Quote from Warlick post-game

Phil just needs to act like he wants to be the head coach of the Lady Vols. Things will be taken care of then. Just ask Coach Majors.
Why must some keep bringing this up. Coach Majors removal was more justified than coach Fulmers by a long shot. I am unfortunately old enough to remember the entire changing of the guard. To say coach Fulmer is the reason Johnny lost his job is just wrong and pathetic. I grew up a Johnny Majors fan, but it was time for him to go

Him giving her that raise and extension before the season began instead of just letting her contract run out was a terrible idea. unfortunately i do not see her stepping down on her own and they would have to find a way to somehow convince her to do so behind closed doors(i say this because i feel she's delusional about her coaching hence why she never takes responsibility).

I didn't know she got a raise too? I thought it was just an extension.

Yes it is. You can step down. Doesn’t sound like she would step down. Only if she is asked to leave, or fired.
Please...PLEASE fire my azz... I cannot and will not quit, Pat taught me that much. But I am not a coach... help me!

25,000 increase bumped her salary up to 690,000.
What was her original contract, 2013-2018? I'm surprised they gave a raise w/ the last 3 years' SEC & NCAA Tourney finishes. I would figure they would allow whatever bonuses earned there to be her raise. So she is back for a minimum of 2 more years then it seems. Good news is the SEC may be in a bit of a down year next year with a good amount of talent graduating. That could help but IDK what they are gonna do about butts in the seats. If they keep losing spectators at the current rate in 2 more seasons they could be looking at numbers around the 6k mark per game.

Reactions: sport3500
What was her original contract, 2013-2018? I'm surprised they gave a raise w/ the last 3 years' SEC & NCAA Tourney finishes. I would figure they would allow whatever bonuses earned there to be her raise. So she is back for a minimum of 2 more years then it seems. Good news is the SEC may be in a bit of a down year next year with a good amount of talent graduating. That could help but IDK what they are gonna do about butts in the seats. If they keep losing spectators at the current rate in 2 more seasons they could be looking at numbers around the 6k mark per game.
She took over officially in 2012 so 12/13 season to 18/19. But coached that 11/12 season. She’s survived this long because of the made tourneys, that one year she one the SEC regular season title, and UT’s athletic department had been in turmoil. If the former AD didn’t do what he did, then she wouldn’t have gotten that extension. UT hiring Fulmer was a blessing for Holly.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Why must some keep bringing this up. Coach Majors removal was more justified than coach Fulmers by a long shot. I am unfortunately old enough to remember the entire changing of the guard. To say coach Fulmer is the reason Johnny lost his job is just wrong and pathetic. I grew up a Johnny Majors fan, but it was time for him to go
Some must keep bringing this up b/c it keeps being said that Fulmer would never make a move during the season and unceremoniously due to the circumstances of his own firing in that manner. Which totally ignores the circumstances of his hiring, which was midseason, unceremoniously, and while the current coach was recovering from a heart attack.

Not only am I old enough to remember this, I had a family member who worked for the football program at that time and was at every practice every day. He knew everyone involved and fully believed that Fulmer was all in on the plot to oust Majors. It was time for Johnny to go, but not that way and not at that time.

Maybe Phil's date with karma years later made him more sensitive, but the point is ousting a VFL unceremoniously during the season (which I actually didn't want him to do) is not exactly unheard of to Coach Fulmer.

Last edited:
He wouldn't have to. The officer that had the deck when they hit the iceberg went down with the ship. An unproven rumor has it that he committed suicide after the last lifeboat was lowered.
The guy up in the crow's nest survived (he was assigned to pilot a life boat) but he never got over it and became a huge alcoholic. Such a tragedy.

Not getting fired! Fulmer was fired & embarrassed
He will call Holly your n office next week nd offer a chance to save face and retire

“. I want to inform everyone that after 8 seasons as head coach of UT, I want to do like Urban Myers and take time off to spend with my family”

End of press conference
Almost right. I fully expect Fulmer to act (not react like we've seen recently).

He will replace HW … not "fire" her. She will be "asked to serve as AD For Women's Sports" which was Joan Cronyn's role that was never filled. She will "assist" Fulmer in the replacement search although I believe that Fulmer will have already made the decision (part of act rather than react). A couple of days after her "promotion" HW and PF will announce the successor.

“Do I want to continue coaching? Yes," Warlick said. "But if it needs to go in a different direction, that's not up to me."

It's not up to u sweetie! She actually think her father owns part of lady vols. I can't wait to celebrate her firing.

Reactions: Amb3096
Almost right. I fully expect Fulmer to act (not react like we've seen recently).

He will replace HW … not "fire" her. She will be "asked to serve as AD For Women's Sports" which was Joan Cronyn's role that was never filled. She will "assist" Fulmer in the replacement search although I believe that Fulmer will have already made the decision (part of act rather than react). A couple of days after her "promotion" HW and PF will announce the successor.
The AD for women sports position doesn't exist anymore. That's why it hasn't been filled.

Reactions: orangealways
It appears Phil may may be worse at his job than Holly is! Good ADs are NOT cheerleaders, they build programs!

Reactions: Momto2

VN Store

Back