Punter taking position change in stride

Like I said, high major...

Tennessee didn't play box and 1 once against Marshall Henderson, never brought it out for Jodie Meeks when he set the Thompson Boiling scoring record either.

Tennessee was all ready playing man against Henderson, so I'm not sure what a box and 1 would accomplish.

I said, teams ran it against Davidson. Kansas, for example, played it almost exclusively against Davidson. Anyway, I guess we'll see. You're probably right (no passive aggressive meant with that comment).

Tennessee didn't play box and 1 once against Marshall Henderson, never brought it out for Jodie Meeks when he set the Thompson Boiling scoring record either.

Bad examples bc we didn't play any kind of defense on either one lol jk

Richardson plays long. He'll be an effective defender in the zone too.

I haven't seen a high major play box and 1 in a very long time, would love an example?!

Like I said, it's not gonna happen. This staff is having enough trouble trying to teach this zone to 12 new players, that will likely continue into the season, they won't be implementing "junk defenses".

Turgeon also played it some when he was at A&M (not sure about now). He used to lock up Abrahms of Texas one year.

Richardson plays long. He'll be an effective defender in the zone too.

No doubt, he will be effective in any defense. I just think he is one the best, if not the best, man to man defender in the nation. I just liked watching him lock guys up.

Tennessee was all ready playing man against Henderson, so I'm not sure what a box and 1 would accomplish.

I said, teams ran it against Davidson. Kansas, for example, played it almost exclusively against Davidson. Anyway, I guess we'll see. You're probably right (no passive aggressive meant with that comment).

Kansas didn't play box and 1 against Davidson, show me they did and I'll admit I'm wrong, but I watched that game and don't recall seeing it one possession.

Just like with Martin in his first year, he was having such a tough time teaching all the new guys his defense that he said they wouldn't even think about anything else. Last year with a pretty veteran starting lineup he implemented a few different zones and presses that proved to be effective.

Tyndall is having a tough time teaching his complex zone to 12 new players, 13 if you wanna count Bonds, that the last thing he's thinking about is junk defenses. He has also said that since he implemented his matchup zone from Louisville he's never played one possession of anything else, and I'm guessing he's faced a few perimeter players in his time?

Nobody knows for sure, but nothing suggests to me that we will be seeing any sort of junk defenses from Tennessee this year, I'm guessing it'll be all matchup zones.

Kansas didn't play box and 1 against Davidson, show me they did and I'll admit I'm wrong, but I watched that game and don't recall seeing it one possession.

Just like with Martin in his first year, he was having such a tough time teaching all the new guys his defense that he said they wouldn't even think about anything else. Last year with a pretty veteran starting lineup he implemented a few different zones and presses that proved to be effective.

Tyndall is having a tough time teaching his complex zone to 12 new players, 13 if you wanna count Bonds, that the last thing he's thinking about is junk defenses. He has also said that since he implemented his matchup zone from Louisville he's never played one possession of anything else, and I'm guessing he's faced a few perimeter players in his time?

Nobody knows for sure, but nothing suggests to me that we will be seeing any sort of junk defenses from Tennessee this year, I'm guessing it'll be all matchup zones.

Go to the 7 min mark of the video. I'll be waiting :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UUiwuFqRF0

Reactions: 1 person
Well, what can you do when you lose your starting point guard to an ACL injury? Teach a 2 how to run the point! Thank God BL can help coach him! And you jokers didn't want nothing to do with him starting! Give me a break! Shows how much you actually knew! Hopefully, he can take up the slack! Roll the dice, my friends!

BLo didn't speak really when I was there. He sat on the side. Doesn't mean that happens every day. Its just what I saw.

Maybe I'm thinking Trae's era, but I know for a fact Josh has run Pg for Tennessee before.

Yea you're thinking of Trae's time, but even then that was more Jordan than Josh, but he did play a little bit at point. He guarded the opponents Pg pretty frequently also.

Talked to J Richs Dad back during the spring and he said Josh always brought the ball up in HS and never came out of the game. Played all five positions for his HS. Dude is a baller and will def be our backup PG. Id like to see Josh at PG with Hubbs n Baulkman the sg/wing with some regularity this season. Loads of length and athleticism

You guys seem to forget that this is Josh's senior year and he wants to be Tennessee's scoring leader not assist leader for his NBA aspirations.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back