Rashida Tlaib’s THOBE, and Ilhan Omar’s HIJAB, are making congressional history

Have you forgiven them for bombing Pearl Harbor?
big_1498338807_image.jpg

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Reactions: NorthDallas40
If she was talking about dual-citizenship, she should have said so. For someone who is insisting that we take her words at face value, you are being equally insistent that she meant words that she didn't actually use.
Meh, I think in most people's mind, the two terms are interchangeable.

You remind of a black militant or an ultra-feminist looking for a reason to be outraged.

So, I’m essence, no one can even question the loyalty of a Jew or its Anti-Semitic?
No, but I think it'd be wrong to question the loyalty of someone purely because they were Jewish and based on nothing else.

For example, remember this dude (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pollard)? He's Jewish but it isn't unfair to question his loyalty, because he actually did something.

Meh, I think in most people's mind, the two terms are interchangeable.

You remind of a black militant or an ultra-feminist looking for a reason to be outraged.
I'm not sure anybody here is outraged at all, especially on the level of an SJW. All I'm saying is that Omar should change her approach for her own good.

Maybe Omar isn’t so bad after all 😂

Rep. Ilhan Omar slams Barack Obama's message of 'hope and change' as a 'mirage'

Rep. Ilhan Omar slams Barack Obama's message of 'hope and change' as a 'mirage'

Now who can argue with common sense like this?

Omar is then quoted as saying: “We can’t be only upset with Trump… His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was.

“And that’s not what we should be looking for anymore. We don’t want anybody to get away with murder because they are polished. We want to recognize the actual policies that are behind the pretty face and the smile.”

No, but I think it'd be wrong to question the loyalty of someone purely because they were Jewish and based on nothing else.

For example, remember this dude (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pollard)? He's Jewish but it isn't unfair to question his loyalty, because he actually did something.

I don’t think it’s because they’re Jewish...it’s the fact of being a citizen of Israel and working for the US govt....which seems to be the theme...

I'm not sure anybody here is outraged at all, especially on the level of an SJW. All I'm saying is that Omar should change her approach for her own good.

Maybe she would have been safer saying "groups that encourage support of foreign countries, even when those interests are not shared by the US." Of course, I think even then she would have been accused of anti-Semitism because she's Muslim.

I don’t think it’s because they’re Jewish...it’s the fact of being a citizen of Israel and working for the US govt....which seems to be the theme...
Again, you and Ras are hung up on "citizenship." Omar never used the term citizenship. She was speaking about American citizens (not dual citizens) who push for "allegiance" to a foreign country.

The dual loyalty thing is a trope that has been used against Jews for centuries.

Maybe she would have been safer saying "groups that encourage support of foreign countries, even when those interests are not shared by the US." Of course, I think even then she would have been accused of anti-Semitism because she's Muslim.

Does she support ending all foriegn aid or just to Israel?

Oh, I don't really disagree with you about his firing. I don't know if he's anti-Semitic or not. I don't believe he had a history of making questionable comments like that. I'm surprised he used that phrase though, because it made him a really easy target.
I doubt very seriously he said that knowing it would "trigger" anyone.

Are you saying she had no reason to make those comments other than her (alleged) hatred of Jews?
No, not at all. She problem is that she wasn't really making that comment about a specific person. In the context of a conversation about American (not dual citizen) Jews, she said she shouldn't be expected to have allegiance to a foreign country. She seemed to imply, perhaps hamhandedly, that American Jews have allegiance to a foreign country.

My point is that she invoked a tried and true anti-Semitic canard (dual allegiance). If she isn't anti-Semitic, then she should change her approach when criticizing Israel.

Again, you and Ras are hung up on "citizenship." Omar never used the term citizenship. She was speaking about American citizens (not dual citizens) who push for "allegiance" to a foreign country.

The dual loyalty thing is a trope that has been used against Jews for centuries.

Questioning allegiance is not racist or anti Semitic...it just isn’t..

Questioning allegiance is not racist or anti Semitic...it just isn’t..
That isn't the point. The point is why are you questioning allegiance. Are you questioning allegiance purely because someone is Jewish, and based on absolutely nothing else?

If you're questioning allegiance purely because of the fact someone is Jewish and absolutely nothing else, that's pretty suspect.

Does she support ending all foriegn aid or just to Israel?
I think that would be a fair question to ask people like you and the others that are attacking her.

Do you support ending all foreign aid or would you make an exception for Israel?

VN Store

Back