Read about Indiana and stop giving them locker room material of disrespect.

I disagree Indiana is the Big 10s version of Kentucky in Sec basketball. They maybe used to be. Now...its Michigan State for the most part. During the Bobby Knight days...love him or hate him...they were that.

Indiana is better than people realize. At the very least, they are much better than Louisville.

Their QB, a former UT commit, Michael Penix has been good for them all season.

In terms of our opponents, they are probably of similar quality as BYU and Kentucky, two teams we struggled with (and only 1 of which we beat).

Reactions: ArdentVol
They are 8-4. Won the games they should have, lost the 4 they were expected to. It's a bowl game. Sometimes teams lay eggs. usually, it's when they think a team with a better record and better losses is not good enough for them to be playing.

No, usually the team that lays an egg in a bowl is the one whose players and coaches are treating the game like a vacation, a reward.

You think Jeremy Pruitt, Jauan Jennings, and Daniel Bituli are going to let that attitude emerge?

I don't think so.

No, usually the team that loses is the one whose players and coaches are treating the game like a vacation, a reward.

You think Jeremy Pruitt, Jauan Jennings, and Daniel Bituli are going to let that attitude emerge?

I don't think so.

I doubt that would happen as well. By the time JJ gets to play the 2nd half he will be looking for blood and to go out with a bang.

Doesnt really matter what the fans say and thats not really bulletin material.. Now, if the players mouthed off like that then its different. However, I dont think the seniors will let this team overlook Indiana and i think they come ready to play
GBO

Indiana is better than people realize. At the very least, they are much better than Louisville.

In terms of our opponents, they are probably of similar quality as BYU and Kentucky, two teams we struggled with (and only 1 of which we beat).
Penix is out with a season ending injury.
Their record is more along the lines of UAB when it comes to the records of teams they have beaten as opposed to those they have lost to. of the 8 wins, a collective W-L record of 24-60 is not overly impressive.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ
They are 8-4. Won the games they should have, lost the 4 they were expected to. It's a bowl game. Sometimes teams lay eggs. usually, it's when they think a team with a better record and better losses is not good enough for them to be playing.
That merits a “usually”? How many examples do you have?

Thought Penix was out for the season? I really hope they’re counting on Pruitt and the team forgetting what happened at the beginning of the season. 😏

Stop being scared and just enjoy the ride. Tennessee is hot and has won 5 in a row. If we win, at least you can say you were confident and had the team’s back.

outside of OSU they played all their big games close. The Vols need to get their minds right and play Volunteer football or they’ll lose.

A lot of times teams lose in bowl games due to a lack of focus. Or they are still pouting about not being invited to a better bowl (like Alabama did when they went to Sugar Bowl instead of BCS).

Does the Big 10 adjust schedules based on prior year's results? I can see that IU was putrid in 2018 and they got to play the three worst teams in cross divisional play this year. They we able to notch 8 wins without beating anyone with a winning record. After GA State, I know we're capable of losing to anyone but these guys suck really bad.

The B10 teams follow a set schedule of 6 division games and a rotation of 3 from the other division. At times, that can certainly make for a tougher season but every few years, the stars align and there's a team in the B10 with a cakewalk lineup. Obviously teams can trend up or down over time but this year, IU managed to win that scheduling lottery since their B10 West match-ups were Purdue, Nebraska, and Northwestern; the 3 WORST teams in the that division. They avoided ranked Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota.

They did have to play 3 ranked teams in OSU, PSU, and UM but the rest of the East division was pretty bad. Illinois was surprisingly not awful but Mich St, Rutgers, and Maryland were pretty much garbage. Add in a couple out of conference lay-ups and they basically played and lost to 3 good teams. I'm pretty sure UT would also lose to OSU, Penn St, and Michigan as well but we had some solid teams in the middle with only UTC and Vandy being essentially crap.

I like UT's odds against IU better than if we had played Louisville. Satterfield is an outstanding coach and UL has some good team speed. What has helped UT in the past against the B10 is speed. Those cornfed boys (OSU exempted) are slow. I think we simply match up better against IU and will hopefully have the edge in athleticism. I trust CJP to scheme well enough to stymie their passing attack and UT wins by 10-14 points.

You're right about them having a very good QB but I think you have the wrong guy.

Penix has been injured most of the season. Peyton Ramsey has been the starter if I'm not mistaken and but he's played very well in backup.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
This is the first game of the 2020 season. The players and coaches do not want to lay an egg. I expect them to be on fire.
And the seniors will want to go out with a bang.

If Indiana gets motivation from UT fans posting on a message board, then Tennessee should get motivated by Hoosier fan crayon scrawlings on an outhouse door.

Bottom line, this team can score points. Our defense needs to be on it's game, and our offense needs to take care of the football. If we do these things, we win.

VN Store

Back