Realistic Florida Coaching Candidates?

Doesn't look like anything will happen tonight. I spoke with CSU TE Jordan White and he denied the rumor that there was a team meeting called for later tonight or tomorrow

I live here in Fort Collins and most of us here that understand football (opposed to caring more about legal weed), love Coach Mac. CSU pays him $1.5M/year and he has been worth every penny based on what kind of product he is putting on the field. The RAMS are impressive, and IMO, UF would be gaining a gem of they hire Jim McElwain. He gets a lot out of his players and coaches fundamentals very very well.

He turned the CSU offense into a well balanced attack in two years...the change here was amazing.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm just thankful we're not part of this episode of Coaching Circus 2014. I hope we're not for many many years!!!

GBO!!

It's pretty far-fetched actually.

The media often convinces people that there are job rankings and that a coach might consider leaving the #5 job for the #3 job. Coaches typically don't think that way. Stoops knows he can win big at Oklahoma and he knows he can win big at Florida. But he's been at Oklahoma for 15 years, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to completely uproot his family and start over for a lateral move.

Stoops also makes $5.25 million per year. Unless Florida is willing to bid in the $8 million range, seems unlikely he'd leave for purely monetary reasons.

You have a better shot at Mike Gundy IMO. For whatever reason, he seems a bit disgruntled at Oklahoma State. I was shocked that he considered Tennessee in 2013, because Ok State is his alma-mater and it's not like he isn't compensated well by T. Boone Pickens. Clearly, he's unhappy about something there, but it wasn't enough to lure him away in '13. Maybe it's gotten worse since then, though.

My guess is that in 2013, he used his supposed interest in the Tennessee job to leverage a raise at OSU. Doudt he would come to U.T.

Obviously Chip Kelly is not a realistic candidate:

@EaglesInsider Chip Kelly: Florida hasn't contacted me. And if they did, I wouldn't listen. It's false. I think false things are silly.

VN Store

Back