treated like **** for four years and not having a shot at millions after being treated like **** by Saban like the vast majority of Bama players as of late who may be rode hard daily with the chance to earn millions because they put up with Saban's azz kickings daily!!! I stated there is a difference in putting up with **** for four years with a 50/50 shot a millions once you leave Bama as a NFL prospect vs leaving almost all other schools that don't keep putting close to half of their seniors in the NFL annually!!!

I'm worried he will have just enough success to toe the line and stick around for 7-10 years but never quite get us there. That's hard to complain about given where we've been the last 10-15 years but just being honest. I hope any coach we hire has great and ultimate success but I just don't see it being him long term.

Number one reason is be a optimist. Optimist always believes in success.
Honestly. I have no use for either optimist or pessimist. Optimist often refuse to see dangers or failures. When acceptance of failure is unavoidable... they often collapse and become completely useless or else go hyper-pessimistic. Pessimists are defined by expecting failure... which usually becomes a self-fulfilling expectation.

I strive to be a hopeful realist.... and no, I don't think that's a 50/50 optimist-pessimist.

I always try to look for the best and promote positivity... while being prepared for the worst contingencies.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Honestly. I have no use for either optimist or pessimist. Optimist often refuse to see dangers or failures. When acceptance of failure is unavoidable... they often collapse and become completely useless or else go hyper-pessimistic. Pessimists are defined by expecting failure... which usually becomes a self-fulfilling expectation.

I strive to be a hopeful realist.... and no, I don't think that's a 50/50 optimist-pessimist.

I always try to look for the best and promote positivity... while being prepared for the worst contingencies.

I've been labeled a pessimist for many years now due to projecting Tennessee's football fortunes. I too view myself as a realist who has been close to the program for many years. I've been right far more than wrong about the football fortunes these many years.

It was easy to see how good we were in the 90s just like it is easy to see how bad we were from mid-70s to mid-80s. Real easy to see the problems of the last 15 years or so and personally, I don't see much end in sight.. Hard to project when the ship might be righted.

I've been labeled a pessimist for many years now due to projecting Tennessee's football fortunes. I too view myself as a realist who has been close to the program for many years. I've been right far more than wrong about the football fortunes these many years.

It was easy to see how good we were in the 90s just like it is easy to see how bad we were from mid-70s to mid-80s. Real easy to see the problems of the last 15 years or so and personally, I don't see much end in sight.. Hard to project when the ship might be righted.
Every single self-described "realist" is simply a pessimist justifying their irritating habit of being negative....in my experience

I have no issue with your downtrodden fanship. Just find it interesting that you continually update that status.

Reactions: sjt18
Forward is about the only direction the program can head at this point.....
images

While I don't see CJH as anything more than a stabilizing bridge to our next guy in 5-6 years I am optimistic about the future of the program now that we have exorcised Fulmer from the equation.

That's not being realistic. "Realism" thinks broadly and considers both good and bad possibilities.

While I don't see CJH as anything more than a stabilizing bridge to our next guy in 5-6 years I am optimistic about the future of the program now that we have exorcised Fulmer from the equation.
He either has potential to be a long term success or he has little to no potential of being a bridge to a better future. If he gets talent it will be because he shows something on the field... with far less talent.

In short, if he isn't an overachiever then he won't leave a roster anyone should be optimistic about. If he is an overachiever then there's no reason to believe he won't have a lot of success.

He either has potential to be a long term success or he has little to no potential of being a bridge to a better future. If he gets talent it will be because he shows something on the field... with far less talent.

In short, if he isn't an overachiever then he won't leave a roster anyone should be optimistic about. If he is an overachiever then there's no reason to believe he won't have a lot of success.

I think CJH will be a consistent 7-9 win coach, barring a 3-4 win season (which I think he's better than that) he's getting 4 and an extension for 7-8 wins by then. Then he'll get another 2-3 years just by winning 7-9 games before he's run.

VN Store

Back