Realistic Florida Coaching Candidates?

I'm telling you guys Jim chaney would be a great hire. except for the OP you are fooling yourselves with some of the names you are throwing out right now.

Wrong. I want Chaney to go to Florida because he will stink it up.

11 wins with Matt Cassel

Signed Josh McDaniels

Almost ruined the Broncos and failed to properly manage any talented players that had questionable character. Was investigated for cheating and improper taping of opposing teams with both new England and Denver. Sucked as a head coach

Sucked as offensive coordinator and fired by rams.

Signed Josh Mcdaniels

I hope you guys go here. Like Muschamp on the offensive side. More like Kiffin. Go ahead.

Kyle Whittingham would probably do well at UF but rumor is he has no desire to leave Utah. He's a Utah alum and I've heard his family (namely his wife) does not want to live anywhere else.

Kyle whittingham is probably the most underrated/overlooked coach of the last 5-10 years IMO. I hope UF overlooks him too

Reactions: 1 person
Seems as though Freeze is the only guy really being discussed aside from coaches side stepping the position.

Larry Fedora's name is trending a little bit. I wouldn't be upset if the Gators hired Fedora.

Personally I think there are several great football minds from VN that should be considered. They are undefeated and unscored on every year. Just ask them, you know the ones.

Would Florida really pay off McElwain's buyout? Thought I read somewhere that total expense was going to be around $15 mil. They are approaching that number without even touching salaries.

Would Florida really pay off McElwain's buyout? Thought I read somewhere that total expense was going to be around $15 mil. They are approaching that number without even touching salaries.

That's really big numbers just to hire the type of caliber coach McElwain is.

hell no we wouldnt pay that for a guy with one or 2 good years at CSU on his resume :eek:lol:

i guess its only 7.5 mill but still too much

Last edited:
I've said it from the start guys, its gonna be kiffin. You just wait. God knows I can't stand him, but all the live he's got all year Florida is gonna bite hook, line, and sinker!

VN Store

Back