Quote from Warlick post-game

“Do I want to continue coaching? Yes," Warlick said. "But if it needs to go in a different direction, that's not up to me."

giphy.gif

“Do I want to continue coaching? Yes," Warlick said. "But if it needs to go in a different direction, that's not up to me."
Holly we need to go in a different direction immediately obviously you want to stay on but no one wants you to other than yourself and maybe a group of 5 percent of the fans.

I think she fired herself with this seasons performance. Surprised the announcement has not been made yet.

Not getting fired! Fulmer was fired & embarrassed
He will call Holly your n office next week nd offer a chance to save face and retire

“. I want to inform everyone that after 8 seasons as head coach of UT, I want to do like Urban Myers and take time off to spend with my family”

End of press conference

If he makes a move at all it certainly won’t be while any Tennessee team is still competing in post-season play. With the men’s basketball team still going strong he’s not going to steal any of their thunder by introducing a competing, negative story to the national conversation.

Negative?

Negative in the sense that the news will obviously having everyone talking openly and honestly about the reasons for Holly leaving. The Tennessee Lady Vols program has completely collapsed, the coach is to blame, and that’s not exactly a bright and shiny positive reason to bring attention to Tennessee. This will add to growing list of recent diasters within the Tennessee athletics. This is more negative about Tennessee.

So, Philwill wait until the one positive thing going for it right now is wrapped up for the year.

fulmer wouldn't have fired the navigator on the Titanic.

He wouldn't have to. The officer that had the deck when they hit the iceberg went down with the ship. An unproven rumor has it that he committed suicide after the last lifeboat was lowered.

The only thing that saves Holly is the amount of money thats been spent on Football staff to get our money maker back on track ..so the money may be tight and cant afford a buyout on Holly's contract .. plus having to spend big dollars for a top notch already proven winner in the Womens game ..... and Tennessee will hire have to hire a Big name that has the confidence to live in Pat's shadow ... we will see if we have the money to get it all done .......

Yes it is. You can step down. Doesn’t sound like she would step down. Only if she is asked to leave, or fired.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Him giving her that extension before the season began instead of just letting her contract run out was a terrible idea. unfortunately i do not see her stepping down on her own and they would have to find a way to somehow convince her to do so behind closed doors(i say this because i feel she's delusional about her coaching hence why she never takes responsibility).

Last edited:
If he makes a move at all it certainly won’t be while any Tennessee team is still competing in post-season play. With the men’s basketball team still going strong he’s not going to steal any of their thunder by introducing a competing, negative story to the national conversation.

I think he will wait til the women's tourney is over. The replacement may still be playing or no need in upsetting a team with the thoughts that their coach may be leaving. He will wait til then.

Him giving her that raise and extension before the season began instead of just letting her contract run out was a terrible idea. unfortunately i do not see her stepping down on her own and they would have to find a way to somehow convince her to do so behind closed doors(i say this because i feel she's delusional about her coaching hence why she never takes responsibility).
I think the extension had nothing to do with her staying or leaving, but more to do with players that may be committed or on the team transferring until a new direction has been determined.

Him giving her that raise and extension before the season began instead of just letting her contract run out was a terrible idea. unfortunately i do not see her stepping down on her own and they would have to find a way to somehow convince her to do so behind closed doors(i say this because i feel she's delusional about her coaching hence why she never takes responsibility).
She wasn't given a raise and her buyout was lowered.

VN Store

Back