Rant central

On CTV’s radio show yesterday. He said Stapp would not play tonight for sure. But would be re evaluated for the Florida series this weekend. He said he hasn’t attempted to field a ground ball yet. ????? I don’t know ??? That’s what I heard.

He was a pleasant surprise and could really put the ball in play; need him back sooner rather than later

Someone still want to argue the fact that our catcher is not killing us?

Outfield as a whole is just behind him. They cost us game one.

for anyone who missed CTV's post game interview when asked about the 1st game today, "We win as a team, lose as a team and respond as a team"........

for anyone who missed CTV's post game interview when asked about the 1st game today, "We win as a team, lose as a team and respond as a team"........

That was a pretty good interview, couple nice nuggets in there.

Never mind. See where you are from. That explains it.

You’ve railed on Santiago since the first series. We get it. He stole your girl. But give it a rest. His pop time is probably top 1/3 in the SEC. With a top notch baseball mind such as yourself, you do understand that base stealing is usually on the pitchers at this level.

Then you go to his framing ability. You ever tried to frame a ball two feet off the plate? Probably not.

Bring your stats. You want to talk about his % of thrown out base runners? Have you seen our pitchers keep runners close?

Thought pitchers keep runners close today...if you want to take stat how about the % of balls dropped on glove to hand catcher exchange when a runner takes off...looks like the ball has grease on it.

Bring your stats. You want to talk about his % of thrown out base runners? Have you seen our pitchers keep runners close?

ok...stat #1

Strikeouts
----------
1. Benito Santiago, UT........ 40
Julian Infante, VU......... 40
3. Hunter Alexander, UA....... 39
4. Wil Dalton, UF............. 37
5. Zach Daniels, UT........... 36

ok...stat #1

Strikeouts
----------
1. Benito Santiago, UT........ 40
Julian Infante, VU......... 40
3. Hunter Alexander, UA....... 39
4. Wil Dalton, UF............. 37
5. Zach Daniels, UT........... 36

What about team batting average? What’s that stat look like? Where does he stand there?

stat # 2

Passed balls
------------
1. Cooper Johnson, UM......... 7
2. Brett Bond, MO............. 6
Hunter Feduccia, LS........ 6
Benito Santiago, UT........ 6
5. Troy Squires, UK........... 5

Stat #3

Steal attempts against
----------------------
1. Benito Santiago, UT........ 48
2. Hunter Feduccia, LS........ 34
3. Mason Meadows, UG.......... 30
4. Brett Bond, MO............. 25
5. Cole Bedford, AM........... 20

Stat #4

Stolen bases against
--------------------
1. Benito Santiago, UT........ 41
2. Mason Meadows, UG.......... 24
Hunter Feduccia, LS........ 24
4. Cole Bedford, AM........... 16
5. JJ Schwarz, UF............. 15

Santiago is hitting .293 and slugging .500. Damn good for a catcher

The constant rant against him is biased. There simple isn't another option at catcher so save the defensive stats bs.

I'd be willing to bet the constant ranting against him involves being personally invested in wanting some else playing

Reactions: 1 person
Someone still want to argue the fact that our catcher is not killing us?

Outfield as a whole is just behind him. They cost us game one.

I'm not really going to argue your point. It's pretty obvious that Benito isn't have a great go of it defensively to this point.

What I will say is that the coaches must not trust Mascia in that role. Further, they must feel they don't have an option.

I don't pretend to know why that is the case, but it must be the case.

I think CTV talks about being ready for every pitch, defensively, as he does after almost every loss, that seems to be the root, not just at catcher but in the outfield...

Our fielding % in SEC games is down around .958...seems like there is a lot of blame to go around.

Stat #4

Stolen bases against
--------------------
1. Benito Santiago, UT........ 41
2. Mason Meadows, UG.......... 24
Hunter Feduccia, LS........ 24
4. Cole Bedford, AM........... 16
5. JJ Schwarz, UF............. 15

You really think that stat is on him? Have you seen any pitcher keep a runner honest on our staff?

VN Store

Back