Quote from Warlick post-game

It appears Phil may may be worse at his job than Holly is! Good ADs are NOT cheerleaders, they build programs!

Phil is a figurehead put in place to quell the firestorm. He will not be hiring or firing anyone or making any other decisions related to the athletic department, I wish he was. The administration is in full control. Still, I think their decision was made for them by the absolute terrible basketball season.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Phil is a figurehead put in place to quell the firestorm. He will not be hiring or firing anyone or making any other decisions related to the athletic department, I wish he was. The administration is in full control. Still, I think their decision was made for them by the absolute terrible basketball season.
When Tennessee looks for the next women's head basketball coach I hope they don't cop out and use a search firm.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I know Pat Summitt really built a special program that has attracted many Vols fans to be passionate fans for the Lady Vols, but some people really need to take a step back and take a deep breath because in reality you are getting fired up about college women’s basketball. At the end of the day, it’s just college women’s basketball.

I know Pat Summitt really built a special program that has attracted many Vols fans to be passionate fans for the Lady Vols, but some people really need to take a step back and take a deep breath because in reality you are getting fired up about college women’s basketball. At the end of the day, it’s just college women’s basketball.
All I care about is Tennessee women's basketball team and without them in the NCAA Tournament now I wont be watching it. I just keep up with scores and stats on ESPN.

Reactions: mcannon1
All I care about is Tennessee women's basketball team and without them in the NCAA Tournament now I wont be watching it. I just keep up with scores and stats on ESPN.
That’s all good. I’m just sitting here watching people trash talk Fulmer over this deal and that’s when you really realize what Vol fans are out of their minds. I support the team and hope they win every game, but the things I see on here make me just shake my head and laugh.

That’s all good. I’m just sitting here watching people trash talk Fulmer over this deal and that’s when you really realize what Vol fans are out of their minds. I support the team and hope they win every game, but the things I see on here make me just shake my head and laugh.

There are proper and conscientious ways of handling upper management business matters so that they don't affect the frontline employees

You have a mass of fans ready to give up on a lifetime choice
A choice many of them make with a broken heart

There are two persons who can make this call,, CHW and CPF
CHW has already shown her cards by playing the "How university treats women" card...passive aggressive defense intact
The other one, is Coach Fulmer
(Unless there is someone else in the university mix that can make this call)

BTW,,,I am thrilled with the performance of these girls especially in regard to not knowing what future they were playing for...they didn't let this uncertainty dictate their performances.

The furious rally after that dreadful start came by "heart"

the loss was not the players,,it came by not taking a "well-versed and timely tested decision to take a timeout to stop a run/momentum and letting a 10-0 run go with 3:34 to go in the game and three timeouts in the pocket.

Coaching may not have "lost this game",
but it sure didn't do anything in the closing minutes to save or win it.

You can lay your money down, I would have used all 3 TO's to stop any chance of a run, given this team's history (they get on the ropes and they get beat up....Been that way all season...the only way to save them is to stop the beating for a moment and let hem regroup).

if I live to be 1000 I will never understand posters who take time to interrupt the conversation of obviously passionate people to tell us that because they lack passion for the object of our conversation. so should we. Thanks for chiming in tho!

You think it’s positive when our university fires a coach? I certainly don’t. It’s a sign of failure imo.
GBO!!
in this case, the outcry and obvious damage is so intense that the sign of insane negative failure would be doing the same thing over next season and expecting a different outcome.

Last edited:

is it inappropriate to tell someone to go to kiss my butt in here
if not,
kiss my butt MSrivervol

Some must keep bringing this up b/c it keeps being said that Fulmer would never make a move during the season and unceremoniously due to the circumstances of his own firing in that manner. Which totally ignores the circumstances of his hiring, which was midseason, unceremoniously, and while the current coach was recovering from a heart attack.

Not only am I old enough to remember this, I had a family member who worked for the football program at that time and was at every practice every day. He knew everyone involved and fully believed that Fulmer was all in on the plot to oust Majors. It was time for Johnny to go, but not that way and not at that time.

Maybe Phil's date with karma years later made him more sensitive, but the point is ousting a VFL unceremoniously during the season (which I actually didn't want him to do) is not exactly unheard of to Coach Fulmer.
Wouldn't trust Fulmer "in a chicken house wearing a muzzle" as my farmer grandfather used to say.

Reactions: BUBear
“Do I want to continue coaching? Yes," Warlick said. "But if it needs to go in a different direction, that's not up to me."
"Continue coaching"? When did Holly actually coach?
She strides the sidelines as a negative fashion statement and says "I don't know what to do" as a staple during post loss pressers.
Coaching is not a part of the package here. We need a coach

“Do I want to continue coaching? Yes," Warlick said. "But if it needs to go in a different direction, that's not up to me."

One of the criticisms of Holly is that the things she says seem detached from reality. This is an example. She's obviously not going to resign, but she also doesn't have her heart in it and doesn't appear interested in actually leading the program, so Fulmer has no choice now.

don't worry about fulmer doing anything until you see him standing behind holly with a dagger. he good @ backstabbing. hcjm

VN Store

Back