Rant central

Did you see him strikeout 3 times today with the bases juiced?
Did you see him when the ball deflected off his glove with a guy on first and he jogged over to get it as the guy went from 1st to 3rd? Guess that wasn't his fault either.

Reactions: 1 person
Did you see him strikeout 3 times today with the bases juiced?
Did you see him when the ball deflected off his glove with a guy on first and he jogged over to get it as the guy went from 1st to 3rd? Guess that wasn't his fault either.

Perhaps you should call JP and CTV and tell em this. They must’ve missed it too.. What the hell are they thinking constantly throwing him behind the plate?

Santiago is hitting .293 and slugging .500. Damn good for a catcher

The constant rant against him is biased. There simple isn't another option at catcher so save the defensive stats bs.

I'd be willing to bet the constant ranting against him involves being personally invested in wanting some else playing

Not in SEC games he's not.

BA .143

Slug .214

OB .229

Reactions: 2 people
The point of putting up Santiago's stats is simply to illustrate that his offense, or lack their of IS NOT why he catches every weekend game.

Mascia is batting .100 in SEC games...

In other words, you have to give the coaches some consideration. They aren't dummies. There just may not be a better option...you know Derkay caught some, but he's got the wrist issue...I mean...maybe it is what it is?

The point of putting up Santiago's stats is simply to illustrate that his offense, or lack their of IS NOT why he catches every weekend game.

In other words, you have to give the coaches some consideration. They aren't dummies. There just may not be a better option...you know Derkay caught some, but he's got the wrist issue...I mean...maybe it is what it is?

hopefully help is on the way next season then. Juco or something.

That's it

Next to nobody hits for average in SEC play

I'm not saying that's wrong...I mean JJ, who we mostly contained this weekend, is at .200...

But c'mon man...I don't think it's unfair to think Benito should be playing better...

I'm not saying that's wrong...I mean JJ, who we mostly contained this weekend, is at .200...

But c'mon man...I don't think it's unfair to think Benito should be playing better...

I think he is a slightly below average player playing about as good as he can.

I think the other options are well below average and the rants here are personally vested.

His actions a year ago likely are behind some of the Venum here

Last edited:
hopefully help is on the way next season then. Juco or something.

I don't know specifically about the C position...but there's a bunch of kids coming in...many more than will be graduating/drafted...

I think he can play better. And has. I just get tired of hearing this clown rail on Santiago when we have many other problems that could be discussed. It’s non stop with him on Santiago.

I don't know specifically about the C position...but there's a bunch of kids coming in...many more than will be graduating/drafted...

Connor Pavolony in this class and Knox Preston in 2019.

I think he is a slightly below average player playing about as good as he can.

I think the other options are well below average and the rants here are personally vested.

His actions a year ago likely are behind some of the Venum here

I think they are all trying has hard as they can...I do agree with CTV that at times, all over the field...I dunno...a lack of focus, or intensity...I am just getting around to watching today's first game today...so far we are out playing them...

There is still time, the things can get fixed...Benito has always been a bit streaky as a hitter.

Just calling it like I see it big guy... If you honestly think Santiago is the biggest problem on this team, I’ve got some prime ocean front property I’d like to sell you in Madisonville. Since you seem to like the area so much!

nope only go there when i need my meth

VN Store

Back