QB's

1vol

On the fast track back!!!
I just went back and watched the B-FAST in K-ville and CLK adressed our QB's and he said that our QB's can do the job.He talked about Carson,when they took over there people told him CP was to stupid well we saw how that turned out and Matt L.did not have enough arm strengh well how did that turn out?:superman:

I just went back and watched the B-FAST in K-ville and CLK adressed our QB's and he said that our QB's can do the job.He talked about Carson,when they took over there people told him CP was to stupid well we saw how that turned out and Matt L.did not have enough arm strengh well how did that turn out?:superman:

I think the "reading between the lines" thing there is that CLK has zero confidence in the previous staff.

I think the "reading between the lines" thing there is that CLK has zero confidence in the previous staff.
Reading between the lines isn't necessary. Just look at how many of them he retained.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not quite zero. He came to basically the same conclusion about Schofield and Revis as they did.

Reading between the lines isn't necessary. Just look at how many of them he retained.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The Voice of Reason strikes again>>>>> This time in the area of Football........ I think BJ is the man next year he is a "Kiffin Fit".

I agree it will be BJ....

I think all the QB's will have a short leash right up to the fall. IMO Kiffin will give all of them plenty of chances on and off the field to prove that they are the starter. That being said maybe Crompton can be coached up and fit CLK's system better than what we had last year.

I tend to think BJ will be the guy myself but I do not want to rule out Stephens or Crompton just yet.

After watching Crompton and Stephens play extensively, I am hoping BJ doesn't blow like those two. He was never given a real opportunity. Fulmer & crew seemed to have a personal vendetta against Coleman. Handing the ball off for 3 or 4 series and then forcing him to throw on 3rd and long(int), is not putting a young qback in a position to succeed. Hopefully Coleman is talented and he will show it come spring.

i myself believe that stephens will be the guy.... when bj played in the games all he did was run and if boyd isn't good for kiffin's system then how is bj going to? bj had one good game but it was in a jv game but who knows that could all change over the summer with the coaches working with all of them its a toss up. but whoever gets the job i just hope it will work out for the best

i myself believe that stephens will be the guy.... when bj played in the games all he did was run and if boyd isn't good for kiffin's system then how is bj going to? bj had one good game but it was in a jv game but who knows that could all change over the summer with the coaches working with all of them its a toss up. but whoever gets the job i just hope it will work out for the best

I'm not sure what "games" you are talking about that BJ played in....pretty much just the 1st half of the Vandy game and pretty much the only life in that game was when he was in it. He was never given a chance to show anything. One half of one game.

Your first couple of points can't even be termed "points"...they're just silliness. Just because B.J. was running the plays that he was given to execute doesn't make him a running qb. He's far from a running threat, so I'm not quite sure why you're comparing him to Boyd.
As for my opinion, I can see either B.J. or Mr. Crompton as our field general in the fall. They both have the tools and Jonathon is hands down the most physically talented of the three. However, we all know that it's his mind that needed the overhaul. I think with everything changing, by the time summer practice rolls around it'll be just the fresh start that Jon needed (not to mention CJC has been known to mold a qb or two). The O/W game will give us a good measuring stick as to where Jon's psyche is at this point.

I think Kiffin will have a hard time choosing a starter and we'll see multiple quarterbacks.... :blink:

You need to find the film on the UT jv game v/s Hargrave and check out the gun on BJ. I think he threw for 300+ and was very accurate. Get on youtube and check it out. BJ should be the future!!!!!!!

If anything Crompton has allot of bad habits to break and this is where BJ might have a slight edge. Crompton made countless errors and Fulmer kept him in with the thought Crompton was going to get better and BJ being a Freshman didn't have a clue. All that being a Senior or Junior gives up a right to the position is no more under CLK.

I think it will either come down to B.J. or Stephens. I think last year hurt Crompton's confidence a lot. With a new coach, staff, and offense maybe Crompton can redeem himself.

I would like to see BJ get his shot and for Nick to get another crack at it....Crompton needs to just hold the clipboard

Wasn't Coach Cut real high on BJ? I think he saw something there he could work with. Maybe Coach Kiff sees the same thing?

You need to find the film on the UT jv game v/s Hargrave and check out the gun on BJ. I think he threw for 300+ and was very accurate. Get on youtube and check it out. BJ should be the future!!!!!!!

I was at the game and did you see the defense that Hargrave had. They were not a quarter that of a florida or a alabama defense. yall can say what u want but its just my opinion its not like it matters for anything

Your first couple of points can't even be termed "points"...they're just silliness. Just because B.J. was running the plays that he was given to execute doesn't make him a running qb. He's far from a running threat, so I'm not quite sure why you're comparing him to Boyd.
As for my opinion, I can see either B.J. or Mr. Crompton as our field general in the fall. They both have the tools and Jonathon is hands down the most physically talented of the three. However, we all know that it's his mind that needed the overhaul. I think with everything changing, by the time summer practice rolls around it'll be just the fresh start that Jon needed (not to mention CJC has been known to mold a qb or two). The O/W game will give us a good measuring stick as to where Jon's psyche is at this point.

Yeah sure having your quaterback being physical is a plus. But why in the world would you want that as his leading attribute. Your quarterback is the leader on the field. They have to have the intelligance and Stephens and Coleman have more than Crompton. If you knew your stuff you would see how Stephens and Coleman go through their reciever much faster than Crompton. His eyes are glued to his primary reciever. So next time think before you type

I was at the game and did you see the defense that Hargrave had. They were not a quarter that of a florida or a alabama defense. yall can say what u want but its just my opinion its not like it matters for anything

Hargrave is basically a D-1 team with 26 players out of the top 50 Prep Players.

Sure they aren't a Florida or Alabama defense, but they're still good. They're probably around the level of a good mid major.

I just want to know what you all will do if Crompton does well next year...Will you cheer him on, or will you be sitting there waiting for a collapse?

VN Store

Back