Rashida Tlaib’s THOBE, and Ilhan Omar’s HIJAB, are making congressional history

Not the kind of answer I was looking for. Why should we care what she says?

So no matter what she says, no one should care?

If a member of congress said “kill all minorities” you would respond:

“Why should we care what she says?”

At the moment she fired off the tweet. Most "tweets" are emotional/knee jerk comments. Take Trump's tweets as an example.
oh c’mon that’s absolute garbage, just because someone says or does something in the heat of the moment doesnt mean that it’s excused. You said
I wouldn't say poorly chosen because in the heat of the moment, I doubt she was clever enough to make the connection that you are apparently trying to make
words and actions have the same meaning whether you’re in the heat of the moment or calm and have time to think of a response. That’s the same argument the people that defend every cop shooting use🤦‍♂️

For those defending her, you realize she will become more emboldened after nancy pulled out the word salad to defend her freshwoman. She’s actually already shown it with the barry comments. She’s going to keep showing her true colors. I get the arguments. It’s a worthy discussion. But she’s getting a taste of power and she likes it.

Reactions: davethevol
You're choosing to believe something that is not demonstrably true. You are choosing to believe that two terms are synonymous when they absolutely are not.
Again, in this particular situation, they are interchangeable. Can you not admit that Israel and the United States have a unique relationship?

oh c’mon that’s absolute garbage, just because someone says or does something in the heat of the moment doesnt mean that it’s excused. You said words and actions have the same meaning whether you’re in the heat of the moment or calm and have time to think of a response. That’s the same argument the people that defend every cop shooting use🤦‍♂️
A tweet is not on the same level of seriousness as a shooting. You do realize this, right? Therefore, not as much care or second guessing will occur before the "send" button is pushed.

For those defending her, you realize she will become more emboldened after nancy pulled out the word salad to defend her freshwoman. She’s actually already shown it with the barry comments. She’s going to keep showing her true colors. I get the arguments. It’s a worthy discussion. But she’s getting a taste of power and she likes it.

So?

Good.

A tweet is not on the same level of seriousness as a shooting. You do realize this, right? Therefore, not as much care or second guessing will occur before the "send" button is pushed.
That doesn’t excuse the action of thinking out the words, typing out the tweet and then hitting send... Heat of the moment is a bs argument and you know it

Again, in this particular situation, they are interchangeable.

No, they are not. Maybe she meant them to be. But short of her clarifying that, you are putting words in her mouth (or keyboard, as it were). She even responded to the controversy and made no attempt to clear that point up.

Look. I know you have an issue with words. It's your thing. I could link to our long conversation about the word "asset." But I'm genuinely uninterested in any further debate that requires rewriting the dictionary. I hope you have a good night, and a good weekend.

Again, you guys are going all the way...comparing her to Hitler and now comparing what she said, to killing people...

Can there not be a middle ground?

Again, you guys are going all the way...comparing her to Hitler and now comparing what she said, to killing people...

Can there not be a middle ground?

The man asked why we should care. She’s a member of Congress. Her words matter.

You’re welcome for me explaining the obvious to you

Reactions: davethevol
The man asked why we should care. She’s a member of Congress. Her words matter.

You’re welcome for me explaining the obvious to you

Her words matter, but people trying to compare them to killing and Hitler?

Thanks for the obvious lesson.

She is from a district that will keep re-electing her with this type of jargon or even worse jargon.

She is not in a battle ground area or swing state.

She is actually representing her constituents the way they would want to be represented. Sadly, she is actually doing her job.

She is going nowhere.

I am less concerned with an individual jew's allegiance than I am with our government's seemingly undying allegiance to the government of Israel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Her words matter, but people trying to compare them to killing and Hitler?

Thanks for the obvious lesson.

The point was words matter. So I used reallt dramatic words. To prove how they matter.

Once again, you’re welcome. It’s sad you needed me to point this out.

That doesn’t excuse the action of thinking out the words, typing out the tweet and then hitting send... Heat of the moment is a bs argument and you know it

I'm not trying to offer you a BS argument... I just have an understanding of twitter, or how people use twitter. People usually get a bit carried away with their tweets. Not an excuse, it just is what it is.

No, they are not. Maybe she meant them to be. But short of her clarifying that, you are putting words in her mouth (or keyboard, as it were). She even responded to the controversy and made no attempt to clear that point up.

Look. I know you have an issue with words. It's your thing. I could link to our long conversation about the word "asset." But I'm genuinely uninterested in any further debate that requires rewriting the dictionary. I hope you have a good night, and a good weekend.
Bye Felicia.

Reactions: Pacer92

No, That would be a call for violence and then that would be a reason to remove her constituents to remove her.

Reactions: Pacer92
No, That would be a call for violence and then that would be a reason to remove her constituents to remove her.

So we should only care if a congressman makes a call for violence. Anything else we shouldn’t care about?

Is that how you vote? It seems stupid. “My congressman didn’t make any calls for violence. So who cares about anything else. Re-elect him!”

I'm not trying to offer you a BS argument... I just have an understanding of twitter, or how people use twitter. People usually get a bit carried away with their tweets. Not an excuse, it just is what it is.
So do I. I probably use Twitter more than you. “It just is what it is” IS making excuses. Getting caught up in the moment, being carried away is not a valid argument for why it wasn’t wrong. Not to mention she defended the words she used for years

You were literally just calling people out for using double standards🤔

VN Store

Back