Qb2

No **** sherlock. I kind of have to mention his name to get to the premise of who will replace him. This thread is to talk about qb2 and what the offense looks like with him. If you cant understand such a simple thing... please go somewhere else it's not hard to figure out that we aren't here to discuss JG.
Lol you played yourself

That depth chart had several things that didn’t happen.
True, but it's the only thing I've seen on paper so far. JG will start Saturday, so we won't know for sure unless, option 1: JG plays well and we get way up or option 2: JG plays terrible or gets injured.

Let's hope it's option 1...

What am I hearing about this year doesn't matter as far as red shirts? Can someone with knowledge expand on that. Is the play four game rule out the window?

I'm so confused!

From an eligibility perspective, this year is a freebie. We could start every freshman every single game and next year they would still be freshman. It's like this year neeeever even happened.

Since JG is obviously the coaches best option to win, and the QB roster probably not adding any new players through recruiting, why wouldn’t JG return next year and be the starter. One of the 3 current back ups can be #2 and the others may transfer. Surely if JG is the best option and he can get more experience and more maturity by his 6th year, who could beat him out? Or is he the luckiest player in the world and circumstances just keep allowing him to be the healthiest and only reasonable option they have For over 5 years.

Since JG is obviously the coaches best option to win, and the QB roster probably not adding any new players through recruiting, why wouldn’t JG return next year and be the starter. One of the 3 current back ups can be #2 and the others may transfer. Surely if JG is the best option and he can get more experience and more maturity by his 6th year, who could beat him out? Or is he the luckiest player in the world and circumstances just keep allowing him to be the healthiest and only reasonable option they have For over 5 years.
If he comes back and starts next year, I would argue we have a big problem with QB development...

IF he has a year that brings us an SEC East championship, why in the world would he want to come back? I would think it time for him to launch to the NFL....
I really hope our backups get some good reps this season. It would go a long way toward helping next seasons offense.

Reactions: m1al
I really hope our backups get some good reps this season. It would go a long way toward helping next seasons offense.
I do too. That's why I so want JG to tear it up, and get a big lead (in games we should) so the younger guys can get as many reps as possible.

Boy that depends. My guess is they would want to protect HB's eligibility for as long as possible and not burn his redshirt. With Covid causing an extra year of eligibility he could be around a long time.

I'd say BM gets first crack assuming JG is benched. If JG has a serious (multi week) injury maybe a different story.
Burn his redshirt? In 2020? You might want to do a little research.

Reactions: butchna
If I'm not mistaken some of the practice reports indicated Shrout was running practices with the 2s. If that's the case next man up. CJP has indicated more than once HB has been hurt by lack of practices in the spring and due to contact tracing. We won't see him until the staff is comfortable he's got it which means a lot more practices under his belt.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I'm hoping we see BM or JT only in cleanup rolls, I hope, I hope! JG has been the starter for what, 4 yrs now. He's shown flashes, not on 3rd downs unless JuJuan J was out there. Unless he gets hurt, i'm guessing he's it and next year HB is #2 or in the mix. I'm hoping JG remains the starter, that means were winning.

If JG plays well this week and gets us up by a good margin at the end of the 3rd, we will find out this week. My guess is Shrout.

All signs have pointed to Shrout. Haven't heard any informed site or person say otherwise.

Sounds like HB is behind the 8 ball...lost his Spring and all so understandable. Shoot, Bryce Young is sitting rn behind an unspectacular Mac Jones. Maurer has been banged up.
I didn't watch their game, but I heard Bryce didn't look anywhere near ready.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
JG is a lot of things. Fragile is not one of them.
He's the QB this year, hate all y'all want.

But to answer the question: Shrout is qb2

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Not thread worthy but I'm bored at work. I'm curious at to who people think will get the first shot at QB if JG gets injured or benched. Maybe someone like DeerPark can give an informed opinion.
Also....what will the offense look like with the qb2 you think they play?
Can I work where you do? Any openings ?

Reactions: Raebo

VN Store

Back