Questions From Noobs:Tennessee Baseball Edition

Pretty easy tickets? Don't wanna pay a fortune for hotels either...

My experience was tix aren’t bad and the hotels aren’t ridiculous depending on what you want. I just needed a bed. Unfortunately we didn’t win so I left on all 3 occasions after 2 nights.

I will add we were the 12 team a couple times and it came down to the last game of the season at least twice. We had to win and somebody else had to lose so we could go to Hoover. This is during the Serrano era. Talk about being hyped and sweating bullets at the same time?

It’s not pleasant but my therapist said it good to talk about it.

It’s not my fault. It’s not my fault.

12 teams.

Championship - Baseball

Lots of factors in hosting, but the long and short of it is where you’re ranked, body of work, recently, SOS, RPI, etc…you also have to have a certain size stadium to be able to handle all the visitors. I don’t have that number off the top of my head.

You don’t tell a 1st grader where babies come from.

What’s wrong with you?

My experience was tix aren’t bad and the hotels aren’t ridiculous depending on what you want. I just needed a bed. Unfortunately we didn’t win so I left on all 3 occasions after 2 nights.
Yeah i don't need the Hilton but don't want a roach motel either haha

They put the team hats in a box and shake it really hard. Then the Sankey man reaches in and pulls out a hat one by one. This is how they are seeded in reverse order. Only 12 teams get to go to the tournament, because who wants to see the 13 and 14 teams play anymore bad baseball.
The hosting of the regionals is done in similar fashion except in involves a coin flip and some type of magic incantation that no one really understand.
There, hope I helped ya.

rachel-green-very-funny.gif

I will add we were the 12 team a couple times and it came down to the last game of the season at least twice. We had to win and somebody else had to lose so we could go to Hoover. This is during the Serrano era. Talk about being hyped and sweating bullets at the same time?
The way everyone says “Go to Hoover” sounds like you all are talking about the “promise land” or something.

I’m the first to admit that I jumped on the bandwagon late last season. It was an exciting time and everyone in this forum was very warm and welcoming. It would be nice to have a thread where us noobs could ask questions and learn about Tennessee Baseball from the passionate regulars.
@mad4vols I was given this book probably a decade ago. Lots of good info in it. I’d recommend it to provide lots of background, explanations and a glossary of baseball terms. Easy to digest. BD5784AA-4E82-4AD3-8833-A5C43C2F2A44.jpeg

@mad4vols I was given this book probably a decade ago. Lots of good info in it. I’d recommend it to provide lots of background, explanations and a glossary of baseball terms. Easy to digest. View attachment 443526
Thanks I definitely need something like that, especially with some of the questionable answers I’ve been getting in this thread earlier.

@AllVolinGA & @chuckiepoo and others.

You know who you are 👀

There on espn2 friday night and sec network Saturday this wknd...there other games just check the schedule on utsports.com site

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back