Qb2

Have we really not learned that we shouldn't play QBs before they are ready. JG is ruined because of it, Maurer may be.

I would turn to Shrout until HB is šŸ’Æ ready.
If they're that fragile (mentally) maybe we're recruiting the wrong players. IMO, our line should be good enough now to give these youngsters reps..

I think Shrout is QB2. My evidence is the fact that it has been stated that there is no difference between Shrout and Maurer other than Maurer being the better runner. Since Maurer is coming off Knee surgery on his right leg I predict that would negate him as a runner.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I think Shrout is QB2. My evidence is the fact that it has been stated that there is no difference between Shrout and Maurer other than Maurer being the better runner. Since Maurer is coming off Knee surgery on his right leg I predict that would negate him as a runner.
Donā€™t be so sure. It was a meniscus which is a laser surgery to repair what was already damaged. In the bowl game last year he played and even made a hard cut on the one that was already repaired and got the left leg done as well this off season.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
This year attendance is capped, so record doesn't matter for that. This year doesn't count against eligibility. This year everyone is bowl eligible regardless of record. So you give heavy reps to whomever you think will be the QB in 2021.
I think our players are playing for an SEC championship in their minds, no reason to start developing for next season until this season is determined in my opinion, that could be by game 5 or go all the way to our game vs Fl. If we somehow win the next 3 and some other teams in the East get upset then we'll likely be in the driver's seat headed into the Alabama game mid season. We're expected to win 2 of the next 3, just got to man up and win all 3. If GA loses to Aub Saturday and we beat Mizz then we could pretty much knock Ga out of the SEC East champion with an upset over them pups in 2 weeks. Football is nuts, 2020 is nuts, I've seen crazier things happen.

I think our players are playing for an SEC championship in their minds, no reason to start developing for next season until this season is determined in my opinion, that could be by game 5 or go all the way to our game vs Fl. If we somehow win the next 3 and some other teams in the East get upset then we'll likely be in the driver's seat headed into the Alabama game mid season. We're expected to win 2 of the next 3, just got to man up and win all 3. If GA loses to Aub Saturday and we beat Mizz then we could pretty much knock Ga out of the SEC East champion with an upset over them pups in 2 weeks. Football is nuts, 2020 is nuts, I've seen crazier things happen.
Sounds good to me.. Here's to them playing out of their minds for the next few games anyway...

Have we really not learned that we shouldn't play QBs before they are ready. JG is ruined because of it, Maurer may be.

I would turn to Shrout until HB is šŸ’Æ ready.
Trust me.... if anything were going to ruin Maurer it wouldā€™ve been his HS team. Heā€™s as confident as heā€™s ever been.

All signs have pointed to Shrout. Haven't heard any informed site or person say otherwise.

Sounds like HB is behind the 8 ball...lost his Spring and all so understandable. Shoot, Bryce Young is sitting rn behind an unspectacular Mac Jones. Maurer has been banged up.

I'm going in the context that we lost JG or had to replace him for poor play. In either scenario we are probably going to struggle to win the East this year. Ideally he improves greatly with more time actually practicing with the receivers and it's not an issues. If something happens and we aren't competing, you play for 2021, when we should be loaded.

It seemed like Shrout was the favorite in camp, but part of the reasoning for may have only been because Maurer had that Hamstring problem.

I didn't see Shrout out there and at one point Maurer had his helmet on in the huddle. Thought he might come in for a trick play.

HB is not ready.

I would be okay with Shrout or Maurer. It appears JG has improved. Id like the to think the same for them.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I agree with you, sadly it appear to be jg again in 21
I think he goes to the draft. He is probably going to get his masters this year since he graduated early. I donā€™t see what a sixth year in college does for him. One year after a masters is usually not enough time for a PhD.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Sounds good to me.. Here's to them playing out of their minds for the next few games anyway...
It's possible I feel, right now I think JG is the most/least wanted man on the Vol's island, a cakewalk game Sat where we improve in all facets would go a long way to help getting this fanbase all on the same page.

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
I think he goes to the draft. He is probably going to get his masters this year since he graduated early. I donā€™t see what a sixth year in college does for him. One year after a masters is usually not enough time for a PhD.
Might be hard to turn down only taking 6 online credit hours and getting to play football at Tennessee 1 more year, for free even. Like you said and I agree, I don't think he'd come back, might even transfer just to see what is out there. If Vols go 7-3 or better and he plays well he might slip into the draft as it doesn't look like a strong QB draft after the top 2 or 3. If we win Sat we can go 5-3 the rest of the way to get there, not that farfetched I feel IF we beat Mizz.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
That doesnā€™t match up with what little has been leaked out of practices...HB is battling for the 3rd string slot and not even close to #2. Not the news I wanted to hear but heā€™s a good HS QB with about two weeks of practice with a college team.
Seems unlikely imo.

If everyone is healthy, it would probably be Maurer if I had to guess - based on the evidence we have.

No sense in throwing HB out to the wolves (SEC).

Based on news from camp, Shrout would be most likely, but they'll only yank JG if forced into it or HB suddenly becomes amazing in practice. I don't think our coaches are particularly confident in any of our QBs... that's the sad truth. If JG is the best, then let's get behind him, I say.

Not thread worthy but I'm bored at work. I'm curious at to who people think will get the first shot at QB if JG gets injured or benched. Maybe someone like DeerPark can give an informed opinion.
Also....what will the offense look like with the qb2 you think they play?
Every time you post, the words ā€œgame, blousesā€ gets stuck in my head.
šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
GBO!!

It's possible I feel, right now I think JG is the most/least wanted man on the Vol's island, a cakewalk game Sat where we improve in all facets would go a long way to help getting this fanbase all on the same page.
I expect him to do what he always does and be average. The argument isn't going anywhere unfortunately. If he improves on third down, that will be just fine with me. This game really shouldn't be very close.

At this point, I'm exponentially more interested in seeing the defense show up for the whole game.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
According to depth chart released before sc, Maurer is #2. So unless he's done something bad since Saturday, I'll go with that...

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back