Rashida Tlaib’s THOBE, and Ilhan Omar’s HIJAB, are making congressional history

The point was words matter. So I used reallt dramatic words. To prove how they matter.

Once again, you’re welcome. It’s sad you needed me to point this out.

You pointed out nothing, really...

You blew it out of proportion. There is no reason to get all dramatic when proving a point. It actually takes away from it...

Anyway, it’s about par for the course with Washington, where any questioning is labeled and demonized...

Omar is no different than how I would treat anyone else. Give her Hell when she says or does something truly wrong, and kudos for saying or doing something right.

I don't play favorites based on Red Team or Blue Team.
Well unless the Red team is posting propognada on RT or YouTube

Omar is no different than how I would treat anyone else. Give her Hell when she says or does something truly wrong, and kudos for saying or doing something right.

I don't play favorites based on Red Team or Blue Team.

Fair enough. Carry on with your rat killing

No, they are not. Maybe she meant them to be. But short of her clarifying that, you are putting words in her mouth (or keyboard, as it were). She even responded to the controversy and made no attempt to clear that point up.

Look. I know you have an issue with words. It's your thing. I could link to our long conversation about the word "asset." But I'm genuinely uninterested in any further debate that requires rewriting the dictionary. I hope you have a good night, and a good weekend.
I went back and read through that thread after you mentioned it yesterday. I got a chuckle at one point when you struggled with what the definition of a "car' was.

Because they all share the hatred for Jews?
Nothing unique there. American Jews hate Israel. Well New York Jews do anyway. How else can you explain the election of some of the most vehemently anti Israeli politicians we have seen in 100 years?

Nothing unique there. American Jews hate Israel. Well New York Jews do anyway. How else can you explain the election of some of the most vehemently anti Israeli politicians we have seen in 100 years?
I didn’t know you speak for American and New York Jews

I haven't seen anything yet that suggests she hasn'y done anything but what you spelled out as acceptable.

I just think that most of you don't want the conversation to be had at all, so you find the least bit from a tweet or quote and extrapolate (or create) anti-Semitic triggers.

Truth is, you all have no problem having a discussion about Russian or Chinese govt influence in the US with the conversation not devolving into charges of racism. But when it comes to Israel, these same conversations can never be allowed to occur.
What is the conversation?

If you want to have a conversation about a specific instance of Israeli government influence on the US, that is perfectly acceptable and not off-limits to have. The problem is when you suspect someone of influencing the government purely on the basis of them being Jewish/Israeli, or Chinese, or Russian.

What is the conversation?

If you want to have a conversation about a specific instance of Israeli government influence on the US, that is perfectly acceptable and not off-limits to have. The problem is when you suspect someone of influencing the government purely on the basis of them being Jewish/Israeli, or Chinese, or Russian.
That only becomes a question when you have the situation where a person is a dual citizen.

We're back on the merry-go-round again. Omar wasn't speaking about dual citizens.
I'm not sure how much more simple it has to be for you to understand that dual-citizenship opens up the door for scrutiny with regards to a person's allegiance.

It really isn't that hard of a concept to comprehend unless you just suffer from cognitive dissonance... or chose to be a hypocrite.

Reactions: Pacer92
I'm not sure how much more simple it has to be for you to understand that dual-citizenship opens up the door for scrutiny with regards to a person's allegiance.

It really isn't that hard of a concept to comprehend unless you just suffer from cognitive dissonance... or chose to be a hypocrite.

Had an interesting conversation with two Jewish friends of mine about this. I brought up Alan Dershowtiz, who until Trump has usually sided with Dems, but now is routinely on Fox in particular defending Trump. Questions have been posed by many as to whether Dershowitz' loyalty to Israel has caused him to defend Trump because of the perception that Trump is pro-Israel.

One said he thought it is anti-semitic to raise the question. One said he cannot fathom how it is anti-semitic to do so. As the two discussed it, the first eventually admitted that his basis for taking that position was "As a Jew, I just don't like it when you question the motives of people who are Jewish or taking a Jewish stance." Or words to that effect.

After some further discussion, the conclusion was that there is a difference between being Jewish and Zionism.

Had an interesting conversation with two Jewish friends of mine about this. I brought up Alan Dershowtiz, who until Trump has usually sided with Dems, but now is routinely on Fox in particular defending Trump. Questions have been posed by many as to whether Dershowitz' loyalty to Israel has caused him to defend Trump because of the perception that Trump is pro-Israel.

One said he thought it is anti-semitic to raise the question. One said he cannot fathom how it is anti-semitic to do so. As the two discussed it, the first eventually admitted that his basis for taking that position was "As a Jew, I just don't like it when you question the motives of people who are Jewish or taking a Jewish stance." Or words to that effect.

After some further discussion, the conclusion was that there is a difference between being Jewish and Zionism.
Dershowitz also believes it's a witch hunt.

VN Store

Back