Read about Indiana and stop giving them locker room material of disrespect.

Does the Big 10 adjust schedules based on prior year's results? I can see that IU was putrid in 2018 and they got to play the three worst teams in cross divisional play this year. They we able to notch 8 wins without beating anyone with a winning record. After GA State, I know we're capable of losing to anyone but these guys suck really bad.

Reactions: igotworms
I watched the Indiana vs Purdue game last night. Tennessee should destroy them even if we just ran the football every play.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
61c51810-16e5-11ea-af79-c57b54ffdfe6

will be in after halftime to handle things himself...

I am sure Indiana is gonna come to VolNation and get locker room material from a rabid fan base site that has the most LOYAL and DEDICATED fan base...
If they need us to get them up to play they are in trouble already....

VOLS gonna hang 50 on them....
gonna send this senior class out on a high note.....
GBO

I’ve never understood the concept of locker room/bulletin board material. If trash talk from the opposing team makes you play harder against them then it calls into question your effort level in every other game.
I disagree. When someone says I can't, I really want to prove them wrong. I'll always give my best in every situation that life presents.

Thanks, OP, nice read.

Don't mistake this, though: Indiana is a basketball school. They are the B10's Kentucky. And are about that good in football.

A couple of the things I found really interesting from the article.

First, this:
The four teams Indiana lost to have a combined record of 38-11 [77%]. The eight teams Indiana has beaten have a combined record of 24-60 [28%].
I thought it would be useful to compare their and our seasons in that way. So I counted ours up. In an article, it would look like this:
The five teams Tennessee lost to have a combined record of 45-16 [74%]. The seven teams Tennessee beat have a combined record of 41-44 [48%].
Compare those, particularly the latter half of each. Advantage? Vols. Pretty strongly. Our victories are to teams significantly less miserable than theirs.

You know that thing we talked about a couple of weeks ago, where the gap between the teams who beat us in Oct & Nov, and the teams we beat in those months, is so large that it's hard to tell how good or bad we really are?

Well, Indiana's gap is like, twice as wide. They've lost to some very good teams, and beaten some simply atrocious squads. So who are they really?

I'm pretty sure they're Kentucky, just wearing B10 stickers on their shoulders.

The second thing I found interesting is that we and Indiana pair up strength-to-strength, and weakness-to-weakness.

Their defense is turrible, the article says. That's okay, our offense can be anemic at times, particularly in the first quarter or two. Even worse in the bowl, as we'll be without our leadership tinderbox, Jauan Jennings for a half. So that will be a bit of a pillowfight, I guess, unless we have an Eric Gray type of breakout game.

And their offense is supposed to be pretty strong, while our defense is becoming really good. Again, though...reminds me of the talk before our game against Kentucky, and how Bowden and their RBs were going to carve us up. Didn't happen. Mizzou had Kelly Bryant back, and he was going to terorrize us. Didn't happen there, either.

I like our chances in these matchups.

I think we win by a couple of touchdowns, or better, as long as our lads show up focused and hungry.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Another tidbit, their QB Peyton Ramsey, was named after Peyton Manning.
Indiana recruiting average is around 40 so that should tell you something. I would rank them near South Carolina or Kentucky, a very winnable game if we play decent.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
We absolutely have NO BUSINESS overlooking ANYONE, especially after the first 2 games of the season. That said, as long as we are awake (and I think guys are going to be fired up to crush them) there is no way they have the horses to beat us.

I mean Jennings alone is going to come out of the tunnel in the 2nd half and want to obliterate anyone foolish enough to cover him. He is going to be looking to create historic numbers in 2 Qtrs and if JG can simply toss it within 5 yards or so of JJ, I would not want to be between him and that ball. No doubt he is going to absolutely step all over them...er, too soon? :p

They are 8-4. Won the games they should have, lost the 4 they were expected to. It's a bowl game. Sometimes teams lay eggs. usually, it's when they think a team with a better record and better losses is not good enough for them to be playing.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back