Reasons to dislike Pruitt

I think that was a big factor in his downfall. He tried to be Saban but didn't know how. He is a position coach and that's his ceiling. I stand by my opinion he is a good coach as long as he is limited to one position but a terrible at being a HC.
I think he knew how to be Saban. The problem is he didn't have Saban's talent, his coaching record, etc. You can't treat people the way he did when you are not winning and get by with it.

Pruitt didn't set out to fail. I'm positive he wanted to be wildly successful, he just didn't have the skills, personality or the ability.
I agree he had fire no doubt and very competitive. He didn't come to Tennessee to fail. But the part that got me was the attitude when asked about vol walk and running through "T".

If CJH only wins 3-4 games this season it will be nobody's fault but his own. Pruitts first game as HC showed us he had no ****ing clue what he was doing, they came out unprepared, unmotivated and completely disorganized. He followed up that brilliant opening game performance with an even worse one the next year and he was lucky to win the games he did that year. He was an awful HC that had absolutely no business holding that position.

How the heck did you get 77k likes? I'll ask this question again GENIUS you coached where or only arm chair. SMUCK comes to mind. Yeah his 2nd year pulled 8 wins.... OH those were given to him (Rolls eyes)couldn't have been coaching. CJP has forgotten more football than you'll ever know. Explain a simple dime package or a nickle defense? Can you? 2 coverage, deep 3, or a shallow 4? Know what you're talking about sir. When CJH doesn't exceed fans expectations how will they react. HEADHUNT! and we will be known as a university that NO ONE WANTS TO COACH, You're the problem not the cure.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
Not a valuable reason.... try again. Anyone can pick anything out of the air. Would you take a job to fail? Try again!!!!!!
Pruitt was subject to the Peter Principle... the idea that leaders rise to the level of their competence... and then get promoted one more time to their point of incompetence.

He's a football guy. That doesn't make him a HC. He's negative by nature. Looking back you can sense that consistently even in his press conferences. Even when he was trying to say the "right thing" and take responsibility... he was actually throwing the players under the bus. For instance, "That's my fault... we've got to coach them better"... after discussing poor play at length. Players knew what that meant. It meant they had not responded to the coaching they'd gotten according to Pruitt. That can work for a coordinator or position coach.... not for a HC. The HC has to make guys believe.

Your hatred is seeping through but you thought he was fantastic after 8-5 season and loved the number 15 preseason ranking...... Ever have the responsibility of maintaining a power 5 team? Ever coached period? City league doesn't count. Those that can't do tear down those that can. FACT!

So it's "hatred" to point out the reality of his coaching career?

pruittfail.png

Is your boner for Pruitt drawing too much blood from your brain at the moment? For the record, I was always skeptical of Pruitt's coaching abilities, feel free to search my posts on the subject.

Pruitt was subject to the Peter Principle... the idea that leaders rise to the level of their competence... and then get promoted one more time to their point of incompetence.

He's a football guy. That doesn't make him a HC. He's negative by nature. Looking back you can sense that consistently even in his press conferences. Even when he was trying to say the "right thing" and take responsibility... he was actually throwing the players under the bus. For instance, "That's my fault... we've got to coach them better"... after discussing poor play at length. Players knew what that meant. It meant they had not responded to the coaching they'd gotten according to Pruitt. That can work for a coordinator or position coach.... not for a HC. The HC has to make guys believe.

While I agree to a point, how is him taking the blame for the faults of losing throwing players under the bus? First thing as a HC is you hold everyone accountable, players and coaches, Plain and simple, but I sat through too many butt chewing's aftera game that the coaches were right. We as players didn't perform. Sad but true and film on Sunday was never fun. Normally wound up on the 6:30 club which meant puking by 6:30 lol

How the heck did you get 77k likes? I'll ask this question again GENIUS you coached where or only arm chair. SMUCK comes to mind. Yeah his 2nd year pulled 8 wins.... OH those were given to him (Rolls eyes)couldn't have been coaching. CJP has forgotten more football than you'll ever know. Explain a simple dime package or a nickle defense? Can you? 2 coverage, deep 3, or a shallow 4? Know what you're talking about sir. When CJH doesn't exceed fans expectations how will they react. HEADHUNT! and we will be known as a university that NO ONE WANTS TO COACH, You're the problem not the cure.

Wow, and i thought I had seen some dumb takes in the PF.

I vehemently disliked the hire, and him specifically from the time it was announced. Many of us on here suggested it would end just as it did, in demoralizing defeat (with several suggesting he would land us in trouble by recruiting like a Bammer). I said last year that he lucked into his high-water mark at Tennessee when he backed into 8-5. He beat nobody of any consequence during the vaunted "streak" and was fortunate to squeak out a bowl win.

I have no real apologies to make...as nothing we have seen over the last three years was surprising.

I have real, true hope that we have hired an up-an-comer who can do more with less, keep us in games with offense, steal a big one now and then, until he is able to recruit his needs. It's going to be an uphill climb, as it would have been with any new coach, but I am cautiously optimistic. All I ask is that we compete, not get embarrassed...especially at home, and continually improve. We are in a hole, and have hopefully stopped digging.

JFC....you really are struggling with your desire to continue to coach worship Pruitt, aren't you?

I think everyone forgets the 2019 season and the coaching that took place for the splendid finish to the season. Co-vid hit UT hard, and with the lack of spring practice and pieced together season I see idiots calling for a coaching change after applauding CJP for last year, We have the most idiotic fan base in the country. It's what have you done for me now instead of looking at all the factors.

Did he stick with JG too long yes, but he felt JG gave him the best chance to win, The kid played his tail off in 2019. Say he didn't and you're a JG hater. We saw better QB play from the lower class-men this year because he could prepare them for a full season devoid of co-vid. Back off the fire Pruitt and give the man a chance to prepare his team in a non co-vid year but 2021 might be worse than 2020 for the pandemic. If so the next question is who wants to come to UT to coach?

.......................................................................................................................................................................no one
Nailed it! I'm all for it which means as you said, we win out, and take care of business in the bowl game. Something that I read that CJP said was we should have had 45 practices in the spring. He knows where this team is and trying to right the ship. IMHO we have our coach and he's going to be special.
I think Pruitt will be here a long time. The man loves football and he would've built the program back to where it should be and if gets to the point Bama wants him when Saban hangs up the whistle then UT is back to where we belong.
Pruitt is a true coach, you practice well you play, it's plain and simple. This is how a coach picks his starting line up. One crazy thing is Josh Dobbs would have never seen the field with Pruitt because Josh was a horrible practice player. Has been noted many times. UT is on the upswing and love what CJP brings to the table. The man can coach. Give him time and UT will be back. Will West silenced me but had to give my input on this. UT is on the upswing and give the man time........... Please, CJP is the one to right the ship just give him time, before you call for his head. This man can coach and UF is going to see that as well as the gauntlet we will face in October. Don't sell this team short. DON"T!

Have we covered the slant yet? Sure we could have win 2 or 3 more games if we didn't play 10 SEC games. Everything was exposed by 10 weeks of quality opponents.

Hate is a powerful word, but I hate what he's done to our program. Every coaching hire since Fulmer was let go has been an experiment and each one has had their own set of flaws.

Pruitt's flaws imo were:

1. Micro-managing his staff.
2. Needed some polish on his PR skills.
3. Allowed major violations on his watch. Lack of or no control.
4. Ill prepared to be a P5 head coach.
5. Didn't develop players.

Infractions
3-7 Final Year

But then I look at the expectations after the 8 win 2019 season, and then he dealt with more covid cases than any school in the east, and have to ask... if we had a healthy team in 2020 what would the record have been? The infractions and cause was enough to fire him and I'm not an apologist by any means but say we won 7-8 games in 20 would the fans have jumped his back as they did? Apples and oranges but personally I liked CJP and as a former college player would have loved to have played for him but that's me. But the amount of hate the fans had for him amazed me. The man gave us an 8-5 season and the first 2 losses were hard to swallow that year but he righted the ship. If we would have won those two game.... 10-3. But yeah he couldn't coach say you.

I know my opinion will not be popular and I hope CJH will right the ship but it amazes me how this fan base went from lauding him to hating him. COVID19 killed his team. On another note the man didn't forget how to coach and for the arm chairs here that never played or coached CFB, why judge him the way you do.

I like CJH and hope he turns things around but I ask myself how long will this fan base give him before they turn their back on him the way they did Pruitt?

Funny, fan base LOVED him in 2019 but in 2020, hated his guts. Personally I think our fan base is our worse enemy........... FLAME AWAY!

On a side note, these kids these days are coddled and they can't take hard coaching and sulk when they are called out. Can't count the times I calmed my son down when he played CFB. When a coach coaches you hard he see's promise and demands the best from you. If you don't get coached up that means they don't care because you don't have it. Good grief, my DC didn't seem to know a name other than mine but I played every game.

I gave you a like, OP, because...well...bless your heart.

I've always hated that saying. It doesn't really speak much for his abilities if he's forgotten more than I know. You're striking out pretty hard with someone who just disagreed with your point. Maybe it's time you revealed who you played and coached for so everybody can go check out your accomplishments.

VN Store

Back